The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Questions about Omega Fire (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

iwillfoolu
View Profile
Special user
Upstate NY, USA
746 Posts

Profile of iwillfoolu
I was just wondering if Omega Fire had a load chamber like Fickle Fire for cards/silks or other stuff?

Also is Omega a striker or electronic?

Finally is the $90.00 price tag per hand or do you get 2 for $90.00?

Thanks all
iwillfoolu
Magician and Balloon Twister
New York Magicians
Magician New York
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
Not positive about the chamber, but I can answer your other questions.

Omega fire is a flint ignition gimmick and for $90 it is a pair you get (one designed for left hand and the other for the right hand).

Hope this helps,

-Kevin-
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Hi

The Omega fire is good, but it will get hot and the heat sink built in doesn't play a big part. The clip on the hand is a little funny/bulky though ...but I have to agree it is the thinnest in height on the market to date.

If you can, get from Japan the Fickle Fire manufactured by Mr Sakoh... it cost me about USD $150.00 for a pair.

It is the best In Japan and I personally believe is the best I have ever seen and used, after trying out about 8 different hand gimicks on the market. The plus point is, this is NOT hot even after holding for many seconds and NO clip on the outside of the hand, yet you can still have a firm grip on the fire giimick ...you can perform up close for this one.

This in fact surpassed the orginal Kikuchi Fickle Fire which is also a good design but you will feel the heat after a while...

Hope this helps.
doveboy Smile
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Omega Fire is good. It is what you see in my hands on my avatar.

It will get hot, but has a good heavy metal heat sink, that takes longer to heat up, so in my opinion you can hold it longer than Fickle Fire. But normally you don't have to hold it that long to get the effect.

The only time I ever had a problem, was during a photo shoot where the camera guy kept wanting me to "hold it, hold it..." and things got a bit hot. Because the metal is heavier, it also takes longer to cool down.

As for the finger clip, it is screwed on, and could be replaced with something else if you want, but I have no problem with mine. I like the adjustablility of it.

And I love the cast metal flaps that close so nicely with a little motion, and put the fire out very well.

It has no load chamber, but with fire in both hands, when you ditch the gimmicks, you have plenty of time to grab something.

I turn and thrust one forward, as I dump the other and grab a silk, then turn and do again to the other side.

It all flows, and seems as if the fire goes to a silk.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Michele
View Profile
Veteran user
Taiwan
301 Posts

Profile of Michele
Hi Dove-boy,

The Fickle Fire which you mentioned, is that the one which can pass through a silk between it? But it is not manufactured by Mr. Sakoh and it is thicker than Omega Fire.

I've also seen Mr.Sakoh use it with his card routine.

Best,
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Hi Michele

Nice to hear from you. Yes, the Fickle Fire is confirmed as 100% manufactured by Mr. Sakoh himself, I even have a video that comes with it, with his teach in and other products.

The one you are talking about is another version, with the fire passing through the silk. That's also manufactured by Mr Sakoh, but is black.

In my post, I did not state the thickness, ONLY the superiority in the heat control. Nevertheless, the thickness is considered pretty small already.

In fact, many people are using this Sakoh's model, including a Korean prize winning magician and many other pros. Try it, you will love it!

Check under UGM magic shop in Japan. From the site, there are many products under the name Mr. Sakoh, but the prices are rather steep.

Hope this helps

Best
doveboy

:dancing:
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
What exactly makes one better than the other? If the gimmick needs little hold time to get the effect, isn't price really the issue? After reading all the posts, it sounds like there isn't enough of a difference to say that one is definitely better then the other, and for $90.00 bucks, Omega Fire seems to be the better choice.
I have the breath of dragons and the soul of a human.
AlexWong
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of AlexWong
Wow...this thread seems to have just faded away...

Erm... so the question remains... Fickle Fire against Omega... Any really huge difference?
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
"You get what you pay for"

A lot more work has went into Omega Fire, and it has good reviews from a range of performers so it has a higher recommendation.

Simple as that, remember the quote though ^
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Questions about Omega Fire (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL