The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Luna Reviews! (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..10~11~12 [Next]
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
LUNA

It arrived, here in the UK, today.

Beautifully made and aged. This is a fantastic piece of work. The spectators say nothing, yet you are able to tell them about the person they are thinking about. The theatrical potential of this effect is huge. I look forward to taking my time with Luna, so that my presentation gives Luna the respect it deserves. Many thanks to Rick and Dr Todd for a masterpiece in mentalism.

Derek
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Quote:
On 2008-03-10 23:31, Silvertongue wrote:

I've only had Luna a few hours now, it came with a strange buisness card confiscated from one of the residents of Colney Hatch Mental Hospital, it reads Sanctum and is encrypted with strange symbols and occult designs - but alas I digress -

Silvertongue--Brilliant! Hats off!
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
I now own all Outlaw booktests, each one is amazing in its own right but Luna has some specific meaning to me personally. I have had dealings with a schizophrenic and sometimes have felt that i, myself have been going insane.

The book is what we have come to expect from Outlaw. Aged to perfection, ripe with presentational possibilities and truely unique in every aspect of its being.

The effect itself delves into the darker recesses of the mind. Movies like Gothika come to mind when I think on how I will play this effect out. Being locked up and medicated even though your not mad. Telling their story, finally someone will listen and what strange and bizarre stories we can weave with this perfectly ordinary looking mental patient registry.

Again, as with all Outlaw effects, the backstory and story for the effect are outstanding. Full of visualization and empathy which are two very powerful minds to evoke.

The effect is now completely self contained and seems like pure thought transference. Even though it is complete there has been given space to personalize your Luna, at the bottom of each left hand page and at the back of the book, which again has some very powerful uses for the storytelling aspect.

The book can also be used to lead into or out of an assortment of different effects with a madness theme. Sanctum 2/3, Electric Touch, razorblade effects, haunted key, swarm of bugs from mouth and the straightjacket escape all came instantly to mind.

All in all I love the theme, the effect and the book. I will enjoy reseaching this and adding to it over the years.

Thanks again everyone involved. I am proud to be an Outlaw...
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1435 Posts

Profile of MDantes
Hot **** man!

Reading all these reviews and I can't stand it no more...

My smoking is picking up again...

tick tock tick tock...

there coming to take me away ha ha their coming to take me away ho ho he he ha ha the funny farm...
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
Don’t forget to get over to the Outlaw forums we have some awesome ideas going on there with this book.
This thing is so powerful we need all owners to be a part of this. See you there.
No one said it would be easy, or did they?

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thecenterstage

http://www.collinscomedymagic.com
Vincent.Lynch
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Vincent.Lynch
Ok, Luna got here in very good time.

Luna is appears to me to be a accurate patient registry for ‘Colney Hatch’ mental hospital a real Mental health institute that existed since it was built in 1851. It was originally the largest mental asylum in Europe. Obviously the stories about an individual who was believed to be jack the ripper was held there in addition as two of Alister Crowley’s wives which makes great patter.

The effect requires no information to be known to you about where the participant has opened the book to, they do not tell you what page number or room number they have decided to visit. With the subtleties in the back of the manual it describes how to encourage the participant to really have an experience almost as much to believe they are making an actual emotional connection with the room occupant. The information you can reveal about the patient is when they were admitted, their symptoms, what their name sounds like, (obviously their gender) and how old they are. Also you can reveal their treatment and how they interact with other room occupants.

The most important thing that strikes me and it really is the most important is the idea that this book seems genuine. It is entirely believable to be a mental hospital directory, I do some work around mental health and it’s easily mistaken for the real thing. The effect has no visible compromises there is nothing to see but a mental unit registry and a great mind/psychic reading feat.

Thank you to Rich, Todd, and to the college girl for making it so genuine.
Daniel Lander
View Profile
Loyal user
Gloucestershire, England
292 Posts

Profile of Daniel Lander
Grrrrr....still waiting for mine.....Smile
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2008-03-12 14:09, Daniel Lander wrote:
Grrrrr....still waiting for mine.....Smile

Nice. Smile

Guys these are hand aged and we are getting as many done, as fast as possible. It's a custom prop and not manufactured in China on an assembly line Smile

You guys are being patient, relax, take a xanax (only one!) and your book will arrive soon if it hasn't already.

Rick
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
DerZauberer
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
468 Posts

Profile of DerZauberer
Okay - y'all raved about this enough for me to purchase one now. I am doing my civic duty and doing my Jury Service and I was able to find the courthouse WiFi and order it from here.

I am looking forward to performing this effect.
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Luna arrived today...Looks great! Well worth the wait. This is a book test that will capture the imagination of the spectators. Not just...another book. They will remember this one.

Andre
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
939 Posts

Profile of andykean
Still not arrived in New Zealand maybe the postman has gone mad!!!
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
I've oprdered one via my freind Steve Hoskins( saving postage with a bunch of other items), can wait to recieve it ,already trying to work on presentations based on this thread alone.C'mon postie ,pull ya finger out....
LOL
Mark
E.O.I
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Mine hasn't arrived either as yet....

(Sharpens Battle-Axe of the Titans)....
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Gerry Hennessey
View Profile
Special user
852 Posts

Profile of Gerry Hennessey
To All,

Today I got an email from Roth to know if I had received it? NEVER and I mean NEVER, have I received an email from a supplier to know if I had received what I ordered.

Rick, you truly are a one of a kind manufacturer.

Bravo my friend!

Hennessey
"Every discipline effects every other discipline. You can't straighten out the corporation if your closet is a mess" Jim Rohn
AltonThrash
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, MS
589 Posts

Profile of AltonThrash
Quote:
On 2008-03-13 23:53, Gerry Hennessey wrote:
To All,

Today I got an email from Roth to know if I had received it? NEVER and I mean NEVER, have I received an email from a supplier to know if I had received what I ordered.

Rick, you truly are a one of a kind manufacturer.

Bravo my friend!

Hennessey

Lebanon Circle is the same way. Dan and Roth are the best and it is truly appreciated by us...or me anyway.

AT
JonWhite
View Profile
Loyal user
London
284 Posts

Profile of JonWhite
You're certainly not alone in this Alton.

A couple of days ago I got an unexpected PM on here from Rick to check my order name and let me know my Luna's shipping this week. Great stuff!

(and yeah, massive thumbs up for Dan's service and products too)
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1911 Posts

Profile of chmara
Rather than reviewing this here -- as I am no "ordinary" mentalist (LOL) I have made an entry under the bizarrist part of the Café under "Character fit and Purchased tricks." It is what I feel is a different take on how Luna can work.
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
So exciting!
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
I fell victim to this last night. Very impressed and it really does smell of **ss.

They do not waste a drop at Outlaw.
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
939 Posts

Profile of andykean
Still no sign of luna here in new zealand , my wife says I am driving her mad.
so there's an upside!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Luna Reviews! (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL