The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Best Peek Wallet (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Actually, it doesn't matter to me that you can't PW or use a Swami gimmick with a Telethought case.

A wallet doesn't have to do everything to be good. And conversely, just because the Magnum has additional uses doesn't make the TeleThought a bad wallet.

I think it's great at what it does, and that's enough for me.

Cheers,
Jerry
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Jerry,

I am glad that you are happy with your telethought wallet. With all due respect, what you have described is basically the Caper Case. Unlike the telethought, the Magnum does look like a regular, ungaffed wallet which not only acts as a superb p..k wallet but you can also pw or use a sw..i which you cannot do with the TT. More importantly, the TT has 2 gimmicked sides making it look unnatural whereas the Magnum has one gimmicked side which looks like many regular wallets I have used here in New York. I do not want to take anything away from the TT or from your review, but I think the Magnum is superior and is the most natural looking of both wallets. I have purchased 2 Magnums and it is the best p..k wallet with the capability of pw and sw..i writing as well as the ability to do extra things as a result of the 3m tehnology. Regardless, I wish you the best of luck in using your TT.

Best regards,

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Hi Michael,

I guess you're right that the conformation of the TeleThought Wallet is like a Caper Case Unlimited, but it functions differently. You don't have to remove a card from the wallet to get the peek, or even touch the wallet again after the spectator's card is put away inside. This is really a major distinguishing factor.

I have no doubt that the Magnum is a terrific utility item and looks good. But maybe it should be compared with other multi-function wallets such as the Stealth Assassin.

I suppose the frustrating thing for both creators (Magnum, TeleThought) is to discover that they’ve used similar technology in new products.

Instead of comparing them, as if this were a competitive, either-or situation, buyers should consider that the two wallets are really intended to fulfill different roles.

I'm glad you’re enjoying your Magnum(s)!

Best wishes,
Jerry
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Jerry,

Thank you very much for your reply and for the clarification. I appreciate it. It just seems to me that the Telethought is the basic Outlaw P..k wallet with 2 gimmicked sides using the same "3m technology" as the Magnum wallet, which has one gimmicked side. You are correct taht each person should evaluate his/her own needs and which wallet/card case serves his/her own unique purpose. For me personally, I would rather have a regular looking bi-fold wallet that has the 3m technology, can hold credit cards, business cards and some money than a card case wallet that has 2 gimmicked sides that is more limited in function and, in my opinion, seems to look more suspicious. But that is why ice cream comes in different flavors.

Thank you again for your comments and your courtesy.

Best regards,

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
MSD921
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of MSD921
Weighing in here........

The Telethought and Magnum both seem like they fit the bill for many folks. For a basic, and innocent, peek, the Outlaw is very efficient. It is simple and holds a few things.

However, I would not consider any of the above mentioned as an everyday wallet. To me, the main function of a wallet is to carry a drivers license, cash and credit cards, in that order. None of the above really handle the cash issue. Folding, and unfolding, cash into 1/4 size packets is not practical and if you carry more than 3 or 4 bills, the little packet becomes a thick wad. Who wants to pull out a twice folded packet of bills for any/every purchase every day. Not practical at all.

For an everyday peek wallet, that holds cash better, the Stealth Assassin, IMO, is the best.

Mike
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
I still prefer outlaw magnum...

CC
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Mike,

With all due respect, the primary function of any of the previously mentioned p..k wallets (telethought, Magnum, SAW)is not to hold cash but to p..k at the desired information. Accordingly, I determine the usefulness of these particular wallets in regard to the ease and practicality of utilizing the p..k gimmick. In that regard, the Magnum (or for that matter the Outlaw or Panther) is the most practical p..k wallet. With the Magnum (as well as the Telethought, Outlaw or Panther) you do not need to open the wallet again as you are requried to do with the Stealth Assassin to retrieve the sought after information. Therefore, the Magnum (Outlaw or Panther) is more suitable strictly as a p..k wallet than SAW.

I normally use my credit card anyway more than cash. The Magnum holds my credit cards, drivers license, a couple of bills and my business cards. Of course the Magnum is not meant to replace a large, overly stuffed man's (or woman's) wallet. But if I do need to carry an extra wad of cash, I just use a money clip.

I do have the Stealth Assassin and it is a beautifully made wallet and I do recommend it. However, strictly as a p..k wallet taht is easy to sue without re-pening the wallet where I have the option of PW or swami writing while openly holding he wallet as well as using the 3 m technology, the Magnum wins hands down.

With regards to the Telethought, my criticism of it is that it jsut does not look like a normal, everyday card case or wallet whereas the Magnum (or Outlaw or Panther) does.

Best regards,

Michael
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Daniel Lander
View Profile
Loyal user
Gloucestershire, England
292 Posts

Profile of Daniel Lander
Quote:
On 2008-04-15 14:38, magicinsight wrote:
With the Magnum (as well as the Telethought, Outlaw or Panther) you do not need to open the wallet again as you are requried to do with the Stealth Assassin to retrieve the sought after information.

You do not need to re-open the Assassin to get a peek.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On 2008-04-15 14:51, Daniel Lander wrote:
Quote:
With the Magnum (as well as the Telethought, Outlaw or Panther) you do not need to open the wallet again as you are requried to do with the Stealth Assassin to retrieve the sought after information.

Unless you have X-ray vision, you must certainly do. The only limited exception to which ou may perhaps be alluding to is by utilizing the SUC feature of the Stealth Assassin. However, the SUC feature is not meant to be used as a p..k device but as a means to obtain or perhaps insert billets.

Michael
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Daniel Lander
View Profile
Loyal user
Gloucestershire, England
292 Posts

Profile of Daniel Lander
Quote:
On 2008-04-15 15:00, magicinsight wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-04-15 14:51, Daniel Lander wrote:
Quote:

Unless you have X-ray vision, you must certainly do. The only limited exception to which ou may perhaps be alluding to is by utilizing the SUC feature of the Stealth Assassin. However, the SUC feature is not meant to be used as a p..k device but as a means to obtain or perhaps insert billets.

Michael

This gain-saying is already very tiring.

Of course I was referring to the SUC peek, and believe it or not, it can be used as a peek, even if you choose not to. (I think Mark Strivings had a peek feature in mind with his SUC case... Smile )

Why are we arguing about this? It's ludicrous.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I am not arguing about this or anything else. Many people who are not familiar with the Stealth Assassin may be either confused or under the false assumption by your well intended statement that the Assassin does not need to be re-opened whereas it must be if utilizing the primary p..k gimmick of the SAW. While the SUC fetaure can be used for a p..k that is not its primary intended function. These posts should be meant to enlighten those who are unfamiliar with products or their functions and clarity of these posts serves everyone's interest. Your comment is certainly helpful in that it does accurately point out a function of the Assassin wallet that some may have overlooked but it just needed a bit of clarification.

My reply was certainly not intended to argue with you or anyone else; it was only meant for clarification.

Best regards,

Michael
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Daniel Lander
View Profile
Loyal user
Gloucestershire, England
292 Posts

Profile of Daniel Lander
But is stating that the Assassin must be reopened for a peek, and asserting it has no closed-wallet peek, clarifying and enlightening?

I would have to say no; for a start, it's not true. And with regards to the SUC feature - whether it's its primary function or not, and whether there's a list somewhere in a mentalist's safe, counting down the uses of the SUC feature, with loading and unloading billets at the top of the tree, it has a well-established closed-wallet peek use.

The Assassin has the SUC feature, ergo it has a closed-wallet peek. Q.E.D.

Perhaps resolutely stating that the Assassin has no such feature, confuses people more than my innocuous correction.

With respect, I shall leave this little matter aside now. I'm done.

Best wishes.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
By the way Daniel, have you ever had the card that is to be p..ked at fall out of the SUC gimmick of the Stealth Assassin. It does all the time since it was not meant to be used at a p..k device and that part of the wallet is not stiff enough or firm enough to hold the card to be p..ked at secured in its place. Anyway, as long as you are happy with the SAW as a p..k wallet, then that is fine but please provide complete and accurate information.

Best regards,

Michael
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Daniel Lander
View Profile
Loyal user
Gloucestershire, England
292 Posts

Profile of Daniel Lander
Quote:
On 2008-04-15 16:20, magicinsight wrote:
Anyway, as long as you are happy with the SAW as a p..k wallet, then that is fine but please provide complete and accurate information.

Best regards,

Michael

I was going to stop posting on this but, yes, your comment is so patronising, arrogant and laughable - seeing as it was you spouting inaccuracies.

In what way in talking about the SAW as having no closed peek, and having to re-open the wallet, complete and accurate information? You really are delusional, aren't you?

Let's have a poll among SAW owners and users, and see how many would say it has a closed-wallet peek. I rather feel you'll lose.

Congratulations. You've made me very angry indeed with your snidey little comment.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Michael:Thanks for your informative post's re: The Magnum.[Which I am about to order].

I own a SAW and love all it's properties.I also own an original Outlaw..although it disappeared recently...I probably will find it in some remote pocket someday.

I like the idea of the Magnum as my new everyday wallet,but the SAW for me is an Act in and of itself...if I wish it to be.To paraphrase the late Charlton Heston:"From my cold dead hands will they take my SAW".LOL

I personally like the idea of having more than one specialty wallet...especially when dealing with repeat guests.

Best.
Rich
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Rich,

I agree with you that SAW is a very versatile wallet with some terrific effects and that I, too, have more than one speciality wallet. But since this thread is entiteld, "The BEst Peek Wallet," strictly as a peek wallet I prefer the Magnum (or Outlaw or Panther) over the SAW since the p..k is straight forward and simple without re-opening the wallet. The use of the SUC gaff of the SAW is not reliable for that purpose although it has other functions. I think you will really like the Magnum especially if you already own the Outlaw. I normally do 2 routines with the Magnum. One involves a p...k with a drawing duplication and the other involves SW.

Best regards,

Michael
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Though I am eagerly anticipating my Magnum to arrive, I have to admit, I have used the SUC feature of my SAW (Whic is my everday wallet) more than I have used any of the other features in the wallet. I have NEVER had a problem with the peek, or with the item to be peeked falling out, so I don't know where those claims are come from. If you handle the wallet right, it is almost impossible for the item to fall out
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
SUC has some really good features... such as the load.... I would say OUTLAW style PEEK is superior in terms of % of vision, more stable NW and PW potential and so on... and although you can load it... the SUC I find is better for loading in billets and what not.... also, the SAW allows that cool Money Cabaret.... hence, the concept of "Best wallet" like usual is all in context and the effect you are trying to perform.

However, my vote for best Peek, PW and NW wallet would be an OUTLAW.... and I am looking forward to getting my Magnum as well to see what the new innovations are.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
957 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Hi first of all I am waiting for my stealth assassin ( 1.1) latest version from peter nardi. Without getting into the debate about being the best peek wallet.The SAW, after reading into lots of other threads on this forum and other forums is my choice,I am not saying that magnum outlaw panther 'etc'are less better I have a few friends who have these wallets and are more than happy with them I have handled and used them my self.But I have decided on the 'SAW'I am not really concerned about whether it;s the best peek or not,I seen peter nardi using it.I ALSO THINK IT IS GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY. When you consider that the stealth assassin 1.1 not only looks good and can be used as an every day wallet it comes with 2 DVD;S WITH EFFECTS THAT PETER HIM SELF USES.The wallet IT'S self and mentlism routines you can get a 20 minutes act from This. I ALSO CARRY MY OTHER WALLET ;MULLICA'for card to wallet,this as served me well for many years..

BEST REGARDS

GTX MAGIC
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
Previously, the BEST OF THE BEST peek wallet was Outlaw .. and ...

NOW IT'S MAGNUM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Best Peek Wallet (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL