The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » IKnow is coming ... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
871 Posts

Profile of gitty
I just saw the add here on the main page of the MagicCafe!

iKnow
Hear the music in someone’s mind!

The Effect:
A spectator is invited to listen to as many songs as they'd like from your favorite playlist (a folder that contains a compilation of 60-70 songs) on your iPod or MP3 player. They are all different. The spectator is asked to scroll through and randomly stop at any song in the playlist, while the iPod is out of site—behind their back or under the table. They are now encouraged to remove the headphones and sing the tune in their mind. You can be in another room as this happens. Now for the mind-blowing climax: You bring your ear close to theirs. You explain that you are listening for the beat and melody of the tune that is still reverberating off their eardrums, and vibrating in their head. To the absolute disbelief of the spectator, bit by bit you start to hum the tune they are thinking of, and then suddenly you name the selected song!

http://www.paltergeist.com/iKnow.php#
There is also a demo-video.

The price is $20.00 (with pre-order - free shipping worldwide!)

Sounds interesting!
WALTHER
Bosco J.
View Profile
Elite user
New York
462 Posts

Profile of Bosco J.
Sounds cool! Iknow, I know...sorry Smile.

Bosco
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
That is very fresh looking magic for a nice price. 2008 is starting with some awesomely..fresh magic
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
For an effect that sounds almost exactly the same and comes with a handful of other awesome effects, check out my very own I-Tear out of the December issue of Magic. It'll cost you about the quarter of the price.

Donny
do magic

www.8bom.net
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
I was gonna say that too donn.
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
Good looking out Alan.

Peace
do magic

www.8bom.net
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Quote:
On 2008-01-09 15:13, Donny Orbit wrote:
For an effect that sounds almost exactly the same and comes with a handful of other awesome effects, check out my very own I-Tear out of the December issue of Magic. It'll cost you about the quarter of the price.

Donny

Love that one, I was also going to bring it up!
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
shak
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of shak
Can the effect be repeated with a different song?
Eric Lott
View Profile
New user
Michigan
85 Posts

Profile of Eric Lott
Two things real quick about this effect:

1) Yes, it can be repeated with a different song.

2) Yes, it is similar to Donny's effect that was in Magic Magazine. I saw the effect in there and forgot about it until someone mentioned it to me the other day. The effects are similar in that they both use an iPod/MP3 player and that you reveal the thought of song.

The methods are completely different. I am not a mentalist and I don't play one on TV. My personal preference would be Jason's method over Donny's. Again, I'm not a mentalist and haven't studied mentalism, so I'm probably overthinking this. I've just never liked the idea of telling someone to write something down, just so you can rip it up, and then tell them what they wrote down. That's just me. I'm probably thinking too much like a magician and not enough like a spectator.

With Jason's method, you cut out the middle man. Not saying it's better or worse. Just saying that's my preference.
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
Eric,

I appreciate your thoughts on the matter. Since you have basically revealed the methodology behind my effect, allow me to elaborate.

Yes, my effect is just a presentational approach to a center tear. I have never been fond of the restrictions involved with a center tear, so I modeled a presentation that fit my needs as a performer that had justification in the course of the routine. Not having purchased Jason's routine, I was simply stating that it sounded similar to my effect in Magic and that you could purchase the issue for a quarter of the cost.

I wish Jason success with his effect and if it turns out buyers aren't pleased with it, they have an alternative to look into in MAGIC.

Thanks again for your comparison.

Donny
do magic

www.8bom.net
shak
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of shak
Another question. My ipod doesn't have folders on it. Can the effect be put on with all of the current songs on the ipod. Thanks.
Eric Lott
View Profile
New user
Michigan
85 Posts

Profile of Eric Lott
Quote:
On 2008-01-14 13:42, shak wrote:
Another question. My ipod doesn't have folders on it. Can the effect be put on with all of the current songs on the ipod. Thanks.

You will need to have a playlist set up on your iPod/MP3 player to perform iKnow.
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello all:

First, let me thank you all so much for your support and business. I'm so pleased because we had a TON of preorders on iKnow, and there was a lot of buzz about the trick!

Secondly, I just wanted to let everyone know that "iKnow" is now in stock! To those of you who preordered (thank you so much, by the way!), these will be shipping tomorrow (Monday) morning, so you should have them VERY soon.

The DVDs turned out great, and I think that you will be very happy with the trick! If anyone has any questions or would like ordering information, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you again for your time and your business.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited
(416) 410-5766
ASW
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of ASW
Quote:
On 2008-01-13 22:42, Donny Orbit wrote:
Eric,

I appreciate your thoughts on the matter. Since you have basically revealed the methodology behind my effect, allow me to elaborate.

Yes, my effect is just a presentational approach to a center tear. I have never been fond of the restrictions involved with a center tear, so I modeled a presentation that fit my needs as a performer that had justification in the course of the routine. Not having purchased Jason's routine, I was simply stating that it sounded similar to my effect in Magic and that you could purchase the issue for a quarter of the cost.

I wish Jason success with his effect and if it turns out buyers aren't pleased with it, they have an alternative to look into in MAGIC.

Thanks again for your comparison.

Donny

Classy.
Whenever I find myself gripping anything too tightly I just ask myself "How would Guy Hollingworth hold this?"

A magician on the Genii Forum

"I would respect VIPs if they respect history."

Hideo Kato
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
You have read my mind . . . I was about to write the same.
Cards never lie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » IKnow is coming ... (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL