The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Time after time » » Master Magician?? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Raymond Singson
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of Raymond Singson
Although I agree that magic is entirely too broad to receive a formal "Master-level" title, I think it would be interesting to at least acknowledge who is "classically trained" in the craft. Magic's organizations like the IBM, SAM, etc could publish an extensive curriculum covering various aspects of magic ranging from close-up sleight of hand, stage manipulation, to more abstract lessons like performance theory. Actually pursuing the curriculum would be optional for new, general members, but those who actively take the lessons and excel in them could/should be formally acknowledged. I don't think this would form an unintended hierarchy the way "Master Magician" humorously implies-- I think it would just instill more respect and awareness among magicians for what they love.

I believe that actors, singers, dancers, etc, all come from just as expansive forms of entertainment, but only a few of them are classically trained in their craft. The general public typically doesn't know who is classically trained, but the individual entertainer has a memorable experience and respect for his/her craft.

It'd be nice. Don't know how practical it would be, but I think it'd be a nice way to educate those among our own ranks.

RS.
“The purpose of art is to lay bare the questions which have been hidden by the answers.” -- James Arthur Baldwin

raymond.singson@gmail.com
Peter McMillan
View Profile
Elite user
St. George, Utah
497 Posts

Profile of Peter McMillan
Quote:
On 2012-10-28 05:57, Glenn Morphew wrote:
How you become a "Master Magician"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05RFMC7VK8s

Hope you enjoy it.

Glenn

That was great! Thank you for the post.

I will never obtain the title of Master Magician, but when folks tell me how much they enjoyed what I did to entertained them, that is enough.

To paraphrase Glenn, "We all put our pants on one leg at a time". Unless you sit down of course. May be Losander could work on that for us to buy.
Spiritus Dictum Artifacts ~ Tools of the Craft for Serious Workers http://petemcmillan.wixsite.com/sd-artifacts/artifacts
~
www.SantaPeteUtah.com
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
I put my pants on over my head.

It is quite demanding but it is only through these challenges that we may live up to our full potential and rise to Super Human status.

-Mary Mowder
ColtonRaelund
View Profile
Regular user
COLTON ZOROASTER RAELUND
116 Posts

Profile of ColtonRaelund
~TARBELL~ This is the very closest to the course you speak of that will ever exist. As Jay Marshall said, any person who masters at least 10% of Tarbell's material, would possibly be the greatest magician alive.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Time after time » » Master Magician?? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL