The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Sankey vs Martin Sanderson effect? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Hi
could you please tell what the differences are , if any between:
martin sanderson, storm force 7 http://www.sanderson-magic.com/stormforce7/
and
sankey, just name it http://www.murphysmagic.com/s.nl/it.A/id.1711/.f
I have the sankey bars and resturants dvd, which has "the blackpool effect"
I have the sanderson effect, and have combined it with the kicker ending in "the blackpool effect"
but I am really confused as to how "just name it" differs from either of these?
thanks for your help
matt
digitaltrip
View Profile
Elite user
452 Posts

Profile of digitaltrip
I think one of the main differences between Just Name It and The Blackpool Effect is that Just Name It is only a prediction of a freely chosen face-up card. In The Blackpool Effect, it's the same prediction of a freely chosen face-up card but there's also a magical moment when that prediction card (previously shown as an indifferent card), transforms into the same card the spectator chose.

Another difference is in Just Name It, the prediction is written on the face of a card and in The Blackpool Effect, the prediction is written on the back of a card. I'd say that Storm Force 7 is more similar to Just Name It than to The Blackpool Effect because SF7 doesn't have the magical change of the card at the end.

On this topic, I really like SF7 because the handling is very fair and you can hand out/give out the prediction card as a souvenir or for examination (due to a known principle that he uses for this trick). You can't hand the prediction card out with Just Name It (not that one would have to anyway).

Matt, I think it's a great idea to combine The Blackpool Effect's kicker ending with Storm Force 7! Without the kicker, I think I'd choose SF7 over Just Name It mainly because of the option of handing out the prediction card after.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Sankey vs Martin Sanderson effect? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL