The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Safety Hole Lite by Menny Lindenfeld (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
871 Posts

Profile of gitty
I would love to read a review of this new lite version of Menny Lindenfeld's SAFETY HOLE LITE.
It's now selling at HocusPocus.
WALTHER
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Not sure how lite it can be - as the original Safety Hole is the size of a credit card. I lost this one but recall it's a great trick that I carried in my wallet.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
It's supposed to be the same, but easier.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Come to think of it, the original Safety Hole is no longer available for sale..
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
I too loved the original version. Great little effect as long as you use your own handling (I did not like the handling that was included in the description). No idea about the new lite version, or what that would even mean.
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
Quote:
On 2007-11-22 14:44, evolve629 wrote:
Come to think of it, the original Safety Hole is no longer available for sale..

I think it is still available here:
http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/findit.pl?x_item=SP4841

Jeff
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Just curious how it is differ with orinal safety hole. It said this one can be used from beginner performer.
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
There are a couple of differences between Safety Hole Lite and the original Safety Hole. This version uses a simpler handling and it eliminates the final phase from the original where 3 holes appear on the credit card. The switch used in this version utilizes one of those cheap plastic card wallets while the original used more of an "out in the open" switch.

I do not own the original Safety Hole but I am familiar with the workings. I actually prefer the handling of the original compared to the new version. I have performed Safety Hole Lite several times now using the handling from the original version and it has gotten good reactions. The thing I don't like about the new handling is that it involves putting the credit card into the provided card wallet and then removing it again which looks a little unnatural. I'd rather use my everyday wallet instead since it makes more sense to carry a credit card in this.

I kind of wish Safety Hole Lite still included the final third phase where 3 holes appear, but unfortunately this is not possible. One good thing about this is that you can show the credit card more freely at the beginning of the effect. Overall I like this effect and the included routine is easier to perform than the original which was the main purpose of this version. The easier switch does provide a less clean looking handling compared to the original which is the biggest drawback in my opinion. But it really isn't that hard to come up with your own handling using your own wallet.

Matt
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Here is a new version (2.0): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAtEhwCCx......gest_fri

Do you know if the card can be your real card? I mean that you can pay with it for real at the end of the trick... Otherwise, it would be disappointing to present it like in the trailer and then not be able to pay with it! Smile
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
You cannot use that card to pay. Therefore you cannot present it like in the trailer. Unless you put the hole back and then say that you'll just use another card.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On 2012-01-20 09:42, Cameron Francis wrote:
Therefore you cannot present it like in the trailer.

Here is the problem... Thanks Cameron for saving me money Smile
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
NOCTURNOWL
View Profile
New user
BURBANK
5 Posts

Profile of NOCTURNOWL
Hmm... Safety Hole... great name for sure.
Hugh Entwistle
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of Hugh Entwistle
Could someone tell me how practical this effect is, what are the angles, does it come WITH a gimmicked card or can you use your own (it could be an old one, I'm aware that you can't pay with it) and the set up process - how long is it, do you need much other stuff and can you, once it being setup, put it into your wallet for a while or do you need to walk up to someone and perform it after set up.
magician81
View Profile
Loyal user
singapore
293 Posts

Profile of magician81
Hi all,

I just got it couple of days back, and this is really a worker. You will receive everything needed to perform this effect. Of course, there is a video tutorial by Menny, showing the different ways of 'moving' the hole. I do not think the reason for not able to use the credit card to pay is a reason for not getting this effect. You can come up with a patter that, the hole is to safeguard your credit card and you can move it as and when you need to.

No set up, just put this in your wallet will do. You do not need to get extra stuff to make this work,etc. Instead reset. Of course, similar to many magic tricks, just make sure no one is behind you when performing.
never try, never know
onairnow
View Profile
New user
Scotland
5 Posts

Profile of onairnow
Hi,

I really like the look of this effect. I emailed the guys at World Magic Shop asking what was included and they quickly got back in touch saying that everything I'd need is in the box; I'm glad I don't need to punch holes in any of my own cards but wonder if the included card is obviously *not* a real card? Does it look overly fake or, if you're working this, do the spectators tend not to notice?

I'm pretty much a novice but like the 'beginner friendly' feel of this and the fact that it can always live in my wallet is appealing. Any other users got any fresh opinions/recommendations on this?
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
Changing the world with my
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Call me cynical but the editing of that demo video does nothing to persuade me that there aren't at least two cards involved -- neither of which would be your real card.

Card shown that looks normal except for hole then a cutaway to then come back to a card on which you can see the hole move...then presumably another cutaway before we go back to the original card with the hole in it.
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
You receive two cards, one gimmicked and one normal card (with a hole in it). When you move the hole from the magnetic strip to the opposite side, you use only your hand as cover as you slide the hole across the card. Before handing the card out for examination, you must perform a s****h for the normal card.

The effect is very easy to do and the credit card looks more realistic than other credit card effects on the market. I usually tell people that it's a one of those junk mail credit cards that everyone has received at some point.
magician81
View Profile
Loyal user
singapore
293 Posts

Profile of magician81
Hi guys,

Yes, you can't use the card for your purchases. But you can also come up with your own patter when performing. Something like, how to safeguard your credit card when you are not using it, or like what Sabitu said above, it's one of the junk credit cards received in the mail, etc.....my point is 'look outside' of the demo and see how you can perform this. I performed it last night during a family gathering, and received good reactions.

Simple and easy to do. Instant reset. And you can give it out for examination after a switch. You will receive everything needed for this switch. And of course, detailed instructions from the creator. I give top marks to Menny for this effect. 97%. Defintely my 'worker of the week.'
never try, never know
magician81
View Profile
Loyal user
singapore
293 Posts

Profile of magician81
Also I think it's not right to watch the demo, and speculate on the methods, and try to make it your own. Give some due respect for the creator. Cheers.
never try, never know
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Doesn't Sankey have a hole effect identical in method but with playing cards?
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Safety Hole Lite by Menny Lindenfeld (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL