The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Issey Maya's Ultimate Card in Bottle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

evikshin
View Profile
Special user
892 Posts

Profile of evikshin
http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog//pro......ts_id/79

There is a demo-video accompanying this product. What do you guys think? Its not too difficult, however, it comes with 30 gimmicks which means it can probably only be done 30 times.

I love the performance on the video by the way.
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
Looks very interesting, hope someone gets it and reviews it soon!
Adam
BlackDove
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of BlackDove
O yeah, I love this!
This company dealed at a convention I went to, and I saw them perform for this.
It's awesome! Still fools me!

Calvin Lauber
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Pretty cool looking! Definitely will be keeping an eye out for some reviews on this
Kevin Reylek
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
892 Posts

Profile of evikshin
Well,

I may be the first (fool?) here to buy it! If I do I will post a full review. It looks like it kills, especially when you can give the bottle away with the card as a souvenir!

Refilling the gimmicks (we only get 30) may be a problem though, so pick the right times to do it I guess.

Best

Evikshin
T.G Kenny
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaysia
243 Posts

Profile of T.G Kenny
What if we used up the 30 gimmicks that comes with it ? Do we have to buy again just for the 30 gimmicks ? Oh no .. I am really interested in this ! Smile
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
892 Posts

Profile of evikshin
Quote:
On 2008-01-25 13:47, T.G Kenny wrote:
What if we used up the 30 gimmicks that comes with it ? Do we have to buy again just for the 30 gimmicks ? Oh no .. I am really interested in this ! Smile

Hmm...I'm not sure. That would suck if we had to do that. I'm hoping to email the creator soon and ask him about that.

Regarding this trick...how does it feel to have cute Asian girls fawning over you =)?
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
I don't think it looks very good at all. Why would the bottle have tape wrapped around it? Why would you want to try to make the card stick to the bottle? It just sounds completely illogical.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
While I have no idea how this is done, with some tricks, I put out the obvious explanation to create doubt. What if you said, "some people think I slip it throught the plastic. So to remove any doubt in your mind, I've wrapped tape around it securing it."
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
892 Posts

Profile of evikshin
Quote:
On 2008-01-25 19:28, THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) wrote:
I don't think it looks very good at all. Why would the bottle have tape wrapped around it? Why would you want to try to make the card stick to the bottle? It just sounds completely illogical.

I actually don't find the premise to be illogical, to be honest. After all, with tape wrapped around the make-shift "baseball bat," the magi is offering to locate the chosen card in a deck that has been thoroughly shuffled by the spec. This, to a layperson, should be impressive. Notice that when he offered to make the card stick to the bottle, the crowd laughed and cheered. They thought it would be cool if he could actually pull it off, especially if the spectator gets to throw the cards (I agree, the premise would not be as good if the magician threw the cards).

This trick almost comes across as Darwin Ortiz's conception of a trick that starts off as an entertaining sleight of hand card stunt, but escalates into pure magical impossibility, only in this case, the magician initially fails in accomplishing the stunt (making the card stick to the bottle). So there's also an element of the old "Magician in Trouble" ruse.

I also like how the spectator was able to hold and inspect the bottle before he put tape around it.

I think I'm going to give this a try. The only think holding me back is the 30 gimmicks thing (free refills?)

Best,

Evikshin
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
I hope this isn't the same as my lucid card in bottle which apears in Lucid dreams.

Anyone got both and can inform me?
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
892 Posts

Profile of evikshin
Quote:
On 2008-01-27 12:47, The Mac wrote:
I hope this isn't the same as my lucid card in bottle which apears in Lucid dreams.

Anyone got both and can inform me?

I think the presentation sets it apart--throwing the cards at the bottle, with the card in the bottle being a twist ending. I've never seen yours, though, I've only heard descriptions, but it sounds like it would be different, though I'm not totally sure.
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Mine is the same - the spectator throws the deck at th bottle. but from the video the method seems to be different. We'll have to see.
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
Quote:
On 2008-01-25 19:28, THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) wrote:

I agree 100%. What also turned me off is the add stating: "As performed by Cyril Takayama" What a load of BS...Cyril's 'gimmick' cost at least $5000.00. How dare to sell this with his name.
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

If your talking about Cyril's card in wine bottle, you can buy that on DVD.
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
892 Posts

Profile of evikshin
Quote:
On 2008-02-02 23:51, THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) wrote:

Which DVD? I may look into this.

Regards,

Evikshin
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-02-02 23:51, THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) wrote:

Really?!...I think you are mistaken bro. I did that at at a greek festival last year (not Cyrils routine but similar or same method) My gaff cost me over 1000 dollars and was sponsored by an Ouzo vendor. I did an ACR with clients and at the end put their signed card into a plastic sealed (heat shrink) and corked ouzo bottle. And yes it is 'their' original signed card that ends up in the bottle.

Just the layout, design and prep work took me over 3 month to do. Judging Cyril's well made gaff cost him easily around 5 grand. This is not your regular high school 'I put a card into your water bottle' type effect. This is an illusion which you can't just pull off by yourself.

Can't wait to talk to Cyril about it because when I watched myself I did the same awkward moves as he did... Smile
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Wow, I've never heard of that gimmick before.
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Yeah bro. I am telling you. This is a whole different ballgame. When you watch some of Cyrils or Angels street magic you think it is very simple and doesn't cost much...Well some don't but others cost a loooot of bread to design and manufacture. Just that card through fishtank cost about 25,000.00 dollars. I know as a fact that his head-drop illusion was custom made and cost 15,000.00 dollars.
The Japanese also spend way more on a succesful show than most of the similar US tv programs.
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Issey Maya's Ultimate Card in Bottle (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL