The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Need help printing red gaffs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
I've got a new Kodak printer which I'm using to print gaffs. I'm able to print black very well (as one might expect). I am stripping the finish, printing, then reapplying the finish. My problem is when I'm trying to print red cards the red comes out a few shades darker than the original card that is being gaffed. I'm scanning it in and it looks right on the monitor but it just comes out a little too dark on the printer.

I can't edit the color any more red since the color (for the techno-savvy) is 255,0,0 (pure red). Does anyone have any tips to help me get a better red? Thanks.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
See this thread:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rt=30#14

Unfortunately, red is the hardest color to match and there's not much that can be done. Even if you match the shade, it often doesn't have the vibrance and "pop" that the actual cards do.
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
893 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
Forget the injet/home printing.

One word...Screen Printing.

I have a friend who does some screen printing, I gave hime a picture off my business card and they looked like they came from the factory.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
Have you tried this method to print a playing card? Does your friend have one of those silk screening kits from the craft supply store or does he do screen printing professionally? Did you have to pay for the printing (not all of us have friends in the business and would have to pay a shop for this service)? If so, how much did it cost to have the card printed using this method?

Oh, by the way... that's TWO words! Smile
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Thanks, Bob. I noticed the thread just after posting this. And you already beat me to the questions I had for dinger.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
893 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
Quote:
On 2008-08-13 16:06, magicbob116 wrote:
Have you tried this method to print a playing card? Does your friend have one of those silk screening kits from the craft supply store or does he do screen printing professionally? Did you have to pay for the printing (not all of us have friends in the business and would have to pay a shop for this service)? If so, how much did it cost to have the card printed using this method?

Oh, by the way... that's TWO words! Smile

The printing we did was testing/trial so it didn't cost me anything. Depending on what you wanted, I am sure that he would give a decent fair price. He has professional equipment, he has a business in promotional items, etc. If you are intereted and have details on what you may be interested in, let me know.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Need help printing red gaffs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL