The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The February 2002 entrée: TC Tahoe » » Special moments? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicboy111
View Profile
New user
somewhere in Idaho
25 Posts

Profile of magicboy111
Hey TC,

Like the others have said, thanks a million for sharing your expertise with us, it is sure nice to have you on board...I was wondering, every magician that performs as long and well as you have, must have some "moments". Whether it be embarrassing ones, or strange ones, any type of story you could share with us?

Thanks,

Corey
tctahoe
View Profile
V.I.P.
Lakeland Fl.
733 Posts

Profile of tctahoe
I have way too many embarrassing moments to go into, here is something that happened to me that I will never (and should never) forget.

I was working an afternoon party, doing walk-around. Everything went well during the first hour. Then I noticed a little girl, six years old, sitting on her own. I started to go over to her, but was stopped by her mother. She explained to me that her daughter, Sarah, was uncomfortable around men. It seems her dad had slapped her around pretty bad one night, and then killed himself. Apparently, Sarah had not spoken for almost a year. I said ok, I will leave her be, her mother walked away. I noticed Sarah was looking at me, I didn’t go over to her, but from where I was I did a quick sponge ball vanish. She never smiled, or even acknowledged what I had done, not the first time that has happen to me by the way, so I walked away to perform for a group of adults.

I was about to do my sponge ball routine, when I felt something tug on my jacket. I looked down and it was Sarah. I knelt down and asked if she wanted to see some magic. She shook her head. I looked into her sad eyes. I took out a little wand that I carry with me. I actually don’t know why I carry it, sometimes people expect you to have one, I don’t know. Anyway, I asked Sarah if she would like to help me, she didn’t shake her head, so I took that as a yes. I said, ok, you hold on to the magic wand. I stood back up to the adults and started the sponge ball routine, and every time the ball was to do something magically, Sarah would wave the wand for me.

She followed me around for the rest of the gig, one hand holding on to the wand the other to my jacket. Her mother followed us too, she seemed awe struck.

When it was time to leave, I knelt down to Sarah and told her she could keep the magic wand. She never smiled or said a word; she just walked back to her mother.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The February 2002 entrée: TC Tahoe » » Special moments? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL