The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The April 2008 entrée: Rick Maue » » College Audiences' Evolving Tastes » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
941 Posts

Profile of cfrye
Hi Rick,

I'm curious about how college audiences react to your material. It sounds like you're getting all the work you can handle, but your routines have a depth that contrasts with the standard loud and funny acts that appear at new student welcomes, prospective student visits, mid-semester campus activities, and so on.

Do you alter your program at all for college audiences?

Curt
Rick Maue
View Profile
V.I.P.
Pittsburgh, PA
547 Posts

Profile of Rick Maue
Hello again Curt,

I am really lucky because I am never booked at a college (or anywhere else) to be an entertainer. That isn't what I do, so I am never competing with any other type of act or performer. To be honest, I have never been booked through an agent, and I have never approached a college or a university to book me. Instead, they contact me, and they solicit my specific services.

All of this is possible because I have specifically designed my business plan this way over the years. As I said in another post, I have not taken a booking for a mentalist or a magician for quite a few years. I only take bookings for Rick Maue. And like I said in that other post, that is not ego, it is simple branding. I have spent a number of years establishing my brand, and by sticking to my business plan, I have been able to carve out a very nice niche for myself.

So, to answer your question directly, I don't have to alter my show for a college audience because they solicit me to specifically do my exact show.

There is actually a lot more to it than what I have written here, but I do cover quite a bit of my business philosophy in Occam's Magic.

Keep the change,
Rick
Check out what is happening at Deceptions Unlimited

www.deceptionsunlimited.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The April 2008 entrée: Rick Maue » » College Audiences' Evolving Tastes » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.031606 seconds, requiring 16 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [4] [1] [7] [0] [1] [7] [2] [6]