The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » UltraGaff Deck from Ellusionist??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1256 Posts

Profile of Salby
Anyone know the release date yet... It is already April... Now which day??
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
OK.. Heres the full promo page for the ultragaff deck.

They have a full gallery as well so you can see what the cards look like.

April 15th is the release date.

http://www.ellusionist.com/category/prod......promo.do

Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
My favourites have to be:

The lottery cards
The angel matrix (why did they call them mermaids lol)
The slight colour change where the ink changes only under your finger. Very cool the way Daniel does it
The Battery cards and then you end with two batteries out of the deck
And finally the king that throws his sword at the Ace of heart
Yours,

Ivan
dragee
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of dragee
L also like the change in which the ink change under the fingers,but would it work if I am left hander?
magic-dabra
View Profile
Regular user
Knoxville, TN
153 Posts

Profile of magic-dabra
Quote:
On 2008-04-12 10:11, dragee wrote:
L also like the change in which the ink change under the fingers,but would it work if I am left hander?

It would if you turned the deck from 45-90 degrees clockwise.
rorythegreat
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of rorythegreat
Quote:
On 2008-04-12 07:14, niva wrote:
My favourites have to be:

The Battery cards and then you end with two batteries out of the deck
And finally the king that throws his sword at the Ace of heart

I agree, the battery cards look very cool. I'm looking forward to this deck. Many possibilities.
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
I'll third the vote for the battery cards.
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
Loopback
View Profile
Veteran user
Lincoln, Nebraska
359 Posts

Profile of Loopback
Anyone know how much the 3 dvd set costs? I mean the one they are talking about in the promo so you get the signed deck.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
They said each DVD will be $30. So, the whole set should be $90 for the 3 DVDs and the deck all-together, since you get a "free" deck when buying the trilogy.
Kevin Reylek
magic-dabra
View Profile
Regular user
Knoxville, TN
153 Posts

Profile of magic-dabra
Interesting update. They went on sale today. Within 15 minutes their system was so overloaded that it crashed. They are going to have to do a "new release" tomorrow at 1pm PST.

note: LOOPBACK- I don't think you get a "signed" deck with the 3 dvds. You just get a regular deck of the Ultragaffs and you are entered into a drawing for a chance to win one of several "signed" decks.
J.Buddy
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of J.Buddy
Very cool stuff here.
This pack combined with the previous deck really adds to a great aresenal of ideas and effects.. Way Cool
J.
Rediscovering the magician inside.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Just ordered mine.
palmtreemagic!
View Profile
Loyal user
Everywhere and wherever
261 Posts

Profile of palmtreemagic!
Some of the cards look so *** cool. I ordered a deck for myself. Can't wait to get them in hand
Unleashing the moment of astonishment, one impromptu situation at a time.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I really like the color changing cards, angle matrix, and the card stab. I am sure I will like other ones even more when the DVDs and deck arrive in 2-8 days
Damian Surr
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
213 Posts

Profile of Damian Surr
I'd like to see this deck. Looks like some great effects possible judging from the clip.
www.gingermagic.com

iPhone magic apps:
www.CardNowApp.com - iPhone Business Card Magic App
www.armindreader.com – Augmented Reality Magic App
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
After looking at the Ellusionist deck, I prefer to Simon Lovells Packet Killer. Im a big fan of Lovell and his manner of instruction. His deck tends to be more "how did he do that!?!!?" instead of the ellusionist one of "hahah hahah a battery door on a card" comedy.

Ellusionist makes a nice product, but I find the gaffs to be more comedy than baffling. Each deck has its use. I would think gaffed deck lovers would enjoy both decks in their arsenal - I know I will keep both.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
Ordered mine with overnight shipping (Why Not? It's free). That didn't happen. Maybe I'll get it today.
JustinVisible
View Profile
Elite user
South Jersey/Philadelphia Areas
453 Posts

Profile of JustinVisible
I ordered mine on Wednesday at release time and even called to make sure that my order went thru. My bill had $17 on it for next day air/next day super saver. Now it is Friday and it is not here yet. In my "day job", we send stuff overnight via UPS all the time AND as long as we send it out by 630PM (EST) the borrower receives the package before NOON the next day. Not too sure what to think.

Cheers,

Justin
"If they laugh, it's funny..."
J.Buddy
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of J.Buddy
Just about to order mine.
I'm not too sure about the DVDs though.
Seems like a pretty good deal, but I think this is
one of those situations where a question comes to
mind, of why 3 dvds for one deck.? One dvd could cover it.
J.
Rediscovering the magician inside.
JustinVisible
View Profile
Elite user
South Jersey/Philadelphia Areas
453 Posts

Profile of JustinVisible
Ok so here is a review. I will do my best to remember "everything" from yesterday and going thru the DVDs and cards. Let's start with the cards...

The cards, I feel, are worth every penny. Daniel and Wayne have really thought out some great things with some of these cards. Some stuff is just way better than the others BUT almost all of it is gonna be different from what you already own. My top 6 gaffs thus far, just off of watching and handling them briefly would be (in no particular order)

- Lottery Card
- Battery Cards
- King/Queen Grouping Cards
- 8C Revelation Cards
- "Card Stab" Card
- Card Stack for disappearing "thought" of card

The other cards are good too just these would be my favorites right now. The quality and finish of the cards is top notch. The design of the cards will work with multiple sleights so you are not limited to flipping the card one way or showing it another. You have a lot of possibilities here (5/5). As for the DVDs...

I feel as a consumer that all 3 DVDs could have been compiled onto 1 DVD maybe 2 DVDs in a one case, 2 disc type of set. I was also disappointed that there was not more "live performances" for people not in the know. I mean if these cards were "real world tested" for quite some time, to make sure they were the optimum gaffed cards, don't you think there should be some of that footage?? Even other magicians reacting to the gaffs would have been nice. Nothing wrong with the banter between Daniel and Wayne but it was like every other segment had some inside joke that took away from the presentation. A lot of extra info could have shortened the DVD and made it more cost worthy to the consumer. Why not some more footage like on the "Guerilla Loops" DVDs of lay people who work at Ellusionist to get some more peopel reactions.... (3/5)

The overall teaching of the routines and sleights and thought process behind the card developments definitely makes up for the issue above. Daniel and Wayne are at the peak of their game in explaining the stuff. They go into full detail and cover all of the different nuances that may occur or you may think of doing. They have 2 different styles of performing and 2 styles of acheiving the desired effect. So you have 2 ways for a majority of the effects to happen. The DVD is setup so you see Daniel, Wayne, or for the most part Both performing the routine. The next segment is the actual gaffed cards used and the thoght process and psychology and such behind them and the setup. The third segment is the actual working behind the routine. A nice and easy way to navigate thru the DVDs if you want to see somethign specific. And again, no 45-60sec "Here is the card". Full, in depth detail and workings. Daniel and Wayne behind a bar 2 on 1 explaining. (4/5)

The overall DVD quality is great. Very simple and friendly menus (although that darn theme music is really starting to get to me - anyone else Smile )and creat camera shots and the appropriate angles when needed. You can defintely tell that they made sure that they put the time in necessary to get a great, overall produced product.

All in all, I would give this "Bundle" 4 stars out of 5. The cost and "bundling" would be the determining factor for a better rating. The deck is a definite 5 out of 5. A big thank you to Daniel and Wayne for releasing this stuff to the magic community. Definitely pick up the deck. As it stands right now, the bundle is a decent buy b/c it is only $90 for 3 DVDs and a full Gaffed Deck. So as someone mentioned in this thread earlier, it is like $30 for the deck, and $20 a DVD. I am not regreting my recent purchase (except for that theme music..... )

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Justin
"If they laugh, it's funny..."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » UltraGaff Deck from Ellusionist??? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL