The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Anyone interested in a chatroom? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Preston Burt
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Preston Burt
I am making a website that will be up very soon, but I currently have the new forum up and running: http://www.madhattermagic.com/forum .

Anyway, I was looking into putting an online chat room feature onto my site, where people could chat real-time with other magicians. I was wondering if you guys thought this would be a good idea. Would anyone be interested? Also, do you know if there are any magic-devoted chat rooms currently availible?

Any thoughts would be welcomed. Thanks for your time.
David_Libertine
View Profile
Regular user
Lake Charles, LA
142 Posts

Profile of David_Libertine
nocash;

I've offered a chatroom on my site before and no one used it. Several other sites have chatrooms that never get any use.

The only chatroom I've seen actually get used is the one on Kevin James' site but there's a weekly group chat session of regular users.

Just my two cents.
Boy: Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth.
Neo: What truth?
Boy: There is no spoon.
Neo: There is no spoon?
Boy: Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.
Preston Burt
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Preston Burt
Yeah, I was thinking if I did have one, I would probably just schedule several meeting times a week. I know that the interest might not necessitate a full-time chat room, but if those who are interested knew a weekly time to hook-up I think it might fly. Thanks for the reply.

P.S. What's your site? I would love to check it out.
David_Libertine
View Profile
Regular user
Lake Charles, LA
142 Posts

Profile of David_Libertine
At the moment, I don't have an active site... I'm currently in major downtime restructuring my whole approach to the art and performance.

It's time to retool... Smile
Boy: Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth.
Neo: What truth?
Boy: There is no spoon.
Neo: There is no spoon?
Boy: Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Nocashvalue,

For years, Bryan Dean has run a chat group to which many members of this Café belong. (Ironically that's how I learned about the Café was from the chat.) Lots of regulars and many friendships have been forged there.

http://www.bryandean.com/chat/

For easy access, you might just type in the magictalkchat. Always a lot of people in there around the dinner hour, Sunday is the busiest. Perhaps I'll run into you there.

Yikes! The chat room I've mentioned is having temporary problems at the moment. Strangely enough, the first time in years.
Those of you that are interested perhaps try again to log on in a day or two. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Anyone interested in a chatroom? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL