The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Best Paul Gordon book? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
PaulGordon
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of PaulGordon
Not a bad idea...I think!?

See you in Eastbourne. Do you recall the grafitti on the blue motorway sign over the M20: The true wording said, "Dover and Folkestone for the continent." The grafitti artiste added, "Eastbourne and Worthing for the incontinent!" That's funny....

And, I live in Worthing...

Paul
Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
864 Posts

Profile of Leo Reynolds Jr
Paul got you new book today what great service you have. Can't believe overseas mail only takes three days.

I'm still working on Card Collective a lot of great effects in there. I also have become fond of Emulsion Cards. Just love how much interest the antique cards generate with the spectators and how easy it is to do.

Have to take a look at Cool Card Stuff this weekend my wife is shuffling off to Buffalo and I'll have the weekend to myself. I'll post a review when I get finished.

Thanks Again
Magically Leo Jr.
PaulGordon
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of PaulGordon
Dear Leo,

Wow...that WAS very FAST! I can't believe it only took 3 days, either...

Hope you enjoy COOL CARD STUFF and find lots of "stuff" to USE!

Emulsion Cards is very easy...and pretty! Thanks,

PG
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Dear Leo,

I TRY to be right as much as I can! Thanks for trusting my suggestions about Paul Gordon's books Smile

To Paul: Ack, it is UNFAIR that you keep putting these books out when I have just sunk 4000.00 USD into a new music workstation for my studio!! I am going to be putting up free - and royalty free original music available to Café members ONLY this year as a way of saying thank you.

Paul, keep up the EXCELLENT work! I WILL catch up this Autumn Smile

Best to you both,
Vlad
PaulGordon
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of PaulGordon
Thanks, Vlad...

Good luck with the studio and I hope it works out well for you. At $4000 - it darned well needs to! Smile

Best, PG
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Paul,

With the equipment I have, I have exponentially more tools at my disposal than the legendary best ever best there ever WILL be Beatles. Problem is, they are great, I am merely pretty good Smile Instruments do not make the musician, the musician does, just as cards don't make the magician. But, I aim high. Why not? You aimed high and it worked for you!!

I hope magicians will find my music a welcome addition to their acts Smile

Now back to my re-reading of Card Magic Companion.

Best,
Vlad

PS Thanks again for the great single deck handling of Darwin Ortiz's Psychotronic Card! Actually, thanks for ALL of your work!
PaulGordon
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of PaulGordon
Very good thinking. My mother used to say (God rest her soul), "Aim for the stars, and you may reach the Moon!" Well done...and good luck.

Best, Paul Gordon
n00dles
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of n00dles
I've met Paul a few times at lectures and his card capers session this year and have to agree, top man, top card magic.

My current favourites are Cardistry, Card Collective & both the Second 16th Card books.

He's got a great 2 disc DVD which is never far from my DVD player.
PaulGordon
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of PaulGordon
Thank you, n00dles...

Who are you, by the way?

Paul Gordon
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
I keep changing my mind about which PG book is my favourite.

One minute it's Protean card magic, the next it's Cause and Effect. There are just so many great routines to choose from.

By the way, I've just seen a copy of Cause and Effect go for £127 on ebay! Surely a reflection of the value of Paul's work. I'm guessing C&E is now out of print to go for such a high price?
n00dles
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of n00dles
Hi Paul

Jason here, almost finished the new book Cool Card Stuff book, well done again, another winner.
PaulGordon
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of PaulGordon
Dear Andi,

Cause And Effect went out of print (sold 3000 copies) in 2001. But, if it was £127 on ebay - I wish I had a copy to sell!

Dear Jason,

Glad you like COOL CARD STUFF - I think it's one of my best efforts. See you in May; maybe before...

Best to both, Paul Gordon
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Wow, only 3,000 copies. I thought you would have sold a lot more.

Maybe that's why it sold for such a high price on ebay because it's so rare.

Please don't reprint!
PaulGordon
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of PaulGordon
Hi Andi,

No, I won't - I promise! I still think, however, my books since then (since C&E in 1998) are much better; I really do! (Things like: Cardistry, Card Collective, Card Magic Companion, Second 16th Card Books, Cool Card Stuff, The Keeper Card Book etc., etc.)

PG
Richard Hatch
View Profile
Regular user
Logan Utah
127 Posts

Profile of Richard Hatch
Quote:
On 2008-08-10 05:42, Andi Peters wrote:
By the way, I've just seen a copy of Cause and Effect go for £127 on ebay! Surely a reflection of the value of Paul's work. I'm guessing C&E is now out of print to go for such a high price?

Andi, could you post a link to that sale? I can't find it on eBay. Or just the eBay listing number. Thanks.
Richard Hatch
www.HatchAcademy.com
PaulGordon
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of PaulGordon
Dear Richard,

I can't find it either, but I once saw "C&E" advertised for £150 ($300) on Abebooks.

Hope you are well...

Paul Gordon
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2008-08-10 16:23, Richard Hatch wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-08-10 05:42, Andi Peters wrote:

Andi, could you post a link to that sale? I can't find it on eBay. Or just the eBay listing number. Thanks.

Hi Richard

I saw it a couple of weeks ago so the listing may have been removed. I'll keep an eye out for another as I'm always on ebay.

Looks like £127 was a bargain compared to £150 Paul!

I wish I had bought a few more copies before they all sold out.

I might end up selling mine, credit crunch and all. However, not just yet!

Andi.
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
You can still get it wholesale apparently

http://www.murphysmagic.com/s.nl/id.428/.f
ggarcia
View Profile
Veteran user
San Antonio Tx
395 Posts

Profile of ggarcia
I have about 5 of pauls books and I love them all. there are some hidden gems in each of them. I havent really bought anything in the last two years. My wife and I had a daughter a yr ago so since she found out she was pregnant dec 06 all my magic money has gone for baby girly stuff. It seems I have missed some of pauls new stuff. does anyone has a list of his recently releases.
PaulGordon
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of PaulGordon
Dear ggarcia,

Congratulations on your baby Girl...yes, expensive business! But, what's more important? Children or magic!? Smile

My recent stuff can be seen at http://www.paulgordon.net/acatalog - books, dvd's & tricks. You can order online and look at the "special offers" page, too.

Best, Paul Gordon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Best Paul Gordon book? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL