The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The April 2003 entrée: Nathan Kranzo » » if only one....... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wesleyc6
View Profile
New user
Georgia
88 Posts

Profile of wesleyc6
Nathan,
To a person just getting involved in magic that is drawn to cards and coins, other than practice, what is the one most important piece of advice you would give, or layout what you think would be a great row of milestones in the developement of a close up magician. Now how is that for vague and open ended? LOL
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Hi Wesley,

besides practice I think the most important thing is performance.

Perform for as many people and as often as you can. The more situations and obstacles you run into (and overcome) the better performer you'll be.

Best,

Nathan
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
wesleyc6
View Profile
New user
Georgia
88 Posts

Profile of wesleyc6
I always wonder if it is like the Bible says, no one honors a prophet in their home town. You know, because you perform a sleight that you just know you have down well and find out that a person sitting just right or standing just right can see it no matter what. Seems that would happen the most in the beginning when you are performing for friends.
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
Quote:
On 2003-04-09 13:10, wesleyc6 wrote:
I always wonder if it is like the Bible says, no one honors a prophet in their home town. You know, because you perform a sleight that you just know you have down well and find out that a person sitting just right or standing just right can see it no matter what. Seems that would happen the most in the beginning when you are performing for friends.

Ahhh...that is why an important part of development is knowing when and in what situations you should perform. Sometimes you have to reserve yourself because you know you can't get away with it because of present circumstances OR because of the type of people you are performing for.
However, there are plenty of routines that work in 99.9% of circumstances, so practice those the most.
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
markyeager
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of markyeager
I think that the best way to get better is to perform as much as possible in differant suituations. I try different patter as long as it makes sense. I tell people that the next effect is new for me. It allows the opportunity to ask them what they think. I also like to ask my magic friends what they think. The conbination of these ideas help create what I like to say is " My best effort for a routine" The final thought is to always be open minded, to change technique as well as patter to create positive changes in your magic
It's Fun to be Fooled
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Great advise Mark!

I can't wait to jam...

Later,

Nathan
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The April 2003 entrée: Nathan Kranzo » » if only one....... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL