The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Uses for the 52 on 1 Card: References or tips for Handlings (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chappo
View Profile
Special user
Bris Vegas
754 Posts

Profile of Chappo
First of all, this is my first (tentative) post in the workers section. It is highly probable that I have missed a previous thread with analogous content. If I have unwittingly posted this in the wrong area of the Café, I would appreciate if a staff member could move it to an more appropriate setting. ---End Disclaimer---

That being said, I have recently made an acquisition of two bicycle-stock '52 on 1' cards. I.E.: All 52 card of the deck are presented on the face side of the card, hence the comedy (For newbies like me who may be slightly ambiguous with the term).

It is obvious that these cards lend themselves primarily to comedy, so I would like to make their debut a memorable one.

It would be greatly indebted to anyone who can:

(a) Provide me with a reference on which to read up on (trick wise).
(b) Suggest a routine in which they can be utilised that is especially funny.
(c) Put down any tips or comments which are related to the above two points.

Thanks for bearing with me, and cheers to anybody who makes a comment or reply. Smile

From,

Chappo (A.K.A The Professional Aussie Idiot)

Edit--> *!!#?%$!! Someone move this to 'Gaffed and Funky' please!
The rules of a sleight of hand artist, Are three, and all others are vain,

The 1st & the 2nd are practice... And the 3rd one is practice again

- 'Magic of the Hands', Edward Victor (1940)
k13pt0maniac
View Profile
New user
Brownsville, Texas
95 Posts

Profile of k13pt0maniac
Hmm well I do have this gaff, but I have yet to use it .. of the top of my head I'm would maybe use it as part of a revelation. say you have the spectator select a card, it gets lost in the deck and when you reveal the card its the "52 in 1" and say "well your card is in there right, so it wasn't a complete miss." then tell them not to name their card just to think of it and concentrate, say your going to try and enlarge the card that they are thinking of and do what ever color change you prefer to make their selection "expand" from the 52 in 1 into a single card.

Just a thought.
-Abe a.k.a. C3rb3rus
johnnymajestic
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of johnnymajestic
Dean Dill
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I think there is a great idea on the Second Storm DvDs by John Guasteferro (sp?).
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Here is one to think about.
If you have a WOW, force the applicable card on one spectator.
Show it as 52-1 in WOW, and see if another spectator can figure out the card they picked.
Chappo
View Profile
Special user
Bris Vegas
754 Posts

Profile of Chappo
@TwistedAce = Would that be 'Remote Possibilities' from volume one? The premise seems clever, but I think an initial 'comedy reveal' is required. After all, it does have a bicycle back so I think I should make the most of it. Sounds good though. Thanks!

@ JS = HA! Nice one. I can see that working, though I don't have a WOW (I take it you mean the masuda item)

@johnnymajestic = Um.... Really?

@k13pt0maniac = That could certainly work. This card primarily lends itself as a revelation item (in my mind) so I would agree with what you say. Surprisingly enough, I have tried the 'I'm gonna find your card' initiation with the gaff itself and it doesn't get that many laughs by itself. That's why I posted here. Thanks!
The rules of a sleight of hand artist, Are three, and all others are vain,

The 1st & the 2nd are practice... And the 3rd one is practice again

- 'Magic of the Hands', Edward Victor (1940)
Simon Bakker
View Profile
Special user
the Netherlands
587 Posts

Profile of Simon Bakker
Dean dill has a nice routine in his intimate miracles book. It isn't a comedy routine though. I forgot the name, but egt teh book. It's great!
erlandish
View Profile
Inner circle
Vancouver, Canada
1254 Posts

Profile of erlandish
Quote:
On 2008-05-19 14:48, JSBLOOM wrote:
Here is one to think about.
If you have a WOW, force the applicable card on one spectator.
Show it as 52-1 in WOW, and see if another spectator can figure out the card they picked.

I think there's a lot of potential with this idea. Does it put too much heat on the gimmick, though?
The Jester Extraordinaire : bderland.com
Ye Olde Magick Blogge : erlandish.blogspot.com
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
You cannot do it with WOW. I have WOW and I'm not going to be specific but it will not work with a 52 on 1.
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
I have wow as well, of course you can do it with a 52 on 1 as JSBLOOM mentioned
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
I have a cute little revelation using the 52 on 1. If you pm me I'll be happy to share it (as long as, if you use it, you send me a few ideas to play with!)

The BEST version of it I have seen has to be Aaron Fisher's. Can't remember what he called it but I LOVED it as soon as I saw it.

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
johnnymajestic
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of johnnymajestic
Yeah, Dean Dill has a great routine in his book called the Emergency Card that uses this. I thinks its a great routine and a real fooler too. check it out!!!

JM
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
If you perform card to wallet, I recommend using this card as a gag. Make a bet with the spectator that his card is in the wallet, before opening it to reveal the 52 on 1 card. After this little byplay, turn over the 52 on 1 card (the back side being blank) and have the words "Look inside the wallet" written on it. You get the idea here... Smile

Or how about forcing this card on the spectator without them realizing that the back side is the 52 on 1 card? Then after some comedy and patter, secretly palm/load their card (back side being the 52 on 1) to the wallet, and continue from there. They can of course keep it as a souveneir too!

Charles
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
There was an OUTSTANDING routine by Bob Sheets in Magic Magazine when he was featured on the cover. I've used it in a number of stand-up shows now and it just kills (it is NOT the throw-away thing he did on one of his recent DVDs - I don't know what that was . . .) It uses a gaffed up envelope to switch out the 52/1 for the named card. Very ballsy routine but once you get it down, it's gold.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Try out "Kicked" from Simon Lovell's SIMON SAYS

Best,
Vlad
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Uses for the 52 on 1 Card: References or tips for Handlings (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL