The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Merry Christmas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Merry Christmas. May the blessings of the Lord be with you all on this day and in the days to come.
-Steve & Andrea
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Merry Christmas to you too, Steve.

Ron
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
A very happy Christmas to all of you and your families on this wonderful day!
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
Merry Christmas to all my Brothers and Sisters who love the Great News!

Keep the faith!
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Merry Christmas to all of you who come across this post.

While researching on the Internet last week I came across this illustration that I used this past Sunday in my message. Maybe you've never heard it before. You might be able to use it next Christmas.

Terry

The Luck of Roaring Camp

Did you ever read Bret Harte's story The Luck of Roaring Camp? Roaring Camp was, according to the story, the meanest, toughest mining town in the West inhabited entirely by men, and one woman who tried to serve them all named Cherokee Sal. One day Cherokee Sal dies as she gives birth to a baby boy.

The men take the baby and put him in a box with some old rags under him. But they decide that doesn't look right, so they send one man 80 miles to buy a rosewood cradle. He brings it back, they put the rags and the baby in the rosewood cradle, but it still doesn't look right. So they send another man to Sacramento who comes back with beautiful silk and lace blankets.

Now it looks fine--until someone notices the floor is so filthy. So these hardened, tough men get down on their hands and knees scrubbing that floor clean. That makes the walls and ceiling and the dirty windows without curtains look absolutely terrible. So they wash the walls and the ceiling, and put curtains at the windows.

After they finally get things looking better, their behavior starts to change. They give up a lot of their fighting, because babies can't sleep during a brawl.

The whole temperature of Roaring Camp seemed to go down. They take the baby out and set him by the entrance to the mine in her rosewood cradle so they can see him when they came up. When somebody notices what a dirty place it is, they plant flowers, and a very nice garden there. It looked quite beautiful. They would bring him shiny little stones and things they found in the mine. But as they put their hands down next to his, they realized their hands looked so dirty. And they decided they didn't want to scare him with their straggly beards and wild hair. Pretty soon the general store was all sold out of soap and shaving gear…

What changed Roaring Camp? A baby. That baby changed everything.

In a few days, we'll be celebrating the birth of a baby. Can the birth of Jesus change everything for you? You will never know the answer to that question unless you come to Him and ask Him to change your history, change your relationship with God, change your experience with God. This is His invitation to you this morning. Come to Him, believe in Him, and see for yourself how Jesus changes everything.
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
...even so come quickly Lord Jesus...
mrtricky
View Profile
New user
Denver, CO
60 Posts

Profile of mrtricky
Merry Christmas, all!
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
Westfield, North Carolina, USA
449 Posts

Profile of The Great Danton
Merry Christmas everyone! And a Happy new year.
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Merry Christmas (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL