The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Hydrostatic Glass (27 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Who makes the best hydrostatic glass? I know that Bazar de Magia makes one that looks pretty good. I seem to remember a nice one that was released fairly recently.....like in last couple of years or so. I don't remember who made it, or if it is the best, but I believe it was more expensive than most of the hydrostatic glass effects that I know about.

Thanks for your help!

Regan
Mister Mystery
Ronin
View Profile
Loyal user
Martinez,CA
216 Posts

Profile of Ronin
Lots on this on the Café, just search "hydrostatic glass". You might want to check these threads:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=8

On making a homemade glass:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=26

I personally make my own, but the Superior Hydrostatic Glass looks awfully good to me. It was recently reviewed in M-U-M.
David Hirata
www.thingsimpossible.com

"Life is a combination of magic and pasta."
--Federico Fellini
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Regan:

Yes, the Superior Model does look very good:

http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=4691

Ron
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks guys. I think the Superior was the good quality model I was thinking about. I wonder if it works as good as it looks?
Mister Mystery
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Yes.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks Richard.
Mister Mystery
NotYourAverageJOE
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of NotYourAverageJOE
I use the superior hydrostatic glass and love it. It works great and looks great.
NOT YOUR AVERAGE MAGIC
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I vote for getting another Bezar de Magia Hydrostatic Glass, after making my own real glass glasses for years, with the supply of fluted glasses from the 1960's, I purchased the aforementioned as my best choice for this trick.

Why? Over the years I have had several accidents with the glasses, I like real glass for the weight, but after my last client 'blew a gasket' when the glass slid off my table, crashing to the concrete floor. I decided plastic would be a better choice.

I have used P&L and Abbott's with fair results, but the Bazar de Magia plastic glass version is the best in my opinion. It is not fluted, clear as ever so the water can be seen easily and nothing is being hidden. The gimmick fits perfectly, for secure action of no premature release of the water.

My only desire is, I would like to see a 32 ounce glass made available to the magic market place, and I am sure Bazar de Magia would be the company to do it hopefully one day.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Bill, I like the Bazar de Magia Hydrostatic Glass too. I bought several types and ending up selling all but the Bazar de Magia model.
Mister Mystery
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Alan Shaxon's ROUINE is the best I've seen.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Lester
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland. U.K
193 Posts

Profile of Lester
I second that, Pete.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Smile
Mister Mystery
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
http://youtu.be/j-9sawo_lbw

New Hydro-Static Glass for sale:

http://www.popsmagic.com
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
I received my Hydro-Static Glass this week and can whole heartedly endorse this product. It's very well made, and should last a long long long time. (I bought two.) The best part is that it made from polycarbonate, which is very strong, would be very very hard to break, but best of all does not scratch easy. You can hold the glass at an angle towards the audience so they see a clear flat surface on the bottom. The water is released at that angle which creates a great image. I have already performed with it at one gig to a fantastic reaction.

Pop's routine with his magnetized water is great, check that out too. the link is on his post above this one ^

And now on to routine development...
Belief Manifests Reality.
Nebula CT: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8517
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On 2013-09-07 00:02, StuartPalm wrote:
I received my Hydro-Static Glass this week and can whole heartedly endorse this product. It's very well made, and should last a long long long time. (I bought two.) The best part is that it made from polycarbonate, which is very strong, would be very very hard to break, but best of all does not scratch easy. You can hold the glass at an angle towards the audience so they see a clear flat surface on the bottom. The water is released at that angle which creates a great image. I have already performed with it at one gig to a fantastic reaction.

Pop's routine with his magnetized water is great, check that out too. the link is on his post above this one ^

And now on to routine development...

I assume that you purchased Pop's glass, but I'm sure Pop would appreciate it if you actually mentioned it by name, and it would also clarify it for everyone.
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
Your correct videoman, I am referring to Pop's glass, "Pop Haydn's Hydro-Static Glass"

available at: http://www.whithaydnmagic.com/
Belief Manifests Reality.
Nebula CT: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8517
TheTrickman
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of TheTrickman
Hi Folks,

I am currently working on a routine and am on the look out for a hydo-static shot glass (without the side hole). I have had a good trawl online and can only find a very cheap plastic one I got for £1 and as one can imragine it is pretty dreadful. Does any one know if something like this is manufactured or am I best looking in to how to make my own gimmick?

I was thinking as it is only a shot glass that a cut sheet of acetate plastic would hold the water in place? My experience of this effect is sadly to date nil
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2013-09-22 16:11, TheTrickman wrote:
Hi Folks,

I am currently working on a routine and am on the look out for a hydo-static shot glass (without the side hole). I have had a good trawl online and can only find a very cheap plastic one I got for £1 and as one can imragine it is pretty dreadful. Does any one know if something like this is manufactured or am I best looking in to how to make my own gimmick?

I was thinking as it is only a shot glass that a cut sheet of acetate plastic would hold the water in place? My experience of this effect is sadly to date nil

See Tommy Wonder's Books for a solution. For a shot glass you don't need anything specially made as it is tiny compared to a large glass. The simplest solution is to just take some product carton and a hole cutter from a hobby/craft store and cut one yourself.
TheTrickman
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of TheTrickman
Excellent. I thought as much. Thanks Bill!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
TRICKMAN111 This forum is open to anyone. Please don't go into detail with methods!!!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Hydrostatic Glass (27 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL