The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Easy Money + Variations (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
I forgot that there were also
a folding article about magic corresponding to:
"you could pay 20$ for a magic trick but it doesn't make you a magician"
and a folding article about a good restaurant
"you can buy the ingredients for a great meal with 50$ but it doesn't make you a chef"

I knew there were six bills but I couldn't remember what the other two were about.
By the way there is on the net a photo of the performance of this PAPER TO CURRENCY trick at the FFFF in 2003 at http://www.gerardenterprises.com/03DAY3.html
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
James Fortune
View Profile
Special user
UK
509 Posts

Profile of James Fortune
Hi Jeff,

An excellent overview. Well done.

Unfortunately, I'm old enough to have seen Fred Kapps lecture in London and have the lecture notes with his Newspaper To Money in it. I did it for years.

Then Bob King came up with Dollarama which allowed showing both sides before and after the change. Furthermore, it was made with million dollar bills so worked very well in the UK. Check out: http://bobkingmagic.com/GenMagic.htm

I got SLOW BURN but wasn't very impressed but EXTREME BURN looks a lot better. I'll have to look into that. Smile
Warmest regards
James

James Fortune MIMC
www.comedymagiciansurrey.co.uk
www.bestweddingmagician.co.uk
Aspinalls
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Aspinalls
Hi Folks,

I am looking to create my own version of Hundy 500.

In the UK all Bills/Notes are different sizes and I am finding paper to money difficult to do. I am not too sure that the Gimmick isn't given away by the massive difference in colour .

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to tackle this problem. Has anyone tried it with UK notes and has a better idea?

Cheers
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Thanks for the comments!
JeffHall
View Profile
Regular user
Davis, California
161 Posts

Profile of JeffHall
I have Patrick Pages easy money DVD. I've reading about Extreme Burn and I would like to know something. Is EB better than EM? Is EB really better than EM?
thanks, Jeff
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I personally think Extreme Burn is the way to go on the multiple bill switch plot.
Magicmike221
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
612 Posts

Profile of Magicmike221
Quote:
On 2009-02-05 09:36, Aspinalls wrote:
Hi Folks,

I am looking to create my own version of Hundy 500.

In the UK all Bills/Notes are different sizes and I am finding paper to money difficult to do. I am not too sure that the Gimmick isn't given away by the massive difference in colour .

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to tackle this problem. Has anyone tried it with UK notes and has a better idea?

Cheers

I would also like to know if anyone has had luck with UK notes...Obviously the notes/bills need to be trimmed a little but has anyone made a gimmick either for GREED/ EXTREME BURN/HEINY 500/HUNDY 500 etc using Uk notes?
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
So...
I get to add to my original post.
If you could edit it I would, but I can't.

Visceral: Derek Roberts, the man who brought us Departure, publishes his handling on Easy Money. Unlike many other variations, this one is done at chest level.
-HERE is Derek Roberts teaching this on DVD.
VIDEO: HERE is the official demo for this effect.
Aspinalls
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Aspinalls
Magicman4646 -

Thank you for the update, this version also looks good.

You really are creating the definitive guide. nice work, keep it up!

Cheers,
Aspinalls
clamon86
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of clamon86
Amen!!
I applaud your efforts on researching all this history for one of the best close-up effects with bills every created.
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2009-04-12 03:31, clamon86 wrote:
Amen!!
I applaud your efforts on researching all this history for one of the best close-up effects with bills every created.

I second that !
Ralph
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Thanks for all the kind words!
Aspinalls
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Aspinalls
Fellow Magic Café Memebers,

Regarding UK Notes for EB.

I have been using magazine clippings (for £20) and this has, so far, turned out well.

I am unable to find notes to match UK £20. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Cheers,

A.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Foreign Exchange: A marketed item from Jim Pace, uses the same gimmick as Patrick Page’s “Easy Money”.
-I was not able to find this marketed item anywhere.

Money for Nothin' and Tricks for Free: This by Phil Cass of Australia and is also virtually identical to “Easy Money”.
-HERE is a place where Phil's lecture notes can be found, "OH NO! NOT A MAGICIAN!!", which contains this effect.

Dollarama:: A marketed item from Bob King. It is based on Fred Kaps’s “Flash Cash”, but the gimmick has been changed a bit so the moment of transformation is altered slightly.
-HERE is one place you can get this marketed effect.

Lotto Cash: This is by Peter Studebaker. It is similar to Kaps’s “Flash Cash”—a handful of lottery tickets turns into a handful of dollar bills. However, the bills are attached to the gimmick at an angle, giving the transformation a slightly different look. An added advantage is that the tickets and bills can be different sizes.
-HERE is one place you can buy his DVD, "Classic Studebaker", which contains this effect.
VIDEO: HERE is the demo clip to the DVD.

Dubya’s Tax Rebate: This is a marketed version of Kaps’s “Flash Cash”. Blank pieces of paper change into novelty $200 bills with George W. Bush’s portrait.
-I was not able to find this marketed item anywhere.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
HandOut 500: This is a marketed bill switch by Steve Haynes. It utilizes a new gimmick, which takes away the extra thickness of the bills. Also, you can now handout all five bills after the change. You also show both sides of the bills as they change.
-HERE is the place you can purchase HandOut 500. It's a DVD containing HandOut 500 plus a bonus effect. It's a "Paul Harris Presents" release.
VIDEO: HERE is the demo video for HandOut 500.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I just preordered it. I love extreme burn, and hope this will take it to a new level. I'm not sure about the quarter fold of the bills before the change. I have no idea about the method, but the thought of handing out the $100.00 bills has me intrigued. Always looking for the best and most practical!
Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
710 Posts

Profile of Vogler
Do you perform easy money as a close up a trick? Stage? or stand up? I like it and I want to add to my act but I have seen it only on stage. Its an awesome effect!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I believe Pat Page's Easy Money may have been derived from Bert Allerton's "Bamboozle" effect in Stars of Magic book.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2018, Juliano wrote:
Do you perform easy money as a close up a trick? Stage? or stand up? I like it and I want to add to my act but I have seen it only on stage. Its an awesome effect!

I think you are confused. Easy Money is and always has been a close up effect. I suppose it could be presented on stage or standup, but it would not be as effective.

I like Fred Kaps better then any of the other versions.
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
710 Posts

Profile of Vogler
When I was a kid I saw the trick from the TV and it stucked to my mind : https://youtu.be/3uYbCo1sURE
At 1:17 he performs the routine on stage in a very clean way.. I think it is a trick for all conditions. I'am working on it to polish it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Easy Money + Variations (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL