The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Lock that topic! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
FriarShaun
View Profile
New user
New Mexico
81 Posts

Profile of FriarShaun
Is it just me or does anyone find it odd that the forum with the most locked topics is the Christian "good news" forum? The devil comes in for easy pickings while the Christians debate theology. God bless you brothers, whether you are pentecostal, fundamentalist, liturgical, old school, or cutting edge.

Remember the Aspostles Creed, we believe in one Holy Catholic Church. (For those of you not versed in Latin "Catholic" means universal). There is one Church, the members of Christ's body and they are spread throughout congregations all over the planet.

We were created warriors for an epic battle, but it is not to fight amongst ourselves. The battle is to expose the lies of the enemy with the truth of the gospel. Fight on brothers, for there are masses of the lost perishing about us, and only Christ can save them.
Kerry Kistler
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, MO
234 Posts

Profile of Kerry Kistler
Friar Shaun,

While all that may be true, it has nothing to do with magic. Does this forum have more locked topics than any other? That could be tough to prove. All it really shows is that we take the Café rules seriously over here.

When it comes to political and theological debate, the Café is not the place. There is ample space for that all over the web. I probably should lock this post but let's see where it goes first.

Cheers,
Kerry
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2008-02-22 01:24, FriarShaun wrote:

The devil comes in for easy pickings while the Christians debate theology.

Who you callin' the Devil? Smile
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
paulmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaysia, now In New Zealand
290 Posts

Profile of paulmagic
From what I understand (correct me if I am wrong), the Magic Café's Good News section is not exclusive to those who profess to be Christians. It's for all magicians to discuss "Gospel Magic". It's primarily about the magic art form and not the Gospel.

When threads get "ugly" or controversial etc, I just ignore them and / or wait for the moderators to step in. Or I just take time off and disappear for a time. Makes my life simpler. Smile
Many Blessings!!

Paul
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
We also must respect the Christian faith while we're here as well. It's not a place to debate theology, which can be hard sometimes because of the many different beliefs Christians have. Also, if I may be bold to say, Gospel magic is about the Gospel.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello:

I'd bet the "Food for Thought" category has the most locked topics...by far.

Ron
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Quote:
On 2008-02-22 18:36, Ron Reid wrote:
Hello:

I'd bet the "Food for Thought" category has the most locked topics...by far.

Ron

.....and wolves in sheep's clothing.
FriarShaun
View Profile
New user
New Mexico
81 Posts

Profile of FriarShaun
OK I think I understand now Thanks. By the way do you think the Pope is republican or democrat?
FriarShaun
View Profile
New user
New Mexico
81 Posts

Profile of FriarShaun
Payne you can't be the devil, because the devil is not from Seattle. Although I have a lot of friends that think Bill Gates is the devil.
Hearttau
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey: Exit 15 E
423 Posts

Profile of Hearttau
The Pope is definitely an independent. Smile
Lentidigitator: “A magic artist who performs slow motion magic”... Rene Lavand

"Peace and all good"... St. Francis

"Hold on to your joy!"... Me Smile

http://mysite.verizon.net/hearttau/
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Here's how Steve Brooks defines The Good News Forum in his own words. You can find this as the first Sticky Topic under The Good News:

This forum is provided as an area for gospel magicians to discuss topics pertaining to the art of gospel magic - - Not for folks to bash gospel magic, or the religious beliefs of the people who do perform gospel magic.

If gospel magic is not your thing, the Café provides plenty of other categories to choose from, thank you.

Postings that are contrary to the above guidelines will be removed with no notice or reason given.
ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
Quote:
On 2008-02-23 13:08, Joe Marotta wrote:
Here's how Steve Brooks defines The Good News Forum in his own words. You can find this as the first Sticky Topic under The Good News:

This forum is provided as an area for gospel magicians to discuss topics pertaining to the art of gospel magic - - Not for folks to bash gospel magic, or the religious beliefs of the people who do perform gospel magic.

If gospel magic is not your thing, the Café provides plenty of other categories to choose from, thank you.

Postings that are contrary to the above guidelines will be removed with no notice or reason given.

Bashing! Should we bash the person or the idea? I believe Christ came to destroy the idea instead of the person. Why are United States Military forces in Iraq? Are they there to destroy Iraqis or are they there to eliminate radical Islam?

Don't bash the person, bash the idea.
"You may think that i only talk of things from the past, you know, history, well magic is history"

-Guy Jarrett

"Curiosity isn't a sin Harry, but it should be exorcised with great caution."

-Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
http://www.jordanallen-mentalist.webs.com/
ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
Quote:
On 2008-02-22 01:24, FriarShaun wrote:
Is it just me or does anyone find it odd that the forum with the most locked topics is the Christian "good news" forum? The devil comes in for easy pickings while the Christians debate theology. God bless you brothers, whether you are pentecostal, fundamentalist, liturgical, old school, or cutting edge.

Remember the Aspostles Creed, we believe in one Holy Catholic Church. (For those of you not versed in Latin "Catholic" means universal). There is one Church, the members of Christ's body and they are spread throughout congregations all over the planet.

We were created warriors for an epic battle, but it is not to fight amongst ourselves. The battle is to expose the lies of the enemy with the truth of the gospel. Fight on brothers, for there are masses of the lost perishing about us, and only Christ can save them.

So where are you coming at? I understand that you are protesting about the threads that get locked because someone sermoned in them. This is a universal forum, people of all walks of life use this forums. These forums are not a place to discuss theology out of due respect of others. I believe the internet is a great place for ministry, but I use the private message system here for that.
"You may think that i only talk of things from the past, you know, history, well magic is history"

-Guy Jarrett

ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
Quote:
On 2008-02-23 10:42, FriarShaun wrote:
OK I think I understand now Thanks. By the way do you think the Pope is republican or democrat?

Why does it matter? I believe he would be Independant

-Guy Jarrett

FriarShaun
View Profile
New user
New Mexico
81 Posts

Profile of FriarShaun
Dude it was a joke.
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Catholic is greek, not latin.
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
I have a theory, but my post would be deleted.
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Quote:
On 2008-02-25 00:07, JohnWells wrote:
Catholic is greek, not latin.

It's ALL Greek to me! (lol)
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
FriarShaun
View Profile
New user
New Mexico
81 Posts

Profile of FriarShaun
Good catch, but in my defense it was transliterated into Latin and into English. So in a way I'm right (whew, that was close!)
revlovejoy
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania
765 Posts

Profile of revlovejoy
Quote:
On 2008-02-24 20:27, ibm_usa wrote:

Bashing! Should we bash the person or the idea? I believe Christ came to destroy the idea instead of the person. Why are United States Military forces in Iraq? Are they there to destroy Iraqis or are they there to eliminate radical Islam?

Don't bash the person, bash the idea.

This is why topics get locked, because I can't just let that go in polite conversation without asking this about the idea proposed: are you really seriously proposing that those are the possible reasons the US military is in Iraq? If so, I'm sorry your only source of news is talk radio and WorldNetDaily. I get what you meant by the example of ideas vs persons, but I find it a poor choice to cite. Even so, ideas are held and acted on by persons, so it's a bit hard to fight ideas militarily without involving persons.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Lock that topic! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL