The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Leather Chop cup from Ambitious Card. (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magic Arty
View Profile
Elite user
metro Atlanta
443 Posts

Profile of Magic Arty
Just got my Killer chop cup from Frank. Nice cup, decent balance, looks harmless, handles nicely.
I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of this cup for the price I paid. Frank was great to work with, and very complying to my requests.
There is an "earthy" feel to using a leather cup....(ok, that sounds wrong!) but the fact that there is no metal involved puts the specs (I believe) onto a safe path when working with a chop cup. The off set of the gaff is nice, the strength just right to work with as well, it allows a very fair showing of the ball in cup, and the ability to dump it onto the table if you wish.
This is not a replacement for my Riser Tall Chop cup, but it is a nice substitute when I do not wish to do that particular routine. I found it to be very easy to adapt it in my current routines.
Overall I would highly recommend this cup for any worker looking for a nice cup that is very honest in appearance. Excellent product and service.
Arthur
atsmagic
Arthur Atsma

Feeling real happy now!
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1019 Posts

Profile of taller8
I agree, this is a great cup. I use some jumbo toy dice for a final load to tie into the dice cup theme.

The quality is top notch and using two chopped balls makes for a very deceptive routine.
A.J.
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan
315 Posts

Profile of A.J.
Frank is a great person to work with and stands behind everything he sells. His leather chop cups are fantastic in both quality and function.

A.J.
Magic Arty
View Profile
Elite user
metro Atlanta
443 Posts

Profile of Magic Arty
Hah! I just discovered that both are chopped! thanks taller8
arthur
atsmagic
Arthur Atsma

Feeling real happy now!
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1019 Posts

Profile of taller8
No problem.

It makes everything just a bit more amazing doesn't it? And being able to roll the chopped balls into the cup then out, makes for a nice casual display of innocence.

Could this be chop cup heaven? Smile
Magic Arty
View Profile
Elite user
metro Atlanta
443 Posts

Profile of Magic Arty
I have had this now for a few days, and I still like it a lot! I am coming up with a completely different routine than I thought I would use. This will not just be a substitute, but something very different.
atsmagic
Arthur Atsma

Feeling real happy now!
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1019 Posts

Profile of taller8
I use most of Doug Brewers 'Chopped Taters" routine that utilizes a wand for some added fun. I do use the "in my pocket or under the cup" but only to load the dice.

Using a wand or a pen, and letting the spec make the magic happen gets them involved a bit more. And I like to act like it's really the wand that is doing all the work.

It's fun to put the emphasis on a prop and add some silly lines, but also adding misdirection. It's fun to try to really sell the magic in the wand, even if it's a Sharpie.

Franks leather dice cup really adds to that misdirection, and using the two chopped balls makes the magic seem even more impossible.

If you ever want to add a chop cup routine, then I highly recommend Franks Killer Cup.
Faulkner
View Profile
Loyal user
New Orleans
247 Posts

Profile of Faulkner
Fank's Killer Chop Cup...get it. I found mine in the mail yesterday and fell in love.

Frank is OK too, had a question about shipping and he was e-mailing me at 9pm...way after hours. That is service!!!

My only problem is my girlfriend dosn't like me cuddling it in bed...the cup...not Frank.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10575 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Its nice indeed!

Produce a lemon and an orange Smile

And it looks so classy too!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3609 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Come on guys, give us a reason NOT to buy the cup...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1249 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I just got Frank's Killer leather cup, and his service is fantastic! The quality of his stuff is just excellent, too...
Don't have a reason NOT to buy it! I got it with the jumbo die and the diamond...
MagicOzzy
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
117 Posts

Profile of MagicOzzy
I love this cup, and it is one of my favorites. It takes a billiard ball perfectly BTW.
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1536 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
I know this feature was briefly mentioned above, but the offset m****t in the cup really makes some great subtleties possible.

You can drop the ball in the cup and pour it out into your hand (as you'd expect, given the law of gravity, etc.). But you can also drop the ball in the cup and only apparently pour it out into your hand with the same exact movements. So you can perfectly condition the audience's expectations before doing the chop cup "move."

It's a nice looking cup, too.

Cheers,
Jerry
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2567 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
I just got my cup a few days ago. It is totally cool! The offset magnet is a fantastic addition allowing, as mentioned above, the magnet ball to either roll out freely or not at your discretion.

I love the fact that it's a dice cup too. It looks natural and an be used for stacking and then right into the chop cup routine.

I may try to load a die with a magnet so that I can use dice in the chop cup routine. It would have to be done on a soft pad to kill the sound of a die dropping though. Seems like there are some possibilities with a magnetic die.

I think Gary Kurz used to sell a mentalism item using magnet loaded dice...

Mike
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1249 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Mike, let me know if you find the dice with magnets...I'm working on making some now, as the only decent ones I found were 200.00..
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1412 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
I've owned this cup for a few years now and I love it. I own several chop cups, and Frank's Killer is my favorite. I used to produce 1 or 2 billiard balls as final loads, and another feature I used to like was how the cup could be squeezed slightly. You could actually squeeze the sides a bit and retain the final load within the cup, if you wanted to lift it slightly to show nothing under it. I used to squeeze the cup a bit as I revealed a billiard ball, and this would results in the ball being lifted a tiny bit off the table then dropping out, creating an audible moment of surprise in addition to the visual climax. The leather cup made the load of the billiard balls silent as well. Great cup!
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3609 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
OK- This has just become a "gotta-get" for me... Frank- here I come.

Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1120 Posts

Profile of APC
I just got this cup a week ago and I am in love with it! So many possibilities with this beauty!!

Adam
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24136 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
As possibly the person on the forum who has the most chop cups, I must say that Frank's cups are really fine. I use a leather chop cup when I perform my Renaissance Festival act. I think I'll see if he would be interested in making the cups I used to use in my show.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Jared
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island, USA
998 Posts

Profile of Jared
This was a great purchase as I've noted in a previous post. If you're thinking about performing a table-hopping routine this is a great way to go. The cup is lightweight and is therefore more portable, and loading the cup makes zero noise. Workers should be all over this...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Leather Chop cup from Ambitious Card. (8 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL