The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » MIND INDEX ! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Outlaw Effects is proud to present Dr. Bills' new e-book Mind Index. Eight wonderful effects in this 50 plus page manuscript.

You also receive a great video download!

All proceeds go to the creators of the e-books hosted by Outlaw. All payments go directly to the creators.

On my site now!

Rick
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Looks like it should be awesome. Now, I really need to figure out what to buy next.
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Hi folks,

Thanks for the kind words. Mind Index started cybershipping (did I invent a new word Smile?) literally minutes ago!

Good Thoughts,

Bill
StrangeMagick
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of StrangeMagick
Just ordered mine ... review to come.

Dave Birtwell
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Mind Index has some great routines in it and some wonderful presentations. A great blend of routines that you can do with common index cards.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1041 Posts

Profile of deputy
Looks very interesting. I might have to pick this up this weekend.
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
I got a chance to puruse the initial writing of this, and have no doubt that the "polished, finished" version is something that will be a class act.

Bill's offerings are VERY well thoguht out, and certainly underpriced. More thoughts to follow soon!

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Thanks folks, so far the response has been great. Just a note to people who skim ads; every effect in Mind Index can be peformed with yours or borrowed business cards as well. Some with paper and pen.

The effect "Mind Index" itself requires materials that can't be accused of being marked so the blank side of index cards made the most sense at the time. Of course you could borrow 10 business cards from someone else but that seems a bit presumptous and limiting!

In any case, besides performing these effects with Index Cards, still my preferred mode for most, there are some very cool things you can do with you business cards as well. Just wanted to let you all know.

Best,

Bill
ipe
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of ipe
Any reviews?
What would a real mindreader do?
StrangeMagick
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of StrangeMagick
I will post a review after I get a chance to read it ... but I'm tied up for at least the next several days.

Dave
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
Having had the good fortune of getting a copy of Dr. Bill's 'Mind Index' I just wanted to chime in "this is good stuff" !

If you are searching for some completely new it is not here.. but if you are looking for solid presentations with strong psychological hooks you can do no better than Mind Index.

Persoanl favorites are 'Heart to Heart' and 'Seven Deadly Sins' ... just the way it draws your guest into a more meaningful event is worth leanring.

Kudos Bill ...

- Nicodemus
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
bahamagician
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of bahamagician
I've just got through reading this book and I have to say it's full of great routines and ideas. Not only are the routines useable in real world situations, but the thinking behind them has given me food for thought. The guided imagination process is simmilar to something I have encountered before, but Dr. Bill has actually managed to build it into the methodology of the routines as opposed to just an aside.

My favorite routine was Song & Dance, followed closely by Seven Deadly Sins and Mind Index. Dr. Bill mentions that some of these routines can be done close up with business cards, but he forgot to mention that some of the material can work on the stage as well. I do a show six nights a week and I am always on the look out for good material. I can honestly say that I can see myself performing the Song & Dance routine in my show.

-=Chris
StrangeMagick
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of StrangeMagick
Unfortunately, I've only had a chance to read just a few pages so far (I'm REALLY busy at my day job) and am proofing a bizarre magick text for a friend. Will post my reviews hopefully soon!

Dave
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Hi Nico and Chris,

Thanks for the complimentary reviews. It is interesting to me to find out what appeals to different people. I did my best to include material so there would be something, in terms of effects, for different tastes. And I like to think, as Chris mentioned about the Guided Imagination Process, that there is information that is useful to any mentalist in that it can be applied across the board to performance.

Chris's comment about my not mentioning stage performance is on the money. I guess I'm from that old school that assumes everyone realizes billet material can translate to larger venues given the proper staging and performance. Stuart Cumberland's material, especially his Annemann work and King of the Billets, conveys this point very strongly.

Millard and I have often talked about 7 Deadly Sins being flexible enough to be done as a stage piece. I'm especially glad to see this effect finding favor because it is my favorite out of the batch and gave me the opportunity to explain many aspects of how I approach "the work."

By the way, I am having serious email problems at just the wrong time! If anyone has not recieved an order or got their order sans video, and is reading this, please PM me. I should have everything worked out in the next day or so.

Thanks again for all the kind words and good thoughts.

Best,

Bill
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
As Bill as mentioned, all these routines could be used in just about any venue. At times some seem like they are better suited for intimate performances, but with minor tweaking they can be presented to much larger crowds.
Think about Song & Dance. You could do it in a larger pseudo psychometry routine. Five people supply their phones. You proceed to fine which phone belongs to which person. The last one is now a special ending one because you now know who it belongs to so you decide to go one step further with it: Song & Dance.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
My first thoughts, "WOW, Dr. Bill and Millard!"

The video of AN is great. The book is packed full of quality material. I've just got the new glasses and was amazed at what originally looked like little drawings an optical illusions are actually words. Who'd a thunk?

I'm just going through the book now (since I can see again) and am blown away at the routines and ideas expressed. No favorites yet, I have to finish it and digest it. But since everything here that is done with index cards can also be done with business cards, I'm very much excited over this.

Thank you Bill and Millard!

Tony Iacoviello
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
I just got it.
started doing the skim read
I will spend more time reading it during the week.
I must say that it looks like full of great stuff.
There are few people that I always trust when they publish something.
Bill is in that list among the top 5

good luck
Lior
The Lior Touch
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
A.G.
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver- Canada
960 Posts

Profile of A.G.
I have read through this great e-book more than once. The first time as a performer and I was smiling because these are all fun and entertaining routines that I knew would play well. The next time I read through I put myself in the mindset of an audience member and imagine how they would feel being on the recieving end of these routines... again a quality feeling came over me.

In times where many are looking for a better method then and effect, Mind Index offer you what you really need, entertaining, fun ,and mysterious presentations.

Thanks for this Bill
AG
Well then...
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
I'm very tempted but need a little more convincing to part with my cash.
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Looks like I need to send Uncle Sal over! Where do you live Andi?

Thank you AG! You captured very succinctly what I wanted to share with Mind Index.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » MIND INDEX ! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL