The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Tim Trono's "Branded" - The Painless Card Blister (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23..31~32~33 [Next]
Mr Roy
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Mr Roy
And Is the gimmick gonna last long?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
The small lighter has 1 card impression, the larger has 3. I myself haven't seen and discernable difference in handling one over the other.

The gimmick has no moving parts. Unless your dropped it at a certain angle on a hard surface, meaning a freak sort of accident situation, I don't see why this wouldn't last for years and years ( I don't' see why it wouldn't last the life of your performance career ).

Tim Trono, as everyone can see that reads this thread, guarantees his product, so on how long it lasts isn't an issue.

I'd only remove the gimmick to replace the lighter, which needs replacing depending on how often you perform. Large lighters today get about 3,000 lights. The smaller lighters...get less.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
I typically only use the small lighter but am not performing walk around and doing it over and over like I used to (where I probably would use the larger one for multiple cards). If your Branded gimmick breaks contact me privately and I'll replace it if reasonable at my discretion. In the end I want to ensure everyone who buys Branded from their favorite dealer is happy and well taken care of. But as Chris points out there are no moving parts, etc. so unless some weird thing happens it should last for many many years.

Tim
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
I use the big one most often. . .the small is still in its packaging Smile
I use the big one because I prefer doing branded with the King of Clubs. . .It seems to appear better on my skin than the others.
oldi
View Profile
New user
switzerland
92 Posts

Profile of oldi
Instead of f.....g a card, Brandet could be used together with Gordon Beans Time Card.
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Thanks for the suggestion Oldi.. I'll check that out.

Tim
MagicianDM
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of MagicianDM
Can you accidentally burn yourself when you perform the trick?
The ultimate, most visual and practical ambitious card routine finisher - HERE!
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2008-10-13 02:10, MagicianDM wrote:
Can you accidentally burn yourself when you perform the trick?

Not likely.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
ANY time you use lighters, matches, flash paper, or do anything with fire you can burn yourself. That is why you should obviously be careful. If you have concerns about this consider using Morgan Strebler's handling of Branded where you DO light a lighter but just for a moment as you have them shut their eyes and continue to envision the flame and now the card in the flame in their mind. In Morgan's presentation you are not pretending to burn your fingers from the flame itself or using the flame itself to apparently morph the blister. But again, anytime fire is involved you have the potential to burn yourself so you should be careful and minors should NOT use lighters, matches, flash paper, or other flammable items. The gimmick itself is not at all dangerous but lighters can be so use caution.

Tim
MagicianDM
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of MagicianDM
Thanks Roth and Tim, now I want this..
The ultimate, most visual and practical ambitious card routine finisher - HERE!
Slepton
View Profile
New user
France
42 Posts

Profile of Slepton
Thanks Mr Trono for this release. I am using it at least three or for times for each of my gigs (which makes more than 20 times a week) since 2 months. However, I broke the large gimmicks as I was using it without the lighter inside (due to my pattern, I have a special lighter). In any case, I suceed in repairing it. Great reactions from the public, especially using the flashpaper idea of Mr Kavanagh.
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Hi Slepton. Please PM me with your mailing address and we can discuss how we can replace the large gimmick for you. I am glad you are enjoying this.

MagicianDM, I hope you enjoy Branded. I think you'll find the reactions are amazing ad I am confident you will be happy with your purchase. Be sure to check out the support site noted on the DVD for additional ideas, etc. Also don't overlook the Voodoo Card trick. It's super easy but incredibly strong (especially with Chris' idea posted on the support site).

Thanks guys. I hope to see some of you at Mindvention.

Tim
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-10-11 15:19, Nico Zottos wrote:
I use the big one most often. . .the small is still in its packaging Smile
I use the big one because I prefer doing branded with the King of Clubs. . .It seems to appear better on my skin than the others.

Nico, the KC comes through better on my skin as well, but for some reason the other cards look more like real blisters/burns, on my skin, so I went with using the 3H.

Does anyone have a card they prefer to go with or use most often?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Christopher, definitely the 3H for me is without a doubt the most realistic looking blister. I found that having fairly pale skin and also waiting too long for the reveal of the KC makes people have to look that little bit harder to discern what is actually there. Plus in darker settings I believe it is harder to see than the 3H.

I considered fake tanning the tips of my fingers, but decided that it would only end in tears. And bewildered stares from my audience. Unless I wore fingerless gloves.

"Coming soon the Branded Vitamin D Deficiency Kit, containing fake tan, fingerless gloves, sweaty hands and the inability to palm cards."

Tim if this takes off I want a slice. Smile

Luke
jbolt
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of jbolt
This is a great effect and wonderful gimmick. It's very practical and effective. Nice.

Jbolt
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Great idea Luke LOL.

Thanks Jbolt. Glad you like it!

Tim
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I perfer to use the small lighter with the 3H. I think it looks more natural while holding it in front of the spectators. I use the flash paper routine instead of the morph. It's great! I guess that if I start performing it for multiple audiences in the same venue, I will use the large lighter, but the small one is my favorite.

Sam
Sammy J. Teague
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
This looks fantastic. My age is the only thing holding me back from getting this, and my parents! But Tim, this looks excellent!
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
I received a really nice unexpected call from Simon Lovell this morning. I had given Simon Branded at the IBM/SAM convention in Kentucky. Simon advised he recently started to use it and has been using it all of the time, carrying it with him all of the time, and getting great reactions.

Here is the quote Simon gave "Brilliant! The first trick I have added to my working repertoire in years". Simon went on and advised he felt this was "the trick of the decade".

I was extremely pleased by this unexpected and really nice call. Simon truly understands what plays from his extensive performing ability. To know this is something he is USING and carrying with him all of the time is an honor.

Tim
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1041 Posts

Profile of deputy
I have to add to the praise of this effect. I carry this everywhere. Its easy to use and it slays people, what more can you ask for? Tim, great job and look forward to more ideas from you. Ryan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Tim Trono's "Branded" - The Painless Card Blister (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23..31~32~33 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL