The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Best Juice Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Is anyone familiar a guy in New York, he use to have a website: www.itsinthecards2006.
It doesn't work anymore but he had some incredible juice decks. I don't have a name.

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Steve,
You should check in with David Malek. He knows...
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
http://marked-cards.com

(not the guy you asked about, but this has street cred for juice.)
Ashley Cox
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Ashley Cox
If you want lots of decks, then maybe marked-cards.com would be OK, but what if I only want a couple of decks, then it is too expensive.

Any recommendations of good juice deck makers?
Cranial Fermentator
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of Cranial Fermentator
I just visited the http://www.itsinthecards2006.com site via the Way Back Machine at the Internet Archive and found his old email address: itsinthecards2006@yahoo.com
Maybe you should try contacting him and see if he's still selling?

Paul
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
I think the reason itsinthecards2006 went out of business was because his Juice formula burned the finish on the cards.

You can try this guys cards....but, I have not seen his quality, nor do I know the guy: http://www.markedcards.net/juice_marked_cards.html

Always reflect light off the back of the card to see if you see a dull area where the Juice was applied. That is where the finish is burned. The good news is that the marks look good from most angles unless the light hits the cards from an angle.

Most quality pre-marked juiced decks sell for between $60 - $100 per deck for paper cards and over $100 - $120 per deck for plastic cards. If you get cheap decks...I would suspect the quality of the cards.

So, regardless of what you buy, check the quality AND work out your real cost per deck.

Regardless of your decision....enjoy !
Long Island,

New York
Ashley Cox
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Ashley Cox
Thanks. I was hoping someone would have a pointer to a quality pre-marked deck in the $30 range. I guess I was just being unrealistic! I'll think about investing in a marking system myself...
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

I would try using Juice Dust or N-Dust they are easier to use than solutions. In addition, if you want to practice a little, you can even make "ad-hoc" Juiced cards while people are watching.
Long Island,

New York
Ashley Cox
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Ashley Cox
Expertmagician--Have you tried the dust yet? I know what the regular liquid juice is like, but I'm trying to figure out how a powdered form would work. Are you basically applying the mark into the crevices of the finish?
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Juice Dust is not appied with a brush or marker. You apply the dust by using you finger.

You are correct, in that the dust adhears to the tecture and crevaces of the card and it is formulated to last a VERY long time.

The main advantage of the dust is that it can not damage the finish of your cards and, with practice, you can make an ad-hoc Juice deck. But, I would start by marking cards at home and them switch in the deck if need be. As you gain experience, then you can mark while people watch, without their knowledge.

Always check the finish by reflecting light off the back of your cards. Cheap Juice products will damage the finish because the are alcohol or water based and the finish will either burn or dull or warp. The better products do not have these issues.

Enjoy !
Long Island,

New York
Ashley Cox
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Ashley Cox
Quote:
On 2008-01-14 23:25, Expertmagician wrote:
Juice Dust is not appied with a brush or marker. You apply the dust by using you finger.

You are correct, in that the dust adhears to the tecture and crevaces of the card and it is formulated to last a VERY long time.

The on-the-fly marking via the dust is not of use to me right now. But I'm still leaning towards the dust based on what you said. How good are the marks with the dust--superior or inferior to a high quality liquid application?
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Liquid solutions are always more difficult to work with...even if they are in a marker. Old fashioned Juice also had the problem of having to watch a clock due to "set times". But, the better Juice products do not have this problem.

The main advantage of Juice dust and N-Dust is that you never have to worry about damaging the finish of the cards.

I hope this helps !
Long Island,

New York
Ashley Cox
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Ashley Cox
I've been sick, so sorry for the late reply.

Yes, this helps a lot. I'm going to purchase some dust and give it a try. I'll talk with the manufacturer a bit about juice dust vs n-dust.
altrez
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
218 Posts

Profile of altrez
Where can Juice Dust and N-Dust be purchesed?

Thanks

-Altrez
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Did you look on http://www.marked-cards.com ?
Long Island,

New York
altrez
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
218 Posts

Profile of altrez
Yes I was looking for other places that might sell the same type of product.

Thank you,

-Altrez
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

I don't believe you will find another source....if you do, please PM me.
Thanks !
Long Island,

New York
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On 2008-01-12 00:11, Expertmagician wrote:
I think the reason itsinthecards2006 went out of business was because his Juice formula burned the finish on the cards.

You can try this guys cards....but, I have not seen his quality, nor do I know the guy: http://www.markedcards.net/juice_marked_cards.html

Always reflect light off the back of the card to see if you see a dull area where the Juice was applied. That is where the finish is burned. The good news is that the marks look good from most angles unless the light hits the cards from an angle.

Most quality pre-marked juiced decks sell for between $60 - $100 per deck for paper cards and over $100 - $120 per deck for plastic cards. If you get cheap decks...I would suspect the quality of the cards.

So, regardless of what you buy, check the quality AND work out your real cost per deck.

Regardless of your decision....enjoy !

Randy still sells his decks for $20.00. He can be reached at:

itsinthecards2006@yahoo.com

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Interesting....I thought he went out of business last year.

Regardless, if you can get a good quality Juice deck for $20. I would get it.

Marking your own will cost about $3.00 per deck and take about an hour or less.

Always check Juiced cards my reflecting light off the back to make sure the solution did not burn (dull) the finish where the mark was applied.

Enjoy....for $20 you can't get a pre-marked Juice deck for less. Of course, I don't know the quality that $20 gets you....but, it's worth a shot.
Long Island,

New York
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Best Juice Deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL