The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » One way decks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
I see a lot of posts asking about where to get one way decks.
I thought I would post this link. This is were I get all of mine.
They have every card in red and blue bicycle. Even the jokers. And the price is right.

http://www.magicproshop.com/bicycle-forc......259.html

There are four full pages to check out.

Hope this helps some of you out.

Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Isn't that a one way forcing deck? A one way deck is where you can see a difference between cards when one is the opposite direction.
JustLoco
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, Ca
111 Posts

Profile of JustLoco
Tim,
Is there any difference between these and a Svengali deck?

Magicman4646,
Is what you are describing a Stripper deck?

I'm sorry I new, and now I'm really confused.
Justin
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
Quote:
On 2008-08-24 15:07, magicman4646 wrote:
Isn't that a one way forcing deck? A one way deck is where you can see a difference between cards when one is the opposite direction.

Yes, they are one-way forcing decks. A lot of people have been asking about decks of all Jokers. This is a cheap source for them.

Quote:
On 2008-08-24 15:23, JustLoco wrote:
Tim,
Is there any difference between these and a Svengali deck?

They are nothing alike. We are talking about decks that are all the same card but they are all normal cards.

Quote:
Is what you are describing a Stripper deck?

No, he is talking about decks where the design on the back looks different if it's turned around.
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com
Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
864 Posts

Profile of Leo Reynolds Jr
An all joker deck is $6.75 with shipping it is going to be close to the $8.00 I paid for mine from Martini. I could have ordered more to get to the $20.00 minimum
but I would have never been introduced to a very nice man by the name of Marty Grams and learned he had a DVD out on how to split cards.

Wonder why some are less then others blue 2 of clubs $4.83-blue two of diamonds $6.75. Also noticed that on page 4 last few decks are sold out are they discontinuing these.

However I keep looking for just all joker decks Never thought to look for one way decks.

Thanks for the tip.
Leo Jr
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Quote:
On 2008-08-24 15:07, magicman4646 wrote:
A one way deck is where you can see a difference between cards when one is the opposite direction.

No. That would be a deck with a one way back design.
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Or "One way backs"
Andrew, (ASW)
Sincerely,
loyaleagle
View Profile
Special user
Montgomery Village, Maryland
567 Posts

Profile of loyaleagle
I'll be honest Tim, when I clicked the article, I was pretty sure you'd be talking about decks that are "one way" (implying the back was one way). There is an ambiguity to the term "one way" and usually out of context I tend to think of back design first. One way force decks are something I don't see as often so they didn't come to mind. Just my two cents.

Nice link though....
Visit my blog: ScienceIsMagic.com
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Does it really make a difference?

I take it everyone was clever enough to figure out what was being talked about by clicking the link?

Sorry to make you guys use that finger to click that left mouse button and all, But if I was going to start a thread about Decks with one way backs, that's just what I would call it. "One way Backs".

Maybe I should have called the thread "Decks in which all the cards are the same card and where you can get them".

Would that have been self explanatory enough?

Jeeesh.
Your welcome.
Andrew, (ASW)
Sincerely,
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Quote:
On 2008-08-24 23:55, loyaleagle wrote:
One way force decks are something I don't see as often so they didn't come to mind. Just my two cents.

If you don't see them as often then I have to assume its because your not looking for them.
These are just a few other places that have them. I posted the cheapest place I could find with the best selection in my first post.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/full_search.......ng+decks

http://www.ellusionist.com/product/acces......s&page=1

http://www.whenyouwishmagic.com/store/in......_id=3688

http://www.thetrickery.com/full/Magic-Tr......5153.htm

I'm pretty sure MJM magic has them as well. However, Using MJM's search engine is like throwing a knife up high into the night sky and guessing where it will come down. You hope it lands where you want it to. But your not quite sure....

And just for the record, I called them "One way decks" because that's what they are. One way, All the same card. As opposed to "Two way" (Or 50/50) two different cards per deck. Or "Three way" three different cards per deck.

Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
Sincerely,
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
I got it the first time.
MrAlex
View Profile
New user
Indiana
51 Posts

Profile of MrAlex
I was checking out the link and it seems like you can get nearly every card.

The Jokers seem to be quite popular and the ones people get most.

For the small price difference I'd go with Martini on the Jokers.
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Quote:
On 2008-09-02 15:08, MrAlex wrote:
I was checking out the link and it seems like you can get nearly every card.

The Jokers seem to be quite popular and the ones people get most.

For the small price difference I'd go with Martini on the Jokers.

May I please ask why?

Just curious. Is there a reason? Such as service or customer support.

Have you had a bad experience with the vendor in the link?

Just asking. Trying to get some feedback on this shop. As I said, I never had any problem with them. But you never know.

Thanks,
Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
Sincerely,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » One way decks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL