The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Thought Process by Wayne Fox? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jake Magic
View Profile
New user
London
8 Posts

Profile of Jake Magic
Hi Guys,

http://www.magicshop.co.uk/p2931/Thought......nfo.html

I've been looking for something new and came across this, I thought it might make a nice addition to my close-up reportoire, as it seems to be "not just another card trick".

Has anybody got it? Just wondered what your thoughts were on it... like how strong the effect is and is it relatively easy to do?

Cheers,

Jake
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Any word on this?
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1087 Posts

Profile of taller8
This one has my interest also. It seems very clean and no fishing. Doesn't look like a multiple out of any sort.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Quote:
On 2008-10-14 00:48, taller8 wrote:
This one has my interest also. It seems very clean and no fishing. Doesn't look like a multiple out of any sort.

While he did apparently get it on the first try, it does seem like it could be very subtle (and clever) fishing to me. Of course we've seen so many times in the past where the video shows the better, if not best outcomes. I'd assume that's the case here. The $50 price tag is a bit perplexing.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
You are correct Platt.You receive a dvd and part of a card box.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Wayne Fox
View Profile
V.I.P.
26 Posts

Profile of Wayne Fox
Quote:
On 2008-09-19 17:38, Jake Magic wrote:
Hi Guys,

http://www.magicshop.co.uk/p2931/Thought......nfo.html

I've been looking for something new and came across this, I thought it might make a nice addition to my close-up reportoire, as it seems to be "not just another card trick".

Has anybody got it? Just wondered what your thoughts were on it... like how strong the effect is and is it relatively easy to do?

Cheers,

Jake

Hi Jake

I just found your post and wondered if you ever got a Thought Process. I do like to answer any qustions on my products. if you have not got one yet, then to answer your questions: It is easy to perform, in both performances.

The prediction envelope is foolproof and the spectator can open the envelope. The mindreading part I am really pleased with, it has one very subtle statement that you make, and by their reaction you know instantly
what word they have chosen.

Please let me know if you have got it and I would be pleased to helpout further, I think Thought Process has been reviewed on http://www.mylovelyassistant.com

All the best

Wayne
Jake Magic
View Profile
New user
London
8 Posts

Profile of Jake Magic
Hello Wayne and everyone Smile

I have bought a Thought Process now and I really like the idea, I wonder what your thought process was for coming up with the trick??

I have used it only on my friends so far and it goes down really well as a 'spur of the moment' bit of mindreading while doing some card tricks which is cool because it subtly adds more power to the image of the card magic I've just performed.

Have you got any extra advice for bringing the gimmick into play?

I wll let you know the reactions I get in a working environment!

Take care,

Jake Smile
Wayne Fox
View Profile
V.I.P.
26 Posts

Profile of Wayne Fox
Quote:
On 2009-02-06 11:06, Jake Magic wrote:
Hello Wayne and everyone Smile

I have bought a Thought Process now and I really like the idea, I wonder what your thought process was for coming up with the trick??

I have used it only on my friends so far and it goes down really well as a 'spur of the moment' bit of mindreading while doing some card tricks which is cool because it subtly adds more power to the image of the card magic I've just performed.

Have you got any extra advice for bringing the gimmick into play?

I wll let you know the reactions I get in a working environment!

Take care,

Jake Smile

Hi Jake,

Glad you like Thought Process, To answer your question, I wanted to have a piece of mind reading that seemed 'outside the cookie cutter' and not planned ie, using 'special' cards or an ESP deck. I came up with the idea of the spectator looking at any word on the card box at hand. It just seemed way out there, in other words if we could really read minds then we could know any word they were thinking of, even one so isolated as on the side of a card box.

I always wait to get asked if I read minds before I perform Thought Process, as it makes it a much stronger effect. To do so, I gently move the conversation onto mindreading so when the spectator asks if I can read minds, (and they will ask) I can make it seem a real 'off the cuff' moment by saying, "Ok lets try this, just remember any word on the card box", as if they caught me unprepaired. Can you see what I mean by a stronger effect ?

Hope that answers things for you,

Thanks for your support, Jake, please let me know how you do.

Best

Wayne
Liam Montier
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Liam Montier
I'm a big fan of Wayne's magic. We worked a gig together three or four years back and got the chance to see several KILLER tricks, including the 'Neat and Tidy' bands to ball.

Since then, I keep my eye out for anything with his name on it - you know (like thought process) it is going to be strong AND practical.

Rock on Wayne!

Liam.
Wayne Fox
View Profile
V.I.P.
26 Posts

Profile of Wayne Fox
Quote:
On 2009-02-08 16:55, Liam Montier wrote:
I'm a big fan of Wayne's magic. We worked a gig together three or four years back and got the chance to see several KILLER tricks, including the 'Neat and Tidy' bands to ball.

Since then, I keep my eye out for anything with his name on it - you know (like thought process) it is going to be strong AND practical.

Rock on Wayne!

Liam.

Hi Liam,

Yes that was the gig with Morley, was'nt it? I had not long came up with the idea for Neat & Tidy then. You are right that's about four years ago, seems like last week.

Glad you like Thought Process,

Best

Wayne
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Can I do this one in French or it is based upon English words?

Thanks for help.

JEAN-LUC
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
It's in English words... So I would say no.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
kcbeave
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of kcbeave
Does anyone know if there is a difference in TAB and Thought Process? They look the same to me but why have the same trick with 2 different names?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Thought Process by Wayne Fox? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL