The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Outlaw Effects Products...(long) (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Mark_Chandaue Pmed ya. Waiting to hear back and get this resolved for ya.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
altrez
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
218 Posts

Profile of altrez
Just wanted to let every know that Rick did email me back after the holiday.

-Altrez
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Rick has advised me that the items have shipped so now I can relax and wait for these great items to arrive in the mail.
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Showdown is one of the best wallet effect ever invented....
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I have a few items from Outlaw. My comment is... they are totally worth the wait. If you need it tomorrow, don't order it today. If you decide you can't wait the wait, then don't order. You will just be missing out on some of the best effects ever. Also, they are SO unique, they are amazing. I recently ordered some stuff, haven't received them yet, but I'll wait.. because I believe I won't be dissapointed when they do come walking in the door.
KJ.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Outlaw has stuff I have never even dreamed of in magic! My gosh. I mean, NO magic shop in the WORLD would ever carry the L*n@ series and PG! And that's GOOD! That set of four books is a complete SHOW! One-of-a-kind. Nobody had anything that even comes CLOSE!

My sister (very religious) is STILL rattled by my Thanksgiving performance! She steadily reminds me! Her husband says I'm possessed! He was rattled. They really thought I read their minds! I may have over-acted a bit. I got wild-eyed and heavy-breathing during the encounter with the crazy man. That scared them!

With the incredible success of L*n@, they now have a new one for America! It's called "R00m S*rvice". This is an American L*n@ series. Hopefully, it will be the three books and the Cemetary (PG).

Doug
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I have to agree, I havve prformed this and it really is an emotional roller coaster, its up to you how dark you want to make it but for me one of my best purchases ever.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Two things I am interested in are Kioku and Sanctum. Sanctum is the one I just don't get. There are several parts and versions. Kioku sounds intriguing. I might spring for that one this pay day. Sanctum, I have to research...

Doug
Bill Thomas
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Bill Thomas
Hey Doug

Kioku is great! This is one that I will always keep in my wallet. I also bought a Jinn Box, which I REALLY love. In my opinion, this will be a purchase you wont regret.

Best,

Bill
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Yep Kioku is a really goodeffect, I always have it with me, I like to do it with the drawing the memory finish.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Doug,

I agree about Sanctum. I purchased it without understanding exactly what it was, and it turns out that it is not something I would perform. Smile

Kioku is very good, however Reflections includes the same effect within the book plus a lot more. If carrying it in your wallet isn't a necessity for you then look at Reflections instead.

Jim
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Thanks Jim! Smile I'm also looking at Lunaria...
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Reflections...version 2...yeah! Thanks Jim! That's most likely my next purchase. Gotta get a-hold of Rick and see if any are in stock...
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Quote:
On 2013-05-28 08:14, Dougini wrote:
Reflections...version 2...yeah! Thanks Jim! That's most likely my next purchase. Gotta get a-hold of Rick and see if any are in stock...

Looks like Rick has both soft & hard of Reflections in stock, matter of fact he's having a sale on the hardbound version, for $5 more over softbound you can have the hardbound !! Thinking of selling my softbound & getting the hardbound version while it's on sale !
magringo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sad that all I have is a scant
326 Posts

Profile of magringo
I had to wait a year for some pieces and people told me that might happen...but that being said... Rick is amazing and so are the effects -- even my wife said so (although she didn't know how much I spent) -- ... I only wish he'd give people appropriate time frames... I don't mind waiting... but a heads up because each piece is hand made etc... still he comes through... and I'm happy
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I have read and re-read the ad for Kioku, and I really don't understand it. I would love to get a good pocket effect from Outlaw, as I only have a few of the regular book test effects. Can anyone share what a Kioku presentation might look like?
Also, is Kioku the best of the pocket effects or do some of you have any different favorite?
Thx,
KJ
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
I took advantage of the recent specials on the Outlaw site and purchased the three Lunas, "So Dark," and the Reflections hardcover.

I pointed out problems I found with these products in the following threads:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=82&7
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=82&2
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=7982396
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=14&5

It seems clear that Outlaw Effects could use some improvement in their product testing and proofreading. As astounding as it may seem, a customer pointed out Reflection's problematic page in 2007, before the hardcover was even released, but the error wasn't corrected.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
1KJ the way I present it is to get the spectator to think of a favourite memory, I look at them and begin to draw something on a pad, I then ask them to reinforce the memory and draw some more, at the end I ask them what their memory was, for example they might say a favourite holiday, when they look at mt drawing they see a beach scene with people and sun umbrellas etc. I cant go into more detail here but if you are looking for a great Little pocket effect this is great.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
George,

Thanks for Reflections performance idea. It's much better than just standing there while the spec reads or looks up.

The point of my post, though, was to show how Outlaw is in need of better product testing and proofreading. I noticed flaws in Reflections, Luna, and "So Dark" within one or two days of their arrival. I haven't really gotten into Luna yet. I'm still planning my mark ups. It's distressing, though, how few people on the Café point these deficiencies out. It makes me wonder how many people actually perform Outlaw Effects and how many just collect them.

I don't own Room Service but a Café user has pointed out that, since there is a difference in patient case number formats from one volume to another, he would avoid allowing a spec to look at both books. Is this more evidence that Outlaw needs improved quality control?

An earlier post on this thread, from 2007:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=5338465
pointed out problems with Homicide UK. Have these errors been corrected?
Wyld2006
View Profile
New user
If only I was clever enough to come up with something witty to back up my...
41 Posts

Profile of Wyld2006
Did I miss it, I was really hoping someone owned and could review "The Departed" Seems like such a cool idea.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Outlaw Effects Products...(long) (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL