The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Dan Hauss - FLOW (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
solareflipz
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, Fl
292 Posts

Profile of solareflipz
I ordered this on Tuesday from PH's site and it arrived today! Here's a breakdown of the DVD:
Performance
Intro
Secret Weapon
Basic Method
(Gimmick) basics
Teaching Hannah
Toothpick Option
FAQ
Performance Instruction
Recap

The Gimmick - This is something that I definitely did not think about doing...and I should kick myself in the butt for not thinking about it! It's such a simple thing that you can use over and over again, but eventually you will run out of it. There are refills available and the refills are about 2-3 bucks. You're given two supplies worth of the gimmick when you purchase the DVD, so it should last you a while.

The Method - So simple and so easy. After watching the DVD I tried it out myself and almost crapped my pants. Not because the water spill on me, but because it didn't All you have to do is apply the gimmick to the bottle and you're good to go.

The Teaching - Here's what I thought was really cool. Dan Hauss has a section called "Teaching Hannah" on the DVD. He's teaching a girl named Hannah how to do this step by step. I thought that this was a great idea because it wasn't a basic tutorial on how to set it up. It was actually a teacher and student type conversation and Hannah was asking questions about the setup that you might have wanted to ask. I thought that this was a cool approach to teaching because a lot of the questions you might want to ask are already being answered in this instruction style.

Value - For $35, you don't only get Flow, but you get two other tricks as well that are available on a website only to those who have purchased this DVD. I haven't checked them out yet, but when I do I'll write up on it too.

Overall - If you didn't order this, then what are you waiting for? I think that Flow was definitely worth the hype that was behind it.

FAQ:

How long is the setup?
Less than a minute

How invisible is the gimmick?
Assuming you apply the gimmick to the bottle correctly, then you won't see a thing!

How does it work?
Dan Hauss will tell you when you buy the DVD

Are refills the gimmick something I can buy in a store?
Yes. You might have to do a little searching though as I have not seen this gimmick in stores in forever.

That's about it.
samdan
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of samdan
What is the effect?
what is the difficulty level?
solareflipz
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, Fl
292 Posts

Profile of solareflipz
Here's the official spam for those who don't know what Flow is:

Dan Hauss has discovered a rare piece of strange that brilliantly abuses the laws of nature-allowing you to mysteriously and from a distance stop and start the flow of liquid from an innocent bottle of designer water.

Your spectator actually experiences the entire astonishment in her own hands! You never touch the bottle-or water-throughout the entire effect. All can be immediately examined: the empty bottle, the spectator, you, the water, the street, everything!

Dan Hauss' Flow uses a completely original crazy new principle that will leave you gushing with delight!

Comes Complete with:

FLOW GIMMICK, DVD, BONUS EFFECTS

-Prepare any bottle in under ten seconds

-Works with bottled soda, tea, and most other beverages.

-No discs or caps used. Nothing to hide, steal or get rid of.

-Perform Flow completely surrounded.

-Once the effect starts the performer never touches the bottle, the water or the spectator.

Check it out the demo below!

As for the difficulty...so easy that a caveman can do it!
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
2019 Posts

Profile of todsky
Magic Phenom
View Profile
New user
Oakland, Cali
17 Posts

Profile of Magic Phenom
Pretty sweet effect. Will work good in real world situations
funnyclown
View Profile
Regular user
Burlingame, CA
117 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
I just got my DVD today...and this trick is amazing and clever. Easy to setup and perform. It does take a small amount of practice to setup and perform but it is worth it. Buy this DVD...the two bonus tricks are awesome too.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone the clown

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

www.funnyclown.com
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2531 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Hmmmmmmm
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"

What is the mental malfunction that some people suffer from that compels them to demand being able to kill the most vulnerable and innocent members of the human race? What kind of society champions the killing of nascent human life rather than demanding that adults behave responsibly?
Wesker
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Wesker
Still waiting on my dealer to get this. Jason if you're watching this thread do you know when dealers should be getting it?
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
1891 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I'm not sure if dealers will be getting it. I think that it's exclusively available from The Astonishment Project and Ellusionist, at least for the time being.
Kevin Reylek
www.thebluecrown.com
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
You get free shipping from the astonishment project.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2333 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
..and can sleep well at night. Ha, just kidding.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1235 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Solareflipz:

I don't want you to say what the gimmick is.
But in the presentation, they empty the water, and in the description they say the spectator can keep the bottle.

All I want to know, does the gimmick fall out with the water and you have to fish for it to get it back, or do you leave it for them, and they never find it.

Either way, you would end up loosing a gimmick, thus needing replacements.

If you take the bottle back to remove the gimmick before giving it away, that would kind of defeat the whole 'hands off' part.

But then I could be way off base.

Thanks for any comments you have on this. The guy advertising this would not answer my question. He could have at least addressed my concerns and said: don't worry, none of this will happen, so I am guessing it will.

I don't want any secrets given away here. thanks.

ACE
Wesker
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Wesker
Quote:
On 2008-05-16 10:49, Mercury52 wrote:
I'm not sure if dealers will be getting it. I think that it's exclusively available from The Astonishment Project and Ellusionist, at least for the time being.

That's a shame. I try to buy everything from my dealer.
Lumas
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
202 Posts

Profile of Lumas
It will be in dealers' hands eventually. The guy from paper crane said it would on another forum. He didn't say when though.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2333 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Probably in a few weeks.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
bsmith
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of bsmith
Here is a link if anyone would like to support the creator and purchase an autographed copy directly from him with free shipping!:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=77&0

Cheers!
Wesker
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Wesker
That's good to know, thanks!
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1598 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Quote:
On 2008-05-16 16:21, Acecardician wrote:
Solareflipz:

All I want to know, does the gimmick fall out with the water and you have to fish for it to get it back, or do you leave it for them, and they never find it.

ACE

The gimmick cant really been discovered.... It doesn't really fall out with water, but it doesn't stay in the bottle either. It really just vanishes itself. Its rather ingenious. The problem was however that I have never seen the replacement for gimmick anywhere in Finland at least.
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1235 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Thanks for all of your comments and pm's.

I did order one Friday. I had just enough in my paypal account in cash just sitting there.

My plan is when I work outdoor events, to set up 4 or 5 of these and put them in my sack or ice chest. I do walk around or mini steet style shows out of my bag. This should be plenty for the couple of hours I am there.
And if I need more, I will fix some when I go on break.

This is sure to be a hit!

I will post again after I performed it a few times.

thanks again everyone!

ACE
joeyrodsx3
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of joeyrodsx3
Hello I just ordered one today and I was just wondering if anyone knew if its possible to put something else besides the toothpick..and how strong is the gimmick.
if the bottle is moved around to much will I just give out? thanks guys
solareflipz
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, Fl
292 Posts

Profile of solareflipz
I guess anything the same size as a toothpick can be put in without the gimmick giving out. Also if the spectator shakes the bottle or turns it over quickly then the water won't spill. As long as they don't squeeze too hard it'll be ok.
joeyrodsx3
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of joeyrodsx3
I find the gimmick really hard to use and it tends not to work for me I don't want to say much without giving it up but I cant use it right. does anyone know when you will be able to get refills?
joeyrodsx3
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of joeyrodsx3
One more thing, it wont let me register the product for the bonus effects it says numbers are not valid?
solareflipz
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, Fl
292 Posts

Profile of solareflipz
Contact the customer service at theastonishmentproject.com or papercraneproductions.net. I'm sure they'll be able to help you out. As for refills, just google c----------- p-- b----- (I'm sure you can fill in the blanks).
bugula
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of bugula
I have the effect and I can't figure those blanks out. Smile

joeyrodsx3: PM me if you need some help.
solareflipz
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, Fl
292 Posts

Profile of solareflipz
Lol, if you have the gimmick then you can just take the first letter of each word. I randomly added the dashes to make it more confusing.
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Special user
992 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
What about the "toxic warning" that I have heard about? Is this an issue?

And I have also been informed that the bottle may not be borrowed?
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

http://www.magic2wear.com
jamie9
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of jamie9
Yeah you can't borrow a bottle obviously because it says there is a 10 second setup. The stuff or "gimmick" is toxic if you eat it or drink water that has been with it. Just make sure that you empty out all the water after the effect is over..
solareflipz
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, Fl
292 Posts

Profile of solareflipz
The bottle can be borrowed but obviously you have to set it up. Dan suggests to borrow an empty bottle and take it to the bathroom and set it up as you fill it up.
Peter Pitchford
View Profile
Elite user
Philly
404 Posts

Profile of Peter Pitchford
Ok, here's the scoop on the "toxic warning." Paul went way overboard into the realm of what I would consider paranoia. There is absolutely nothing harmful about this product unless you swallow it. The same could be said (harmful) about a half dollar, a playing card, a magic wand, a ring flight, or a DVD. A warning is the right thing to do (especially because you are dealing with something that is naturally consumed - water) but I think 5 warnings is playing it VERY safe. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Dan Hauss - FLOW (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.257712 seconds, requiring 86 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [5] [2] [1] [2] [0] [3] [5] [7]