The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Prophet Teaser - Fastest Visual Bill Change Ever (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Honsestly, Extreme Burn looks like the better choice for me. I own and love Extreme Burn. Obviously, Project X8 doesn't own Extreme Burn, looking at what he is saying about it. Sometimes, for me at least, magic can be TOO VISUAL. It happens so fast, nobody sees it.
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
730 Posts

Profile of ftlum
Quote:
On 2008-03-18 14:32, Project X8 wrote:
I want to see an instant spread without flipping the pack over with EB.

If you have the DVD, you already know that Richard does this at times.

Now what did you mean about 5 bills changing to 5 bills? I'm still open to the possibility that there's something to be learned from Prophet.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Him saying 5 bills to 5 bills, leads me to think this guy is getting extreme burn confused with richards other effect slow burn
mysto59
View Profile
Loyal user
Bethalto, Illinois
264 Posts

Profile of mysto59
I have Extreme Burn, I use 5 bills and I always do an instant spread right after the change. I've done this totally surrounded as well and no one suspected anything. Everyone I have showed this effect to was floored!
It's not the size of the wand that matters, it's the "magic" in it...
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Can't wait for mine *cry* It has not shipped yet *cry cry*

EB I mean
Yours,

Ivan
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
UM...the video has been removed from Youtube. Would that not make this thread null and void?
mysto59
View Profile
Loyal user
Bethalto, Illinois
264 Posts

Profile of mysto59
This very interesting. I just watched the video a little while ago. Hmmmmm...
It's not the size of the wand that matters, it's the "magic" in it...
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Something nasty is afoot in magic land, boys and girls.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Yours,

Ivan
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Lot of trusted names there. Let's see how it plays out.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I really appreciate their vision for the site. I hope they are able to accomplish what they set out to do, and put out some high quality, practical magic. No filler, no junk.

I will lend my support by purchasing a couple items.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

The new trailer is interesting. before the other thread was deleted project x said the bills are not folded but now we see that they are, just like other "easy money" effects
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Joshua,

You're correct. Project X8 did say the bills didn't have to be folded. The handling looks the same as Extreme Burn, but we'll have to wait until some reviews start to come in. Any release date?

Regards, Steve
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Its to be released tonight at 11, so I don't think we will have to wait long!
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Prophet is out now.
Sir Pharaul
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Sir Pharaul
With Prophet the bills are folded but in a turning over action. You almost can't tell that the bills are even folded. To me it looks natural. Just looks like the bills are being shown and turned around.

A lot of the other bill changes out there have a lot of unnatural, unmotivated folds. Prophet is as nature as it gets. It looks like real magic.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
I'm surprised there are no reviews yet. Perhaps tomorrow or Monday.

Regards, Steve
kent1985
View Profile
Regular user
Perth (WA), Australia
148 Posts

Profile of kent1985
Fast, simple and direct.. what else you want? I think this effect is really good
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
As I said on other thread about this and EB

I have seen both Prophet and Extreme burn now and there is one single small thing that isn't on extreme burn. Other than that there is no reason to get prophet instead of extreme burn, UNLESS your having problems with gimmick flashing... If you have that problem then there is small detail in prophet of trimming the notes inside the gimmick, that made it more angle proof, but that's only thing it had to offer... Extreme burn just looks so much better, has much more variations, is teached so much better and in so much detail that between the two, extreme burn is ferrari and prophet is normal everyday car. Prophet is not bad in any means, but it doesn't offer anything that extreme burn allready doesn't offer.
TheAstonisher
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles, Ca
9 Posts

Profile of TheAstonisher
Quote:
On 2008-03-23 12:40, korttihai_82 wrote:
As I said on other thread about this and EB

I have seen both Prophet and Extreme burn now and there is one single small thing that isn't on extreme burn. Other than that there is no reason to get prophet instead of extreme burn, UNLESS your having problems with gimmick flashing... If you have that problem then there is small detail in prophet of trimming the notes inside the gimmick, that made it more angle proof, but that's only thing it had to offer... Extreme burn just looks so much better, has much more variations, is teached so much better and in so much detail that between the two, extreme burn is ferrari and prophet is normal everyday car. Prophet is not bad in any means, but it doesn't offer anything that extreme burn allready doesn't offer.

This is not entirely accurate to say. There's a lot more attention paid to detail in regards to construction of the gimmick, more logical construction of the gimmick (making the faces to faces change, not faces to backs) making the packet undetectably thin, and the psychology of passing the money out and creating a casual feel with your performance. These are all little details that make it very practical in the real world. I also deal a great bit with the psychology of the effect, who to perform it for, when to do it, when to hand out the bills, when NOT to, and different ideas on when to change them back, and when not to.

One of the most critical parts of the routine, the "get ready" is accomplished in the simple action of turning the bills over, there are no akward, un-motivated folding, and then "unfolding" actions. This was one of the biggest problem I always had with routines like this. Little touches like this, make the "moves" imperceptible to the keenest Eagle Eyes. But if all you care about is "the changes" then those little details probably mean nothing, but I wanted to improve things in all ways possible.

I also don't think its fair to say that the changes are the same, Prophet is accomplished much FASTER, and doesn't require any jerky motions to do it. And the faster change is accomplished without the need of that "special gimmick" The 2 variations: the "Snap Change" is accomplished WITHOUT THE BILLS MOVING at all, simply "snapping" in front of them and they change. Those who have tried to imitate this with "the underground" change are missing a huge point, the change happens with no movement, you can't do this with the underground change, it requires a sharp movement. The "One handed change" requires less movement than the Underground, and still doesn't require any cover. If you watch our latest trailer you will see how much faster these look. While EB teaches a lot of variations, none of them happen as fast as Prophet with as LITTLE MOVEMENT, I really don't think this is a point that can be argued, the videos speak for themselves.

I'm not in any way coming on here to denigrate EB, because it still stands out above anything else released before it, and is provided with a lot of GREAT information on it. That said, when I hear this "Prophet and EB are the same, but you get more changes with EB" talk, I feel compelled to make the very important differences known. If there are any other questions or thoughts I will do my best to answer.

Tom Isaacson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Prophet Teaser - Fastest Visual Bill Change Ever (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL