The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Which Ziglar to get? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wizardofsorts
View Profile
Special user
Chicago, IL
935 Posts

Profile of wizardofsorts
I haven't read any of Zig Ziglar's stuff. Where should I start?
Edd Fairman, Wizard of Sorts is a corporate magician available for your next trade show, hospitality suite, client luncheon, or company event. http://www.wizardofsorts.com
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
I'm all over the Rich Dad Poor Dad stuff... Oh and I just bought Think and Grow Rich through (Audio Book) iTunes. I would highly recommend it!

Fitz
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
Zig Ziglar - See you at the top
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
avimagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Hollywood, Florida
235 Posts

Profile of avimagic
Anything by Zig Ziglar is great. I also recommend Harry Beckwith's Selling the Invisible and Harvey McKay's Swim with the Sharks Without Being Eaten Alive.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Anything by Ziglar is good.

Read enough of him and you may not need anything else.Smile

Tom
avimagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Hollywood, Florida
235 Posts

Profile of avimagic
Tom, that's true from a sales perspective. I added the other two suggestions because:

(1) Beckwith focuses on differentiating yourself from competitors in a field where your potential clients don't know enough to understand that there is a difference ($300 for a birthday party? My neighbor's kid will do it for $75!)

(2) McKay offers a great book on business in general, divided into short lessons. Excellent toilet reading from which you will gain a lot!
MagicalArtist
View Profile
Veteran user
Hobart, Indiana
378 Posts

Profile of MagicalArtist
His audio lecture on goal setting is good. I have it as a tape set from Nightingale-Conant, but you should be able to get it on CD or maybe audiobook nowadays.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Avi, you right, both of those are good too.

Tom
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Got to http://www.nightingale.com/ I like Brian Tracey's material the most.

I do not know about now, but 20 years ago they would send it to you for free. You would have 30 days to buy it or send it back.
LVMagicAL
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of LVMagicAL
Wizard: Tom is right on target when he says "Anything by Zig is good". Start with anything you get your hands on. Sure there are other good and even great books out there, but to answer your query specifically, "Anything you can get your hands on by Zig is money and time well spent. Book form, or audio format...you can't go wrong reading or listening to Ziglar".

I agree with Fitz that when you've absorbed as much Ziglar as possible, Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill should be on your "Absolutely Must Read" list (or listen to in audio format). It's a timeless classic. If one has read and digested "Think and Grow Rich", you will discover that virtually every subsequent self-help book dedicated to launching you to greater heights is nothing more than a re-hash of one or more of the fundamentals taught in Think and Grow Rich. It is indeed the one book no-one should pass up reading, or reading again and again and again. I just started it again for the ......well, probably 15th time in the past 30 years. Each time I re-read it I pick up something new....something that jumps out at me based on my present life situation.

Best of luck in your journey, Wizard!
Gerry Hennessey
View Profile
Special user
852 Posts

Profile of Gerry Hennessey
Zig Ziglar is excellent.

However, having studied many great life and business teachers for over 4O years, I have concluded, (based on my own life's track record), that Jim Rohn's advice and philosophy is outstanding.

GH
"Every discipline effects every other discipline. You can't straighten out the corporation if your closet is a mess" Jim Rohn
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Zig Ziglar is a good starting point to the rest. Following and doing what Zig Ziglar says can make a big difference already. You won't go wrong starting off with him.

Of course the others are super too.

I have quite a huge collection of them too. They are all very sound advices and a lot to learn from.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Which Ziglar to get? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL