The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2008 entrée: Apollo Robbins » » Inspirations » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
Before I knew of you Apollo, I only knew of Arno. Has he inspired you in any way?

Also, with you being an honest thief, does the honesty come from your father?
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
::pin drops::
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
Same question before about the possibility of Arno inspiring you.

But a rephrase of second question:

Since your father was a traveling minister, was there any conflict at first when you started magic and/or pickpocketing? And if not, he realizes that it is just entertainment since you're an "honest" thief?

Apollo
View Profile
V.I.P.
Los Angeles
77 Posts

Profile of Apollo
::pin drops::

That was a big pin Smile Thank you for your patience, MagicMattMann.

"Before I knew of you Apollo, I only knew of Arno. Has he inspired you in any way? "

There were many great pickpockets... Borra, Dominique, Dr. Giovanni, Gentleman Jack, Ricki Dunn, James Freedman, the Valdys, Kassagi... and many more. There are only a handful alive today.

Arno was very influenced by Dominique. My style was more influenced by Borra.
But Arno has done something no one else has. He has immersed himself into traveling around the world, infiltrating and studying thievery and deception. He is the clear leader in this arena. We share a common interest in the real world of grift. In fact, we first met while working for the Travel Channel on a show called "Travel Scams and Rip-offs".
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
Wow, didn't realize that there were so many influential pickpockets. For entertainment purposes, I thought it was a newer thing (about 70 years or so.) I'll be looking into more about Dominique and Borra then. That's cool that you and Arno have worked together. It must of have been fun.

Thanks, Apollo!

-Matt

Apollo
View Profile
V.I.P.
Los Angeles
77 Posts

Profile of Apollo
I posted your question regarding my Father here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=253&1
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
Alrighty, Thank You Apollo!

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2008 entrée: Apollo Robbins » » Inspirations » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL