The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Cards to card box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mark McDermott
View Profile
Regular user
Union Mills, IN
111 Posts

Profile of Mark McDermott
I want to add this to my show but have not been able to find a source to learn from. Can anyone send me in the proper direction? I have tried a few of my own ideas but they don't look as smooth as I want.

Thanks for any help!

Mark
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Do you want a selected card appearing in the card case or several cards appearing in the card case, or a non selected card appearing in the card case? Are you bothered about using a dupe? Interested in non sleight versions? There are so many versions out there.

A number of versions sleight and otherwise can be found in Marlo's Magazine Volume 4. The first version there is my favorite non sleight version, based on a Dave Solomon idea. Mentioning Dave of course, is a reminder he has another version in his new book "The Wisdom of Solomon" (p.61).

Paul.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I recently read an effect called Siam Card Box where the only card in the box matches the top card of a throughly shuffled deck. The Card Box is in plain view and in side a clear box and the card box is bound with a ribbon.
I don't have this prop as it's a little expensive. However, I usually do Jay Sankey's Penalty Box, which is the opposite effect of card to card box..
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Andy Moss
View Profile
Special user
713 Posts

Profile of Andy Moss
'Siam Card Box' as manufactured by 'Magic Wagon' and sold if I remember rightly at 'www.Martinsmagic.com'.

It looks to be very well crafted and with great potential.

Hope this helps. Andy.
Mark McDermott
View Profile
Regular user
Union Mills, IN
111 Posts

Thank you Paul and evolve629,

What I"m looking for is where you fan the cards out to show they are seperate......magic magic magic..... then you have a card box in hand and all cards are in box and box is shown on all sides.

I will look into what you talked about above.

Thanks, Mark
Mark McDermott
View Profile
Regular user
Union Mills, IN
111 Posts

Thanks Andy for your reply,

As the Siam Card Box is a nice effect it is not what I am looking for.

Paul, slight of hand is no problem and I have tried a gimmick box I made but doesn't look smooth enough.

Mark
Loopback
View Profile
Veteran user
Lincoln, Nebraska
359 Posts

Profile of Loopback
I don't know if this would help but I thought I would throw it out, How about using a deck sh**l. You could fan them, do the magic, put them in box and then go to pocket to show the entire deck is in your pocket in the box.

Because the DS is where the heat is, its quite easy to steal away the deck and appear to bring it from pocket. This leaves the DS on the table but its relatively easy to go from that into the disappearing deck under hanky to get back to nested deck in DS.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
When I mentioned earlier a non selected card to card case it might have sounded crazy to some, but a good example where it happens within a routine is "Mr. Biller's Wild Ride", a Steve Biller effect which can be found in Harris's book "A Close Up Kinda Guy" (p.39).

I also used to close a three phase routine with an impossible looking card to card case using Bruno's "Foolproof Locator Deck". When I used to sell that deck I supplied my routine with it, I'm not sure whether Martini (who produces the deck) does, (he might, although I think he was holding on to it to include in a booklet of routines for release at some point).

Paul.
Mark McDermott
View Profile
Regular user
Union Mills, IN
111 Posts

Thank you loopback and Paul again for more ideas to look into.

the kind of thing I want it to look like is what Norbert Ferre does on you tube except I want to use in a routine and not make that the routine itself.

Mark
Mark McDermott
View Profile
Regular user
Union Mills, IN
111 Posts

I saw Kostya Kimlat do a cards to card case at Abbott's Close -up Convention and it was so cool but he said he wasn't part of his lecture. If you want to see a great card guy in action ...see Kostya!!!

Mark
One Man
View Profile
Elite user
Frederick, MD
491 Posts

Profile of One Man
Ammar's Encore 3 has a cards to case effect....and there is the Harris Vanishing Deck...

Kevin
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Okay, now I know what you're talking about, none of my suggestions were relevant. Henry Evans may have sold something along these lines?

Paul.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I have one small suggestion - check out Card Happening DVD by Sanada. It has a spec named card (any cards) back to deck into the card box. It amazingly appear back into the open - you proved that the card was perfectly shuffled into the deck and back
into the box. But it reappear at your commend. A true miracle!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Mark McDermott
View Profile
Regular user
Union Mills, IN
111 Posts

Thanks again as I will change my path and look into the last items mentioned Paul and Evolve629 and Kevin

Mark
Kex
View Profile
Special user
Arlington, Texas
577 Posts

Profile of Kex
Perhaps BoxBack by Tomo Maeda in Kaufman's Five Times Five would work. The deck is spread and the four aces removed. Then a color change and the face card changes. After that you start over and the box reappears around the deck. You open it and the deck is removed. The case is pocketed a second time and you can proceed with more magic.

Kex
Mark McDermott
View Profile
Regular user
Union Mills, IN
111 Posts

Thank you Kex, I will look into that. So far the Mark Lefler effect on Encore 3 is what I'm looking for.

I want to say thank you for all the help to all!

Mark
jayp
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of jayp
I don't know if this is quite the effect your looking for but Greg Wilson has an effect on his Pyrotechnic Pasteboards where the deck appears to be instantly cased in your hand, may be worth looking into its quite a good dvd.

Jamie.
truckbonner555
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of truckbonner555
My favorite card to card box effect is Ray Kosby's "Jack in Box". A freely selected card visually penetrates the box and is found inside. Completely impromptu.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Cards to card box (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL