We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Numero Uno (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4398 Posts

Profile of Paul
People may be unaware that this good old packet trick from the seventies IS still available, AND very cheaply. I noticed recently Hank Lee still has it listed on his web site for $4. Where can you get a good packet effect for $4? lol. I put up a video clip of the effect here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10kR3N2Rc9c

Paul.
fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
It's nice ! A good tip !

Frans
Ratty Roberts
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Ratty Roberts
Well, I liked it Paul! Get me one for next time you see me!
loyaleagle
View Profile
Special user
Montgomery Village, Maryland
567 Posts

Profile of loyaleagle
Is there a name for that particular count or is it specific to the trick? I ask because if I'm going to get something that requires a skill, I like to know how difficult it is going to be to learn.

Nice effect!
Visit my blog: ScienceIsMagic.com
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4398 Posts

Profile of Paul
It uses an Elmsley and a Jordan count. You sound new to card magic to have not guessed either. Difficulty? It's hard to say, some people pick things up easier than others, with a little practice you'd get it and find it very useful for lots of other tricks.

Paul.
loyaleagle
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of loyaleagle
Ahah! The reason I couldn't pick it out (aside from my noob status) is that I have never seen an effect that uses multiple false counts. I just couldn't find the pattern...

I'm not very good at the Elmsley yet and really don't know the Jordan at all. If I want to get the trick, I'll probably practice those a lot with regular cards first. Thanks for your help Paul!
danielrhall
View Profile
Regular user
NH, where some days I feel as dumb as
181 Posts

Profile of danielrhall
Quote:
On 2008-04-15 12:54, loyaleagle wrote:
I'm not very good at the Elmsley yet and really don't know the Jordan at all. If I want to get the trick, I'll probably practice those a lot with regular cards first.
And the good news is that one count sets you up to do the other. I practice both while driving. So you probably don't want to be on the road near me. ;-)
loyaleagle
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of loyaleagle
I have been practicing both, back to back, a whole lot and find that my tempo gets stuck any time I need to pull from the bottom. Any suggestions?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Numero Uno (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL