We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The April 2003 entrée: Nathan Kranzo » » Your new DVD » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
Hey nate, it's great to have you here at the Café. I love your Out of the Box Dvd, and I like how you think. You, Jay Sankey, and Paul Harris influence my style of creativity in magic so much. That said, I was curious if you could delight us with some of the new effects that will be appearing on your newest DVD.

Thanks,
Ben
Check out my new effect "As Good As It Gets" a gimmickles pencil or pen through bill effect. It closely mimmicks the slow motion phase of "Misled." About "As Good AS It Gets" for no gimmicks and everything being borrowed.
http://www.magic-notes.com/th
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2757 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Hi Ben,

Thanks for coming, and thanks for your compliments.

I'm very excited about my new DVD. It's a lot more entertaining to watch because a great deal of it was shot live at a night club. I had some great guys to help me like Chris Korn and John Kennedy.

They were on set to make suggestions, and critique.

It features a couple of my pet effects that I have been using for some time.

I think "The Runaway Card" will find its way into a lot of card workers repetoir. My two favorite effects are Melting Coins, and The Voodoo Card.

The DVD is done and being duplicated as we speak. Should be in my hands in just a couple of weeks.

Just drop me a message and I'll be glad to answer any and all questions.

Best,

Nathan
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
Thanks Nate for the reply. I didn't know it was already up on the site. There are descriptions for all the effects, except for the voodoo card. Could you tell us about that?
Check out my new effect "As Good As It Gets" a gimmickles pencil or pen through bill effect. It closely mimmicks the slow motion phase of "Misled." About "As Good AS It Gets" for no gimmicks and everything being borrowed.
http://www.magic-notes.com/th
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2757 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Hi Ben,

I don't want to give to many details away, but it was Inspired by the works of Sterenko, Hollingworth, and Sankey.

I fell in love with Guy Hollingworth's routine, and wanted a way to do it off the cuff. I'm very happy with the result.

Best,,

Nathan
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3543 Posts

Profile of Turk
Nathan,

Welcome to the Magic Café forum. I am absolutely delighted to have made your acquaintance--even if only via this virtual mode.

I just went to your web site for the first time. Very nice Flash usage! Very nice layout and easy navigation.

I also took a look at your video clip demos and the audio clip. I assume the 1st clip was from your "Out of the Box" DVD (?). What is the name of the second effect (the one with the Chinese coin to brass slug, and is it a separate routine you sell or is it in any of your manuscripts/books/lecture notes/DVDs?

Same question for the phone book test mentioned in the audio clip.

I was, of course, impressed with the effects listed on your two DVDs. I was also impressed with the various effects that you sell in manuscript form. Do you have any thoughts about incorporating many of these
"manuscript only" effects into a video and selling at a premium price ($100 or so)?

Maybe even including the separate manuscripts (in a compilation book form) WITH the video at an even more premium price (such as $150.00)? Or, maybe, including a SEPARATE CD-ROM of each "separate manuscript" effect at $10.00/CD-ROM and having such CD-ROMs only being sold with the particular manuscript for that particular effect?

Why do I ask? Simple.

I have found that I learn best via video as opposed to books. When I read, my mind keeps wandering off into "what if" scenarios and/or I keep losing my place in the book as I try to duplicate the "handling" being described. When I'm watching a video, I am able to concentrate 100% on the video.

I ALSO like the fact that a video allows a person to see a routine being done CORRECTLY and at proper speed. It is darn tough (and frustrating) "learning" a move incorrectly and it's even tougher to unlearn an improper/incorrect move or handling.

Thanks for any info in these regards. And again, welcome.

Turk
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
stache
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of stache
Hey Nate.

I was reading the descriptions of the tricks that will be on the new DVD and I have to say that I don't think I have ever seen you do any of these tricks. Are you holding out on me? Oh wait, I have seen you do your Voodoo card, I just saw that in the bonus section of the descriptions. Next time I see you, there better be a whole lot of visual voodoo going on. I really wanna see Melting Coins and Mugger they sound REALLY cool.

Brandon
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2757 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Hi Turk,

Great questions!

The Chinese coin effect on my site is un-published. It's a change I created that is based on a David Harkey idea.

The radio clip is from a Phone book prediction that is a Tony Miller idea. I'll ask Tony if he's willing to share....

As for your comments about cd rom and video....

I think they are all great recommendations. Now I just need the time to do it!

Best,

Nathan

P.S. yes Brandon.... I'm holding out.

KranzoMagic.com
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2932 Posts

Profile of niva
Hi Nate,
It's great to talk to you. I visited your site and was looking for the video where you have the effect of the moving sun tan. I couldn't find it? Is it still available?

Thanks a lot and keep it up!!!

Ivan Smile
Yours,

Ivan
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2757 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Nope!

Sorry Niva. Check out the other thread on The Tan Line for more info.

Thanks,

Nathan

Smile

KranzoMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The April 2003 entrée: Nathan Kranzo » » Your new DVD » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL