The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Tim Trono's "Branded" - The Painless Card Blister (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..18..21..24..27..30..31~32~33 [Next]
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
I just got a great idea with Branded from Luke Jermay (buy his new EI effect - great) that I will see if it is OK to share... it's really good.

I'm also thinking about having a contest for those who submit videos to me of them using Branded.... more details to follow...

Tim
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Luke Jermay's ideas are posted on http://brandedmagic.com/page/2/

Daniel Lachman and Andy Amyx are assisting me with a new trailer to better show Branded. It will include a few of the clips from Greg Wilson, etc. I'd imagine we will have that in about a week. Andy is also taking some pictures of the gimmick for those still on the fence. Overall people are happier AFTER they get Branded which is nice as often in magic we get something and are then disappointed ("oh, it's just such and such"). People seem to like the open, easy, and free handling (no pocket work, etc.). Also people are discovering the reactions are FAR out of proportion to the simple handling involved.

I'd like to do a contest to get some footage of some of YOU using Branded. I'm putting the details together on this now and will announce it soon.

Thanks for the support.

Tim
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Florida
683 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
This is an amazing way to accomplish an amazing effect. Hats off to Tim... It's just one of those things where one wonders to himself..."now why didn't I think of that?"

It's simple, it carries a huge WOW FACTOR, it fits in my pocket and I didn't have to stay up until 3am for several nights in a row to be able to perform it....

Thanks Tim!

Bobby
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Glad you are enjoying it Bobby.

Chris just sent me a great idea on the Voodoo Card trick taught on the instructional DVD with Branded so will see if I can coax him into sharing it here (and on the Branded site).

Tim
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Tim,
Received my replacements awhile back but haven't had much time to post here, HATS TOTALLY OFF TO YOU Tim Smile You have TRULY gone far and BEYOND the call of duty!

On another note, I find Jermay's presentation interesting but trying to figure out if he makes impressions on first, middle, and ring fingers or if he does it on just the first, ring, and pink (if one of them is on the middle finger, I was playing with it, kind of awkward to make it look like you're not flipping somebody the bird! Smile ). Thanks Tim and lets keep the juices flowing here folks!
brainman
View Profile
Special user
970 Posts

Profile of brainman
Had the opportunity of playing aroung with the gimmicks and did perform a lot with it.
I owned almost all other blister gimmicks and gizmos on the market - Branded I will use. I got fabulous reactions with it (big golf event - white nights)
Thanks for this great developement Tim! I love "Pocket space" ; )
Best,
T
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Everyone, here's the routine with the voodoo card trick that I shared with Tim.

My new favorite subject: Greg Wilson's Voodoo Card trick from the Branded DVD. Here's my way of performing it. If you have the DVD, this will be easy to follow.

I force the card ( let's say two of hearts ). If you're uncomfortable with his, just say you want to show them something and you want a card that has room to write on it and just get the two. I've done this and it works just as well for this effect.

There are actually two cards I'll be using. The regular two and under it, a two of hearts with my signature on the face along with a burned mark I made from the lighter.

I sign the face and I raise the deck and blow on the signature to dry it. I then say "let's have you sign the back of the card". I turn the card(s) over and and place them on the deck so they can sign the back.

This next part is all in one fluid motion: I say "now hold out your hand like this" I'm using my right hand to show them how they should hold their hand ( open, palm up ). When the do I slide the top card off the deck and into their hand, face down. This is the card that has my signature and burn mark. Because their signature is on the back, there is no doubt it's the same card.

I tell them to put their index finger of their free hand on top of the card ( so they don't turn over the card prematurely or drop it ).

I find the mate to the chosen signed card and burn the face of the mate. I wave this card above the card in their hand and when I tell them to turn the card over in their hand, their eyes come out of their head, because right there, across the face, that a moment ago only had my signature, now has my signature and the face is also burned, matching the burned mate in my hand.

This is a gasp getting moment and I say nothing, just letting the effect register ( thank you Paul Harris ).

Here's some added thoughts. You can set the deck in a way that you only use up one card ( with the signatures, which you let them keep ). You do this by having the duplicate burned mate right under the non-burned mate.

You turn these cards over and slide the top one over and run the flame under it, but the flame is not touching the card. The waving of the lighter back and forth prevents the card from actually burning further and the larger motion sells the illusion.

Some Magi may feel the signatures are an added step and is magician thinking and not needed. I feel the signature not only makes the effect stronger, but since I want them to keep the card as a memento, I want both our signatures on the card. I want them to remember the experience and my name.

After performing this over a dozen times with and without signatures, I can tell you the signatures make it stronger.

Plus, I want them to keep this card, which they are more apt to do if it isn't just burned. Over the years I've had too many people pull heir signed ambitious card out of wallets and purses for me to dismiss having cards signed.

Even if you don't want to do the trick with signatures, please try the voodoo card trick just as Greg Wilson teaches it because I think you'll be very pleased by your audience reactions.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Thanks Chris! Chris has allowed me to post his ideas with the Voodoo Card trick taught on the Branded instructional DVD on the http://www.brandedmagic.com site. Do NOT overlook this strong but simple routine. Also I posted Andy Amyx's great presentation using flash paper with his permission (watch for the upcoming Sankey DVD on flash paper - flash paper always adds a LOT for real audiences).

Tim
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of drjohn
Hi Guys

Awesome!!! I have used this dozens of times at my residencies and have had some fantastic feedback.

Strangely the only criticism I have is that I can't get seem to get hold of any mini bic or regular bic lighters in black. Nobody seems to stock them and I can't even buy any on-line any ideas from you people in the UK?
May your darkness come quickly
TheAstonishingLarry
View Profile
Regular user
I aspire to more than only
183 Posts

Profile of TheAstonishingLarry
Quote:
On 2008-07-14 16:51, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Everyone, here's the routine with the voodoo card trick that I shared with Tim.

A very nice effect, Chris. Thanks.
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." - Carl Sagan
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
NW Ont Canada
540 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
Branded is definately worth it.
I carry the large one around all the time. Ready for one of 3 revelations to be forced or by fluke from another card routine.

Eric
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Worse comes to worse, a bold tip black sharpie will suffice if you can't find a black bic lighter.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Quote:
On 2008-07-15 09:42, drjohn wrote:
Hi Guys

Awesome!!! I have used this dozens of times at my residencies and have had some fantastic feedback.

Strangely the only criticism I have is that I can't get seem to get hold of any mini bic or regular bic lighters in black. Nobody seems to stock them and I can't even buy any on-line any ideas from you people in the UK?

I picked a lighter from the local newsagents for around a £1
it fitted the gimmick perfectly, so I guess there must be a standard size for lighters?
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Bic!
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Thanks guys. Glad you are enjoying it. I know a few dealers in the UK bought and provide Bic lighters. They ARE available there though my understanding is a cheap version from China is more popular in the various stores due to lower cost. Here Bic lighters are everywhere. If you are at IBM/SAM consider picking some up during your travels. Looking forward to meeting some of you at the convention.

Tim
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I received my "Branded" a couple of days ago. I have been playing around with it and find it VERY user friendly! Last night, my son, who is a professional chef, showed up at the house. He showed me a nasty burn on his wrist, complete with blisters. Talk about an open door! I explained that I had burned myself last night, and showed him my blisters. It's spooky to see the branded "normal" blister next to REAL normal blisters. I then used the simple "Criss Cross" force, morphed my blisters, and blew his mind! This poor kid (who is now 28 years old) has been watching his old man do magic for his whole life. I think he really enjoyed this one!
Great Job Tim!

Sammy Teague
Sammy J. Teague
Peter Eggink
View Profile
V.I.P.
Netherlands
399 Posts

Profile of Peter Eggink
I received "Branded" from Tim a while back, and I can say that this is the cleverest and most practical application to this classic effect I've seen.

Great job, Tim.

Peter
https://www.deceptivedreamz.com/product-page/cash-card-by-armanujjaman-abir-peter-eggink

CA$H CARD -a brand new credit card to bill...and vice versa!
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Having field-tested Branded this past week, I must add my kudos to Tim for a fantastic effect! The responses were wonderful. This is a "must have".

I had a slight problem after receiving Branded (totally my fault) but Tim was kind enough to fix it anyway. This is the kind of customer service I will gladly support- thanks, Tim!

Get this- you won't be disappointed.

Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
GREAT story Sammy. You gotta love those perfect moments. Thanks for sharing that with us. Glad you are enjoying this and feel free to let me know via e-mail if you have any questions, concerns, etc.

Thanks also Peter and Jim!

Tim
daniel_lachman
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of daniel_lachman
Quote:
On 2008-07-11 13:45, Tim Trono wrote:

Daniel Lachman and Andy Amyx are assisting me with a new trailer to better show Branded.

Hi everyone.

The new Branded trailer should be completed in the next few days.

Thanks!

Daniel Lachman
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Tim Trono's "Branded" - The Painless Card Blister (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..18..21..24..27..30..31~32~33 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL