The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Question Regarding John Bannon's Duplicity (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Mental Deflect is a very cool variation of Twisted Sisters. But it is not examinable as it uses gaffed cards. Different gaffs than Twisted Sisters, though.

Bannon explains why he uses blanks instead of jokers in the PDF for Duplicity. He says that blank cards pretty much begged to be examined. And since they can be examined in Duplicity, why not? Plus, Duplicity is a magical effect, not a mentalism effect. It's a cards across trick. I don't know if it would play as well if you were to present it as straight up mentalism as part of what makes it work so well is the word play of "I'm going to make the cards switch places". So at the end when the aces disappear, what would be left on the cards, nothing. They would be blank.

Ladd, I don't know how you are presenting it, but I have found that when I perform effects like this, it's a very good idea to emphasize along the way how fair the procedure is and to get the spectator to concur with you. In other words, "So you chose the the spade. Free choice, yes? Would you like to change your mind? No? Okay then, so I'll take the ace of clubs." Before the revelation, "Remember, you made all of the choices along the way." Something along those lines. Don't over do it but be sure they remember that all of the decisions were as fair as possible. And, really, all of the choices are fair. You just manipulate one of them after the fact.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Question Regarding John Bannon's Duplicity (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL