The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Dice/Chop cup (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Seth
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Seth
Hey, do you guys know if such a combo exists? It sounds like something that would be cool. If it doesn't exist anyone know how I can get one made?

A dice stacking cup that doubles as a chop cup and then you could have magnetic dice.
BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
I don't believe I've heard of one, you'd have to just get a chop cup and have the dice made up, mind you a die will tend to 'talk' in a chop cup.
Anyway good luck with your search.

Cheers

Billy
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
I think Mike Rogers has a dice cup that is also a chop cup. It is made of leather. As he is no longer with us, I'm not too sure where to find it. You might want to check with Stevens Emporium.
Bernard Sim
Seth
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Seth
Hey, thanks for the info Bernard. I think that's why I was thinking of this combo, as I probably read something about the Roger's cup. It sounds like a great idea by Mike Rogers.
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
Tannen made a leather cup in the 70's - actually modified a beautiful Italian leather cup with two dice embossed on the leather in gold - deep burgundy leather - that was a chop cup and could be used for stacking - it is the one I use all the time. I've had it for 25 years and it still looks like new!

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
Seth
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Seth
That sounds great Mr. Chosse... I'll look up Tannens website.
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
Madblood Creations released a dice/chop cup combo in the 80's. It was sold a lot at Disney World resorts when the magic shop craze there was dice stacking. In face, they actually had dice made to fit the cup perfectly.
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Växjö,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
I once did a dice chop cup that was magnetic without a magnet.
Just take any dice cup and finger palm a smal magnet. I used a set of loaded dice where the load was magnetic so I didn't have to do anything to it I'm not sure every set workes this way. Now you can do a clean chop cup routine with out having a chop cup.
You can use this principle with other cups as well. Try a stayrofoam cup and a bottle cap it works great.

Jonas Karlsson
Vibono Magic
Sweden
Vibono Mirage
Magic entertainer and Balloon artist
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Get a leather dice cup and a couple of circular pieces of leather that will fit in the bottom of it. Then get a nice neodymium disc magnet, cut a hole to fit it in one piece of leather. Glue this piece of leather inside the cup and glue the neo magnet in place. Now glue the other piece of leather on top of it. Now you have exactly what you were looking for.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I have a Mike Rogers dice/chop cup and also the leather one Chosse talks about. The latter were made in Italy and Unique studio, in London, years ago sold them. But, you can make your own easily.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Dice/Chop cup (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL