The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Fercos (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Hey everyone.

Does anyone know anything about the fercos brothers?
Also what's the "siegfried and roy" wanna bees show like?
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
868 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
Quote:
On 2007-12-17 11:15, MagicalOdyssey wrote:
Hey everyone.

Does anyone know anything about the fercos brothers?
Also what's the "siegfried and roy" wanna bees show like?

I think you might want to do a little research before you start name calling. They have been around for a very long time and were performing in Vegas during the 70's. They come from a long line of circus performers. They perform a lot all over the world and their show is something to be seen. Why don't you take a look at their site, http://www.fercos.com/index.htm
Corrupting the art of magic, one show at a time
www.underworldent.com
www.myspace.com/johnshawcomedymagic
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Maybe S&R copied them??

No, but seriously, I think it is not so much the actual act/illusions (even though for someone new like MO they would seem to have copied), but it does look like they have choreographed their movements from a S&R special.

Too bad they get this rap as they have a great looking show. Original touches, and legitimate illusions. And...they have been around awhile.

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
styck13
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of styck13
We saw them this summer at Dollywood. It wasn't a bad show at all. It moved very quickly, there was a LOT of magic in THAT SHOW.

We sat right in front of the sound guy and right at the end of the show the routine that they were doing ran a little long (i've forgot what the trick was). the sound guy was trying to "cheat" he cd by rewinding it just a little bit during a sound effect or something..he accidetly hit the Track button rather than the rewind button and the song started all over. THAT was the only thing that went wrong during that show..or at least the only thing that I SAW(HEARD).
adam christopher
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of adam christopher
Careful, remember young Daniel Steep is a PETA supporter......please keep this topic at arms distance one way or another!

Thanks
gulamerian
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of gulamerian
Well said Caveat Lector. Well said.
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Adam. as stated before in previous posts. "us to clear things up.. I havent been a member of Peta for over a year now nor do I give them any money.. I am sickend by animal cruilty"

Main reason I ask about these guys is that ive heard through the grape vine that they not too long ago had two of there tigers killed because they were getting to large for the stage.
asianmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
130 Posts

Profile of asianmagic
Saw their show in Atlantic City a few years back. I enjoyed the show. Tons of big massive props. Alas, however, it was indeed an S&R clone to the max in every conceivable manner. Looks, costumes, mannerisms, effects... everything...
adam christopher
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Just remember, one doesn't have to pay dues in order to fulfill certain organizations Agendas. I find it rediculous to slam an act just because of "grapevine" rumors. Please know the truth before you speak.....thank you!

AC
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
AC.

Im not "Slamming them"
And at least one or two ppl in this post are all agreeing with the S&R copying statement.
Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
Quote:
On 2007-12-17 22:16, MagicalOdyssey wrote:
Adam. as stated before in previous posts. "us to clear things up.. I havent been a member of Peta for over a year now nor do I give them any money.. I am sickend by animal cruilty"

Main reason I ask about these guys is that ive heard through the grape vine that they not too long ago had two of there tigers killed because they were getting to large for the stage.

Actually you are quoting directly from a PETA site where it was reported that they gave 2 cats to Joe Exotic and that they were put down because they were too old. So, please don't say you heard it through the grape vine, when it was PETA's site. They even used the term S&R wannabees. I have been to their compound in Las Vegas and I have seen how they keep their animals. They were treated very well and the enclosures were very roomy. They had a 14 year old lion living there that was just a push over and very friendly, I say had becuase by now many years later I assume it has passed on. I find it very hard to believe that they would put down cats becuase they are too large for the stage. They were both very giving of their time and showed me how a lot of large illusions worked and let me look and ask questions. I think it is funny for everyone to say that they are copycats when after speaking with them about this they told me it was the other way around. That S&R had seen their show and molded theirs after the Fercos'. Funny that just because one group gained world wide fame before the other that they are the originators. I do not know if this is true obviously but it is something to think about. You seem to just jump on things without doing much research on your own. "Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see", a very wise persom once said that, just a ittle food for thought.
www.underworldent.com
Swann101
View Profile
Special user
558 Posts

Profile of Swann101
I must say it does look a lot like S&R, wonder who was first? I thought the tiger vanish from cage lifted in air was a S&R signature piece? Interesting video.
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
To answer your question: Siegfried & Roy where first !
adam christopher
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Again Kudo's to the Fercos brothers for keeping the tradition of Exotic Animals and the World of Illusion alive! Siegfried and Roy left a huge void and hopefully Tony & Ferdinand can in some small or not so small way contribute toward filling that void (along with Dirk, Greg, etc..) A great man once said that every young boy and girl in America should be able to see at least one great Magic Show and one great circus in their life, I personally believe that the Fercos show combines the best of both worlds!!!!

AC
With It, For It, & Can't Get Enough of It!!!
magicfreak_NV
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of magicfreak_NV
Not to open a can of worms here.

But the Ferco's do not have nice props. All of their stuff is poorly made and taken care of.

not to mention the list of accidents these guys have had with their cats over the years.
just recently they were in China where one of their tigers attacked their own relative. Big legal battle they had to deal with. As they seized their props after the Ferco's demanded the promoters pay the hospital bills.

I'm not going to get into here. But do some research and you will find a list of the big cats attacks.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-12-18 08:11, MagicalOdyssey wrote:
AC.

Im not "Slamming them"
And at least one or two ppl in this post are all agreeing with the S&R copying statement.

Make that 3. LOL

Calling them S&R clones is not an insult. Its an obvious observance. The photo on their website front page looks like a S&R photo. The similarities are numerous. Two men in flashy jumpsuits, one blond and one brunette with a tiger between them. It would remind most people of S&R. This doesn't mean they are doing anything wrong. They appear to do their own thing but DO look a lot like S&R.

Best,

Tim
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Quote:
On 2007-12-19 12:51, magicfreak_NV wrote:

not to mention the list of accidents these guys have had with their cats over the years.
just recently they were in China where one of their tigers attacked their own relative.

But do some research and you will find a list of the big cats attacks.

theses are NOT from a peta site.. most come from zoocheck.

May 6, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
During the feeding of three lions owned by the ‘Fercos Family’ act, a keeper was attacked by one of them

April 3, Seoul, SOUTH KOREA
During a ‘Fercos Family’ performance, a lion bit a performer.

that's what I could find just from a quick search on zoochek.
adam christopher
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Again, let's agree to disagree, you're an animal rights activist and always will be, I must have a tad bit of sawdust in these veins because we'll always be at polar oposites on this topic...go out, work for a circus for 6 months that have exotics, tell me if your feelings are the same!!!! Until then the whole conversation is idle dribble and mere hearsay.....AC
Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
Quote:
On 2007-12-19 16:32, MagicalOdyssey wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-12-19 12:51, magicfreak_NV wrote:

just recently they were in China where one of their tigers attacked their own relative.

But do some research and you will find a list of the big cats attacks.

theses are NOT from a peta site.. most come from zoocheck.

May 6, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
During the feeding of three lions owned by the ‘Fercos Family’ act, a keeper was attacked by one of them

April 3, Seoul, SOUTH KOREA
During a ‘Fercos Family’ performance, a lion bit a performer.

that's what I could find just from a quick search on zoochek.

Why don't you go out and list all of the accidents that S&R have had in their career. You jump on these guys but everyone who works big cats get bit, that is just the way it is. I have worked big cats myself for 10 years and have only had one bad bite, the rest were just pressure bites. They are wild animals that are trained, not tame. S&R have had their fare share of attacks not only on them but I know of one of their trainers who was killed by one of the cats. It is par for the course, ask any fireman if they would be suprised if they got burned or breathed in too much smoke. I agree that animals should be treated well and not abused, but until you have worked these type of animals in real world conditions you are not fully aware of what happens. To just regurgitate some news that they were bit does not mean that they are mistreating the animal.
www.underworldent.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Fercos (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL