The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Pygmy Paddle? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Does anybody on the Café know of a source for the plastic paddles for Paul Green's Pygmy Paddle routine? I'm from PA and used to do the trick at MANY functions and events until I ran out of paddles. I know Paul is a member here but I was wondering if anyone knew of resources in PA?
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Hi Paul will supply the paddles to you (he can be found on the Café).

He has a good price for bulk, and I think he can work with you so the more you buy at a time, the better deal he can offer.

I’ve looked for the same paddles wholesale but only found them personally imprinted in large quantities, and customized they are obviously more than through Paul,

This is a great routine to close sales and be remembered, I like using a sharpie on both sides rather than a pre-prepared label as it makes the transitions more magical.

Best of luck,
Walt
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I agree Walt. Thanks for the advice. I have only found those personalized paddles as well and for WAAAAYYYYY too much $$.
Trekdad
View Profile
Elite user
Telford, PA
445 Posts

Profile of Trekdad
Paul is very accessible here, and has a great deal on the paddles (along with his routine for them). I recently discovered the Pygmy Paddles here, contacted Paul, and I was using the paddles within the week.
Barnhardt: You have tested this theory?
Klaatu: I find it works well enough to get me from one planet to the next.
The Day the Earth Stood Still
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Hi,

I can supply the paddles for you. Please contact via PM if you are interested. I usually sell them at my lectures.

Thanks to those that like the routine.

Regards,

Paul Green
robertmichaels
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of robertmichaels
I learned of the Pygmy paddles from The Magic Menu and could not find good paddles on my own for the effect. Fast forward a few years and I dusted off my copy of the menu, only to be reminded of this gem. When I realized Paul Green could be reached through the magic Café I sent him a PM. Withing 3 days of the PM I received the paddles. We live in the same state so this helped.

Let me just say right of the bat, that there is no fancy mechanism, or ingenious new move to learn. They are Plastic Paddles, that's it. A plus for Pauls paddle is there is plenty of writing surface and it is not a huge paddle like the other stirrers you will find. With that said, this routine was a hit for me. Because it was a simple, innocent prop that leaves a strong impression and the spectator is a part of it from start to finish. Also they get to keep it. This is my style, I don't like to show off , but make the audience feel like they also do the magic.

Here is my review. 1st from the response of my greatest critic ( my wife ) and second from real world work at the Bistro I perform at.

I showed my wife. Although I have to admit I cheated. We watched one of her favorite shows 1st, then I showed it to her when she was relaxed and not capable of running from me saying, " No, I don't wanna see magic right now!" Haha

She has seen me perform a paddle effect before. It was the peg paddle and it had more of a, " Look what I can do. " Feel to it, but it got reactions. The Pygmy Paddles were off the chain. I like it because its more interactive and it hits that emotional hook. For my wife to say, " I can have it? Thanks!" is a big plus, over the years she's seen all kinds of stuff.

In working at the restaurant I used it often. I noticed customers from other tables watching it. When I got to there table, they requested it even though it was not part of my next set. I have a real aversion to using patter from other performers word for word. However I did use a few lines from the script that came with the paddles because its down right funny. The rest of the written routine gave me a solid guideline from a working pro that helped me easily create my presentation. This played well for children and adults. What I did was have the name of the Bistro appear on the other side, the customers and manager loved it.

I tried in the past to find a source for these with no good results. You can buy lesser paddles in bulk from a plastic company for 5000 a case and a huge hit to your wallet. Or you can get them from Paul Green here for a reasonable price.
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Hi Everyone,

Just to bump this up!

I just received a shipment of paddles and can offer them at a reduced figure (thanks to the economy, the production costs have gone done).

If you are interested in obtaining 100 or 1,000 paddles, please let me know.

Thanks,

Paul Green
magicden
View Profile
Regular user
scotland
103 Posts

Profile of magicden
Was planning in getting a lot of these paddles but after buying some at a club sale found them not great for the paddle move, could do with being a few mm thicker for the turn. Love the routine and idea but I am now searching for more suitable stirrers.
Maybe it's just me though.
Den
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Sorry Den!

For the rest of you, how many do you want?

Enjoy the search.

Regards,

Paul Green
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Pygmy Paddle? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL