The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Portable PA system (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zakari Asiago
View Profile
Regular user
Panhandle of Florida
183 Posts

Profile of Zakari Asiago
Hey Everyone,
I need your help. I am looking for a portable PA system that will do the following:
Play music, can hook up a headset mic to, and is truly portable. I am trying to frame a walk-around act. So, this system would be best if I could wear it. Is there anything like this out there? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. PVTs ok.
Zakari Asiago

401 South Ave.

Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547
Mike Melito
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Mike Melito
Not sure of the music part, but Ickle Pickle had a nice and cheap voice amplifier that is battery operated and worn on a belt.
Zakari Asiago
View Profile
Regular user
Panhandle of Florida
183 Posts

Profile of Zakari Asiago
Thanks. I have one that is put out by Top Hat Productions called Big Mouth Voice Amplifier. The unit would be great except it only can play music or voice, but not at the same time. I went to a music store, and we tried several different cables. We still couldn't get it to play both.
Zakari Asiago

401 South Ave.

Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547
Brainbu$ter
View Profile
Veteran user
Indianapolis, IN
326 Posts

Profile of Brainbu$ter
I am looking for the same thing.
Last night I did a party where there was a DJ performing in the same large room.
For 2+ hours straight, I had to yell my patter.
This is not the first time this sort of situation has happened.

The magic simply does not work if they cannot hear my voice.
I'm looking for a portable voice amplifier--like a hands-free megaphone.

I'd also prefer if it didn't have an obvious microphone--more like a lapel microphone.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Brainbu$ter -

For a wearable system, Google the phrase "Waistband Amplifier".

Here's one: http://happieamp.com/jr-pro.html

BTW, I'm not endorsing this type of system. Just giving you some direction.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Lars
View Profile
New user
Guernsey, UK
22 Posts

Profile of Lars
This is the one I have been using for the last 3 years.

https://www.amazon.com/Croove-Rechargeab......mplifier

I use it for most of my close up magic as there is always music playing and by using this I can be heard by everyone at the table.

It has been very reliable and is very loud and it has an input port (I have not used it) so you should be able to connect a MP3 player to it.

Lars
Brainbu$ter
View Profile
Veteran user
Indianapolis, IN
326 Posts

Profile of Brainbu$ter
Awesome, thanks guys.
Brainbu$ter
View Profile
Veteran user
Indianapolis, IN
326 Posts

Profile of Brainbu$ter
If it helps anyone,
I bought the WinBridge WB001 Ultralight Portable Voice Amplifier.

I did NOT like it.
The mouth must be right next to the microphone for it to pick up anything--whenever I turned my head a bit, no sound.
Also, it is quite large, and blue and white (not black and small and discreet-looking as in the photo).
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I was surfing, and, just found this thread.

I know Zakari, so, I will address this to him (Brainbuster, it's OK if you read it, too.)

I go back to the '40s, when I broke in, in a ten-in-one. (That's a carny side show) The only mike was a hand mike, which we would hand around our necks by the cord. It wasn't the greatest, but, it worked.

When I did strolling jobs, they were mostly hospitality suites for trade shows. There were no 'DJs" back then!, but, there was often enough conversation between the guests, to make it difficult to be heard. A portable PA, would not have been acceptable to the sponsor.

I developed material that was VISUAL. A word or two, sufficed!

Fancy card shuffles, golf ball "manipulation" (Perpetual Ball, visible ball thru silk), rope and ring, and rope knots, coin flourishes, etc. I also used the so called "Slydini" knots, and TT stuff.

I remember working a cocktail hour at a corporate Holiday Party in New Orleans. No DJ, but "piped in" music fairly loud, and the only lighting was from a Christmas tree, and wreaths! I filled an hour (about 150 people) vanishing lit matches in a TT, the card shuffles. and, rope stuff.

The client was pleased! --And, the agent was happy!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Anchor minivox.

Not Cheap but will do what you Want.

one of many links:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/control......tails&Q=
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
I'll share my solution.

However @Lars beat me to it. He linked the Croove that is sold at Amazon.

Small, loud, clear, rechargeable battery.

Mic and MP3 input.

The only weakness is the belt clip, I opened it up and installed a spring steel tape measure belt clip.
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Portable PA system (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL