The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Nick Trost packet tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
What are the best of the following Trost packet effects:

Born Loser
Eight Card Brainwave
Mini Maze
Wild Deuce
Triple Climax
4Gone
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Eight Card Brainwave
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
I always liked Mini Maze myself, though I think the best Nick Trost packet trick was Razzle Dazzle.
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
What Paul said...

And if you are willing to purchase some handmade cards you can have it made up so that the faces change instead of the backs and you have a nice double change wild card effect.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Is his stuff still available?..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Quote:
On 2007-12-23 07:41, joseph wrote:
Is his stuff still available?..

Purchase the book "The Card Magic of Nick Trost" and you will a good start on the genius of Nick Trost.
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
Rennie- I've seen numerous posts by you in many threads extolling this book, and have tried to act on your recommendation. However, I've not been able to find a copy to purchase anywhere. Do you know where one can be found?

Thanks.
John
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Also check out Nick's "Trick-Kards" in "The Card Magic of NT." It's an easy, twisting-the-aces-type effect with two back changes AND a face-color change.
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Quote:
On 2007-12-24 14:49, jonnyboy wrote:
Rennie- I've seen numerous posts by you in many threads extolling this book, and have tried to act on your recommendation. However, I've not been able to find a copy to purchase anywhere. Do you know where one can be found?

Thanks.
John

John,
I keep seeing them come up on E-Bay, very rarely but I have seen them and I keep saying to myself" Buy it because someone will be looking for it". Seriously it is my very favorite card book as it relies mainly on sublety and very entertaining card magic.
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
There are some Trost packet effects currently available at mickeyhades -only half a dozen left as I bought 6 the end of last week.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
A lot of his best known packet tricks are still available from L&L Publishing.

BUT, if you can get your hands on his book, you can put together "Abra-Card-Abra" which quite honestly you will do for the rest of your life simply to see the look on your specs faces at the end of the trick.

I see "The Card Magic of Nick Trost" on ebay on occasion. It usually goes for around $100.00.
A last minute bid of $150.00 would likely have secured the last few I've seen up for auction.

I'd gladly pay $200.00 if I hadn't already purchased one, and the book is actually "worth" far more than that.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
What is the effect of Abra-card-Abra, briefly?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
In Nick's words the trick was inspired by Vernon's "Do as I Do":

"the performer hands a packet of red backed cards to a spec while he holds a packet of blue backed cards. The spec hands the performer any red backed card, and the performer gives the spec one of his blue backed cards.
When the cards are shown, they match. (say both 9 of Hearts)

"Many people imagine that all the cards are the same" the performer remarks. "Well, they are." With that, the performer turns over both packets, showing that ALL the other cards in both packets are blank". (or whatever "same card" you choose, as you construct this effect yourself).

I know the Magic Café is often overloaded with overstatement when it comes to tricks, but this contribution from Nick really looks like magic.
BTW, like most Trost magic, this is sleight free, with the exception of a single very basic move (I hesitate to call it a sleight) that is even easier than it otherwise would be due to the effects design.
Number One
View Profile
Regular user
Mike J Kelly
164 Posts

Profile of Number One
I have just got 'Match' by Wayne Dobson. Is this the same as Nick's 'Abra-card-Abra'.

How many times should you show the 'match' before revealing 'all the same'

Mike
Smile Guess which hand the frog is in.
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
An ad for a new Nick Trost book, Subtle Card Creations, Vol. 1, was just published in Genii, for all you Trost fans, and there seem to be many.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On 2008-01-20 11:11, jonnyboy wrote:
An ad for a new Nick Trost book, Subtle Card Creations, Vol. 1, was just published in Genii, for all you Trost fans, and there seem to be many.

Yes, this will contain some packet tricks too. H & R Books are producing it. Considering the last hard cover Trost book is out of print I predict this will be a quick seller, I believe there are offering a post free deal for pre-orders being taken now. The book is away at the printers and expected back the first week in March.

Paul.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Quote:

...........I predict this will be a quick seller.....

As do I.
You should already have your orders in folks.
danielrhall
View Profile
Regular user
NH, where some days I feel as dumb as
181 Posts

Profile of danielrhall
I put this in another forum here but I'll add it here as well so folks thinking about buying this book can get the best deal I've seen.

FYI...

Hank Lee is offering a 20% discount on books until January 31st. I just ordered this book and the discount was applied to the pre-order. And shipping is free!

-Dan
danielrhall
View Profile
Regular user
NH, where some days I feel as dumb as
181 Posts

Profile of danielrhall
If anyone placed an order to Hank Lee for the new Trost book based on the info I provided, I apologize. I just looked at my Visa statement online and discovered that a day after Hank Lee charged my card for the transaction, they took it upon themselves to charge $6.95 to my card for shipping the book. This in spite of the fact that they clearly offered free shipping with the pre-order. I called them and they told me they won't combine discounts. Too bad their online system said nothing of the kind.

The only real problems I've ever had ordering magic online have been with Hank Lee. Maybe it's time I learned my lesson!
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
You might consider purchasing your reading material from H&R Books.

Nothing but straight up goods from the management, NEVER any surprises, and personal service from Richard to ensure everything goes perfectly.

There's hundreds of folks here on the Café who tell stories similar to my own about H&R..............there's probably a lesson buried in there somewhere.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Nick Trost packet tricks (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL