The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » About The New York Magic Project (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

emeline
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of emeline
Hi all.

I'm wondering what is exactly the New York Magic Project http://www.newyorkmagicproject.com.
Is it a Magic club ? etc. There is a banner on the forum and I know that the 'Got A Light' Dvd, by Matt Wayne, is producted by the New York Magic Project.

Emeline.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Hi Emeline! Thanks for your interest in The New York Magic Project! I can understand why there might be some confusion at the moment about what exactly the company is all about, seeing as our site has not fully launched yet.

Ultimately, we are a production company. Our primary focus will be instructional DVDs, but we'll also be bringing other props and items to the marketplace. We are currently working with the USPC to bring a new Bicycle deck to the market later this year.

I started the company, and gave it this particular name, because it seemed to me that most of the attention in the magic community (at least here in the US) gets focused on Vegas and LA. Living in New York, I see all of the great performers who work daily, and the great material they create, as well as the thriving community.

I wanted to bring some attention to that, so the company will be highly focused on showcasing the talents of New York-based magicians, as well as other magic-related things around the area.

'Got a Light?' is our first DVD release. It's a pretty unique twist on the classic three shell game, which fits very well with the New York theme, as it's not uncommon to see Monte players scattered throughout the city. Matt Wayne, the creator of the effect and star of the DVD, also lives here in Manhattan.

The official site, http://www.newyorkmagicproject.com will be changing very soon from our "coming soon" page and going live for all to see.

Thanks so much for your interest, and please don't hesitate to contact me if there's anything I can do for you!

Kevin
President,
The New York Magic Project
Kevin Reylek
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Kevin is there any info you could give us on this new deck you're coming out with??
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Hi Agent61

We're going to remain tight-lipped about what exactly the new deck is for just a little bit longer.

Thanks for your interest though, and you can bet that we'll be posting about it on our site and here in the Café when the time is right!

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Hey Kevin,

This seems as good a thread as any to congratulate you on this launch. It took me a while to realize that your first product was called "Got a Light," so I only recently figured out that this was the NYMP launch. Glad to see that the debut has been so well received and I'll also be looking forward to all the future stuff.

Scott
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Hey Scott! Thanks very much! Hope to run into you again soon!

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Quote:
On 2008-07-27 21:15, Mercury52 wrote:
Hi Agent61

We're going to remain tight-lipped about what exactly the new deck is for just a little bit longer.

Thanks for your interest though, and you can bet that we'll be posting about it on our site and here in the Café when the time is right!

Kevin

Can't blame a guy for asking. lol
I'll be on the look out for it then.
Thanks for you're response!

James
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Nope, can't blame you at all!

I am VERY excited about the new deck, as it's been a very personal project for many many months.

Take care!

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I now use Got A Light. It has all the impact of the 3 shell game or 3 card Monte, but with a twist. And it's so easy. You could carry the ligths in your wallet if you wanted and be ready to go at a moments notice.

I have a review here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109

The amount of thought that went into the DVD is impressive. Performances are filmed wide angle and closeup, so that you can see the work clearly. And there are subtitles for our brothers and sisters that have hearing challenges.

Subtitles is a very time consuming, daunting task. For a company to have that as a priority on its first release speaks volumes about their commitment to excellence.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Hi Chris! I'm so glad that Got a Light has found it's way into your working rep!

I really appreciate your comments on the DVD. Matt and I both put a lot of thought into what we wanted in the DVD. The subtitle thing was a very conscious decision, and one that I briefly rode the fence about. They took ages to do, and each word was typed out by yours truly!

We are happy with the responses we're getting about the subtitles though, so they will continue to remain a standard feature on all future NYMP releases.

The website is so close to launching I can almost taste it! Not much longer now at all!

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
A bit of news for everyone...

http://www.newyorkmagicproject.com will be going live in just about 2.5 hours time! The official launch will be at Midnight Eastern time, as we change over from July 30 to July 31.

A big thanks to my web team for all of their hard work on putting the site together and getting it up and running! I couldn't have done it without them!

The wait will soon be over! Please come by the site and check it out! (and feel free to place an order while you're there too!)

Thanks all!

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Hi everyone! We're now LIVE and ready to take orders and ship them world-wide!

There's also a bit of info about our upcoming products for the rest of 2008, so make sure to check them out!

http://www.newyorkmagicproject.com
Kevin Reylek
solareflipz
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Fl
308 Posts

Profile of solareflipz
Congrats with the launch Kevin! Why don't you tell everyone about your deck that's...*gets shot in the head by Kevin*

-Sean
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
The site looks great. I signed up for the newsletter:
http://www.newyorkmagicproject.com/newsletter.htm

From an original New Yorker, here's wishing you the geratest success!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Hi everyone! I just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the great response we've received for the launch of newyorkmagicproject.com and Got a Light!

I really appreciate everyone coming by the site and keeping me so busy for the past couple of days! It really has been wonderful!

Keep the feedback coming!

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Hard to believe, but it's already been a month since the launch of http://www.newyorkmagicproject.com !

I just wanted to stop by and thank everyone for making it such a great opening month. The feedback for Got a Light has been fantastic, and people are actually USING the effect in their professional repertoires, which seems to be an increasingly rare phenomenon in this day and age!

Thanks to all, keep the feedback coming, and stay tuned for more great releases coming later this year!

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I just wanted to stop by and let everybody know that we've started a new perk for our newsletter subscribers! Each month (whether we happen to send out a newsletter or not) we'll be randomly picking someone from our subscriber list to win a free NYMP DVD!

We haven't picked our September winner yet, so sign up today, and it could be you!

Winners will be contacted directly, and then announced in a follow-up newsletter (IE - The September winner will be mentioned in an October newsletter, and so forth).

http://www.newyorkmagicproject.com/newsletter.htm

Good luck!

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Just a quick update that details of our new deck will be released on June 9. Sign up for the NYMP newsletter to be among the first to get the scoop!

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Hi everyone! The deck has been unveiled!

http://www.leftydeck.com

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Holy smokes! It's been exactly 2 years since we launched the NYMP website! Thanks to all who have supported us! There's lots more still to come!

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » About The New York Magic Project (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL