The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2008 entrée: Rudy Coby » » Rudy Lecture » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I spoke to the old Newburgh and Middletown club (actually Cornwall), and they wondered if you ever lectured? I would have you in Orlando/Leesburg Fl, as well.
Ever coming state-side?

I am still finding young Rudy memorabilia in my magic warehouse. A few pictures and your red Zombie ball so far.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
That would be really cool. I am a member of cornwall.
-Matt
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
You know that Rudy was one of the first S.A.M. members of the assembly #147. Rudy won Magician of the year 2 or three times when we had our annual contest. I think he was 11 or 12 at the time.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
We had a pleasure to have Rudy as one of our lectures at Magic days in Kouvola around 5 years ago or so. It was and still is one of the best lectures that I have ever seen.

Instead of just teaching tricks he went to give out tons of valuable advices on how to be good and orginal and how to develop whole career around 3 minutes and so on.

And for trick monkeys he also tipped some very orginal magic from his walk around years.

Juha-Matti
Rudy Coby
View Profile
V.I.P.
210 Posts

Profile of Rudy Coby
I think the next lecture I will do will include some actual tricks like I 'tipped' at the lecture you're talking about.

The reaction I got from just talking about a few things was something I hadn't expected, but those routines were reputation makers for me and I think sometimes using real tricks as specific examples makes the points clearer.
CDS
View Profile
Regular user
MI
109 Posts

Profile of CDS
I hope the next lecture you do ... you come by the Michigan area... I have only seen clips of the stuff you do ... and hear about your show ... it would be great to see you perform for the public.

Chuck
Rudy Coby
View Profile
V.I.P.
210 Posts

Profile of Rudy Coby
At some point I'd like to take a few weeks off and do a bunch of lectures all over - I always have a lot of fun doing them.
MAGICofSeth
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of MAGICofSeth
Please come to Oregon.
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
Hi Rudy,

We met in Hollywood years ago at professional Performers Workshop. We talked briefly before you did your lecture. If you do have a tour please contact me for the Tampa Bay Area (Florida). I will definitely set up a lecture for the Tampa Bay Magic Club. Over 140 members.

Mark Byrne
Program Coordinator
Tampa Bay Magic Club
"World's Greatest Magic Club"
http://www.tampabaymagicclub.com
(727) 742-6713
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
Rudy Coby
View Profile
V.I.P.
210 Posts

Profile of Rudy Coby
Sounds really great guys.

I'll send you my email and contact number.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2008-07-12 14:49, Bad to the Balloon wrote:
Hi Rudy,

We met in Hollywood years ago at professional Performers Workshop. We talked briefly before you did your lecture. If you do have a tour please contact me for the Tampa Bay Area (Florida). I will definitely set up a lecture for the Tampa Bay Magic Club. Over 140 members.

Mark Byrne
Program Coordinator
Tampa Bay Magic Club
"World's Greatest Magic Club"
http://www.tampabaymagicclub.com
(727) 742-6713

I can coordinate with Mark and book you in Leesburg, fl that same time frame.
Magic-Ian
magicians@aol.com
http://www.magicians.tv
http://www.magicians.ws
Rudy Coby
View Profile
V.I.P.
210 Posts

Profile of Rudy Coby
Thank you everyone for this - we'll coordinate this stuff after this week.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2008 entrée: Rudy Coby » » Rudy Lecture » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL