The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Nestor Hato" DVD/Download Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
I think this is an excellent DVD. The gimmick is simpler than you may think and I made my own one (for a red deck) with ease, though I had trouble getting a decent version of one of the items needed.
The effects which can be produced with such a gimmick are direct and very visual and leave a good impression with spectators.
fooksau
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of fooksau
Quote:
On 2008-06-20 08:37, daviaac wrote:
If I ever have a gaff card in play I prefer to remove it and add it than leave it in the deck especially if a later routine involves audience participation/interaction with the deck. it can be cut to very easily iagree but I normally like to cop it off the bottom of the deck or one hand top palm normal gaffs but this one is slightly more difficult because of the main part of the gaff. If have you have any soloutions to this problem I would love to share ideas on it.

Luke,

Notice that when loaded the gimmick will injog when holding the indifferent card in place. From there it might be easier to cop out or tenkai etc. If seated there's a way that might come to mind intuitively based on this.

Drew
How many Magicians does it take to advertise a trick? Three.. One to steal the trick. One to steal HIS trick. And one to write a good review.
fooksau
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of fooksau
Quote:
On 2008-06-29 15:20, baskitboy5 wrote:
I watched a little of this DVD and I must say I really love the thinking behind these effects and flourishes. The gimmick being "new" is not completely true, but the uses for it and all of his effects are great new applications of this old gaff. I absolutely love this DVD!

Adam

I'm curious why you say the gimmick isn't exactly new? I've never seen anything like it before.

Thanks.
How many Magicians does it take to advertise a trick? Three.. One to steal the trick. One to steal HIS trick. And one to write a good review.
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
This looks awesome!!
Don
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
Quote:
On 2008-07-03 16:24, fooksau wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-06-29 15:20, baskitboy5 wrote:
I watched a little of this DVD and I must say I really love the thinking behind these effects and flourishes. The gimmick being "new" is not completely true, but the uses for it and all of his effects are great new applications of this old gaff. I absolutely love this DVD!

Adam

I'm curious why you say the gimmick isn't exactly new? I've never seen anything like it before.

Thanks.

There is a similar gimmick in good old Tarbell. Not as many uses as the Nestoriser as it was only used for a rising card effect, but the principle is the same.
It's what Nestor does with the gimmick that opens up so many possibilities.
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
Is the first effect on the demo taught? I'm referring to when he "shoots" the card with his finger and produces smoke and a spark like a gun.
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
daviaac
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of daviaac
The card coming from the deck is but not the shooting like a gun part

luke
- the secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources
darkdean
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of darkdean
Hmmmm

I have this and apart from the fact that this gimmick has been invented by lots of other pepole including mark elsdon it is a good DVD and there is new work on using it.

Dean
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
Another couple of questions,

Is "Touch" taught on this DVD? I found the performance here..
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=-6KrfP6MrA4&feature=user

And about the shooting of the gun, does anyone know what gimmick that is?

AdrianKeller
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of AdrianKeller
Quote:
And about the shooting of the gun, does anyone know what gimmick that is?

might be nicolas' lepage's "flash gun"?
daviaac
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of daviaac
Yes touch is taught on the dvd

luke
- the secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
Thanks guys for the responses. I was thinking that Touch would be great to use before doing Panic from Theory11. (obviously using the four kings)

jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
986 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Dave Solomon has a version in "Solomon's Mind" called 'Double Suprise Rising Card' - he credits Elmsley for popularizing it. In Collected Works of Alex Elmsley Vol II, Elmsley claims credit for the rise from a fanned deck. He credits Tarbell for "Cardini's Rising Cards" but also suggests that it is fundamentally the 'Jumping Jack' card gimmick "commonly sold to the public by street and carnival pitchmen since the 1920's". David Britland also had a similar gimmick in the early eighties called "Angel Card Rise".

So the 'Nestorizer' isn't really the 'Nestorizer' - however, some of the applications on the DVD are absolutely superb. 'Touch' is extremely good and I also like the colour changing card routine too. If you're not averse to a gimmick in the deck then the DVD has some lovely routines using the one gimmick - and they're not all similar - the same gimmick could be used for a sequence of several routines (assuming you can set up for the sequence) and each routine could use the gimmick but each would be a clearly different effect.

I like it.

Jamie.
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
magicfreak_NV
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of magicfreak_NV
Can you get this in the USA?

Or, only from his site?

Is it in English?

thanks
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Hank Lee has it.
xaboom
View Profile
New user
Biarritz France
69 Posts

Profile of xaboom
And performances and explanations are mute,not one word,zip.(like on David Stone DVDs)
cardboardninjas
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of cardboardninjas
Is the gimmick a pain to make or is it pretty simple? Another question is if the materials are readily available at a Walmart or similar stores.

This looks pretty nice
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
685 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
Thanks for the review,
I think I'm gonna buy this stuff.....
350zTT
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of 350zTT
The gimmick is not hard to make! Yes most of the supplies should be available at walmart or a craft store. This is one of my fav dvds and really the possibilities are endless with the gimmick....I love it! I feel that it is very clever idea!
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Quote:
On 2008-11-06 17:38, magicfreak_NV wrote:
Can you get this in the USA?

Or, only from his site?

Is it in English?

thanks

You can get it from Penguin, MJM, and I belive Madhatter has it as well.

Just about anywhere.

The DVD is pretty much mute as was said before. No problems understanding anything.
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Nestor Hato" DVD/Download Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL