The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Drill Illusion. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lyboel
View Profile
New user
Denmark
20 Posts

Profile of Lyboel
I perform in Circus also almost surrounded...

Can I perform the Drill Illusion in the circus round manege?

Hope one can help..

Can I buy this illusion from http://www.startrixx.de/content.php?a=0

See a video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LdeHusi4VU

Thanks...

Otherwise is there any other Big illusion you think I will cut be performet I the Circus ?
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Regarding others you could do in the round, at a circus..

Crystal Casket
Sub Trunk (top t**p)
Cutting in Ninths
The Lean
Modern Art
Zig Zag
Twister
Girl Thru Glass

The drill illusion would probably need some modifications done to it, as by the looks of it there is nothing covering the back of the body as the drill goes in. Otherwise, this illusion I actually really liked! It through me off, not what I expected. I believe though that Melinda first performed this, and probably has exclusive rights.
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
For a Circus:
-Methamorphosis
-Spiker
-Modern Art
-Kube Zag
-Slicer
-Origami
-Girl To Lion Cage
-Snowstorm (Kevin James Version)
-Interlude (The first time that I see this illusion I cried of the emotion)
-Chair Suspension
-Temple of Benares
-Hindu Basket
-Wakeling Sawing (THIS ONE REALLY IS GOOD BECAUSE INVOLVES AUDIENCE MEMBERS)
-Dagger Chest
-Sword Suspension
-Konundrum Kube
-Blammo Box

I think in circus the Twister is ok, but if the stage is a Ring you need to take care with the lights.A good dove act works very good in a circus too,
Hope I help,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
I don't know for sure but I don't think you can really buy a "legal" version of the Drill of Death. If you PM me I can find out for you.

Fitz
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
jaynet
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of jaynet
THe Drill of Death is an Andre Kole/Whitaker original.
The twister should not be done surrounded.
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1313 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
I think this is in Device and Illusion by Steinmeyer. He has an illusion called NEON which was specifically designed for a circus venue. It isn't as big and spectacular as the Drill, but could look really good. It is basically a girl though glass, but the glass is replaced by a cage of neon lights. This would give it an eerie atmosphere. The girl visibly passes through the lights, it packs pretty small for travel, and it can be done fairly close to the audience and is totally surroundable. You may want to check it out.

Thanks,
Richard
Lyboel
View Profile
New user
Denmark
20 Posts

Profile of Lyboel
Hi Retgreen...

are there any video about this illusion ( NEON )...

Thanks ALL Smile

Kasper.
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1381 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
I never liked the design of NEON.. I think the girl through the glass is MUCH better.. smaller than the drill.

I saw Mark Wilson do this on TV years ago.. and it's stuck with me ever since.

There was one for sale on Magic Auction for a while
MagicErik
View Profile
Loyal user
Sneek, Netherlands
284 Posts

Profile of MagicErik
The Drill of Death can NOT be performed surrounded. You could mail Guido of StarTrixx and ask him about it. At this moment are two Drills in Europe. Rouven has one and Farla. There are not that much big illusions that you can perform in a circus manege.
EVI
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
Hi Lyboel,

Sorry I took so long to get back to you...

I just got off the phone with Andre Kole Productions and found out that Andre did invent the trick and owns the rights to it. There are no authorized builders out there and Andre recently bought Melinda's so he now owns the only legal one out there. Sorry if I burst your bubble, but I hope this helps.

Fitz
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
Lyboel
View Profile
New user
Denmark
20 Posts

Profile of Lyboel
Thanks all fore the posting.....THANKS Smile
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1568 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
My only worry about performing this at a circus is the time it would take to get it in and out of the performance area. It is possible, but I feel you would be better suited to do something that is easier to transport and more CHild friendly. I remember a while back when Melinda did this for World's greatest Magic they scanned the audience and I thought I saw a couple of children that looked really scared. Just my two cents. Good luck Brother.

BYUDAD
Believe in love. believe in magic. Hell, believe in Santa Clause. Believe in others. Believe in yourself. Believe in your dreams. If you don't, who will?""
~Jon Bon Jovi
stephane_arnow
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of stephane_arnow
Hi Byudad
I think that children can seen more frighting programm at TV shows... It is an illusion. A child see often monsters and scary things... A drill or a woman sawing in half, I don't think it is a problem . cheers !
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1568 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Quote:
On 2008-04-03 11:17, stephane_arnow wrote:
Hi Byudad
I think that children can seen more frighting programm at TV shows... It is an illusion. A child see often monsters and scary things... A drill or a woman sawing in half, I don't think it is a problem . cheers !

Very true. I saw a PG-13 movie the other day that would have been R rated when I was a kid. That leaves the issue of getting it into and out of the ring.

BYUDAD
Believe in love. believe in magic. Hell, believe in Santa Clause. Believe in others. Believe in yourself. Believe in your dreams. If you don't, who will?""
~Jon Bon Jovi
stephane_arnow
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of stephane_arnow
Violence is omnipresent on TV. In grand illusion, we perform ever some types of tortures (spikes, sawing, twisted etc) but the kids knows that it is fake..Even if it give the impression that it is real Smile
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1568 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
True that! I guess it all depends on the kid. I one performed murder inc. at a party and a little girl freaked out. I was performing it on my assistant, too. I have performed it at many shows but for some reason this time it was a bad ordeal.

BYUDAD
~Jon Bon Jovi
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Drill Illusion. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL