The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » The Dark Card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

micromega123
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of micromega123
I just received this. I love the effect; however I'm a little concerned about the gaff. it seems way too strong so it is a bit loud. Anyone one else have this problem or have any suggestions?
Doruk Ãœlgen
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Doruk Ãœlgen
I remember its ad was something like "when you need to fool them badly" . Well its a nice effect (altough it can be achieved simpler or without using gaffs)A faro always seperates the "dark card" if not a second one will definitly seperate. If you are concerned about the noise just try to do the faro while talking.Not give attention while mixing. A one second misdirection will cover it all. Go ahead try it,dont worry.
micromega123
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of micromega123
Doruk, thank you for your response! it separates, it's just that it gets stuck at the end because it is still connected I have to lift the entire upper portion of the deck to disengage it. Also the handling I am using is to riffle up the inner end of the deck to enact the separation, which is definately noisier than the faro, but works well in terms of how the effect is presented.
Mark005
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Mark005
I have done the full routine, with the wallet, for many years.

You may have to "work" the card in a bit, but it should be fine. Its the faro that gives most people trouble.

Guy is outstanding to talk to, so if you have any questions just give him a call.
Doruk Ãœlgen
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Doruk Ãœlgen
Well as mark stated, when you work with the card a little it will be more easier.
Riffle may do the work but its not the right thing to do. 1.card may not seperate 2.the positon you are holding the cards to push after riffle is weaker than faro.
With the faro you can apply more force. If you feel its stuck in a small point just riffling the whole deck in hand will do the work. If you are really in trouble because the card is stuck,locate it and cut the deck face up which will cause the signed card to be in bottom(be carefull not to flash),than cut it once more and its in the middle seperated.....
micromega123
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of micromega123
Hi Mark005,

For the wallet routine do you use the riffle approach or the faro?

Many thanks,
sickmagic
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of sickmagic
I am glad to see I am not the only one using this effect, I have been using for years. As others stated just work the card a bit and you will be fine.

Sickmagic
Marvelous_Mysto
View Profile
Regular user
Adelaide, Australia
143 Posts

Profile of Marvelous_Mysto
It is a great effect, and ellicits screams from my audiences!

Baz
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Is it this trick you are talking about?

http://www.camirandmagic.com/rt_018.html
Mark005
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Mark005
Quote:
On 2008-08-20 15:27, micromega123 wrote:
Hi Mark005,

For the wallet routine do you use the riffle approach or the faro?

Many thanks,

I tend to use an in the hand faro as it makes top or bottom palming a bit easier as they are watching the cards "fall".
Mark005
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Mark005
Quote:
On 2008-08-27 04:30, Kjellstrom wrote:
Is it this trick you are talking about?

http://www.camirandmagic.com/rt_018.html

Yes, but you need this:

http://www.camirandmagic.com/ac_034.html

to do the routine as I, and others, do.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » The Dark Card (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL