The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Whats your favorite Christian effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

VisualRiddles
View Profile
New user
Clarion, Pennsylvania
41 Posts

Profile of VisualRiddles
Just wanted to know what everybody's favorite Christian effect is.
David McCall
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of David McCall
Quote:
On 2008-02-12 22:52, VisualRiddles wrote:
Just wanted to know what everybody's favorite Christian effect is.

I would say the one with the iodine in water, and the cross goes into the water; and the water becomes clear again, essentially the concept of Christ's death as being a way to cleanse us of our sins (sins being of course represented by the poison of iodine) - although I have yet to perform it in an actual show. So far, none of the churches are hiring magicians often in my area.

But I just like it. I'm not keen on the "storebought patter" but if someone can come up with something that comes from the heart and sounds real, then it's a beautiful effect.
leftytheclown
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
255 Posts

Profile of leftytheclown
Torn & Restored Newspaper: God can heal our sin.
Lefty (aka) Sterling Dare
Author: Money Menagerie
Book and DVD
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
The People That We Meet.

So many applications

I also like Clippo, same as above.
motivationalmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
179 Posts

Profile of motivationalmagic
I use the strait jacket and talk about how we are born into bondage, and can be set free.
Motivational Magic
"The Magician on a Mission to Motivate"
www.MotivationalMagic.com
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Barry Mitchell's "Mother of All Diamonds" effect where coal turns to diamonds. I love this effect and use it to illustrate how God values each and every one of us. We're all diamonds in the rough but God sees the before and after, the beginning and the end. I utilize Romans 5:8 "But God demonstrates His love towards us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us."

My favorite close-up effect, at the moment, is a card effect using Neil Tobins "X-Pert" and is a gospel version of the Vampire Hunter routine from the effects booklet.

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Quote:
On 2008-02-17 19:25, GlenD wrote:
Barry Mitchell's "Mother of All Diamonds" effect where coal turns to diamonds. I love this effect and use it to illustrate how God values each and every one of us. We're all diamonds in the rough but God sees the before and after, the beginning and the end. I utilize Romans 5:8 "But God demonstrates His love towards us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us."

GlenD

Boy Glen, you are right about Barry Mitchell's trick. It is a great routine that can be used in secular shows also.

I hope you are doing well, also.

David
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Chance Wolf's Shattered is my favorite.

Great patter about reflecting God's love in the world, etc.

Barry Mitchell's Chain of Sin is my second.

RevJohn
astoundingbruce
View Profile
Regular user
Burlington, WI (USA)
127 Posts

Profile of astoundingbruce
Steve Taylor's "Treasure in Heaven."
“There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Thanks David. It sure does have secular applications as well as Gospel presentation possibilities.

And thanks for asking... I am getting better. My arm does not hurt as bad as it was and movement is improving greatly. Thank the Lord!
I sincerely hope all is well with you also.

GlenD

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
mrmagic9112
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of mrmagic9112
I use the magic coloring book and describe how people are a lot like a coloring book. They look great on the outside but on the inside they are all different. Some do not know Jesus (blank pages)Some know the stories about Jesus (Line drawings) and some know Jesus as their savior and have experienced the joy and color He brings to their life. (colored Pages) I use this in almost every show and it really ilustrates the gospel message well.

Mike
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Hey Rev John! I have and really enjoy the Shattered effect as well. I came up with a complete gospel version of my own also. The only thing is the amount of pocket space necessary to do the whole routine. I have a certain black coat that I prefer to wear when I perform it but sometimes it is just too hot to wear. Do you have a particular item of clothing that you wear when you perform it?
I also have the Jumbo Shattered but have never performed it yet as I havent gotten comfortable enough with the handling of it. One of these days though... I do think it would be nice to do on stage during a gospel performance or in a secular environment.
Glad to know someone else has such a liking for this effect.

GlenD

Hearttau
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey: Exit 15 E
423 Posts

Profile of Hearttau
My favorite effect to do close up is Gordon Bean’s World’s Wildest Joker with a Gospel theme. Instead of the original patter about dreaming in color or black and white, I talk about sharing the joy that we have in Christ with others. In secular situations, I still talk about the importance of being joyful in general terms, being in the world not of the world and how we can let the world rob us of our joy and the importance of sharing our joy. This sometimes leads to spiritual conversation.

Most recently, I acquired Dean Dills Nana’s Necklace with a salvation theme in mind. The two ropes represent the old and the new covenants. The three beads Christ and the two thieves. When placing the beads in the spectator’s hand and tying the ropes I talk about uniting our suffering and sin with Christ’s Passion. I then point out that when we do this we are united with Him since He united Himself with us, though sinless Himself, by taking the just punishment for our sins becoming our salvation. I ask the spectator if he/she believes this. If they say yes, I pull the ropes saying: “ Then like the beads in your hand you are set free! “ If they ever answer no I would then say: “ If you did, do you know what would happen?” (pulling ropes) “ Then like the beads in your hand, you would be indeed set free.”

Dave
Lentidigitator: “A magic artist who performs slow motion magic”... Rene Lavand

"Peace and all good"... St. Francis

"Hold on to your joy!"... Me Smile

http://mysite.verizon.net/hearttau/
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Andre coles 3 ball illusion hands down, unfortunately I do not co it but I love the routine
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Andre coles 3 ball illusion hands down, unfortunately I do not co it but I love the routine
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Falling on our knee's in prayer!
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Risen by Michael Paul...

Justin N. Miller
Ethan the emazing
View Profile
Elite user
anywhere but here USA
454 Posts

Profile of Ethan the emazing
Any effect that shares the gospel. But my favourite to perform is my version of the "upside down card trick." Our lives can look great/regular on the outside. But sometimes inside we're upside down, and messed up.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Another close-up effect I like to use is Transmental Gemsation from Viking. Where you have 5 rods with 5 pretty looking colored gems at one end (Diamond, Ruby, Sapphire, Topaz, & Emerald). As far as a gospel presentation goes, I use it as sort of a random wordless book presentation but with a question for the spectator after each selection. If anyone is interested in more, let me know.

GlenD

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Whats your favorite Christian effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL