The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » If you perform Extreme Burn... (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Glenn Morphew
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
486 Posts

Profile of Glenn Morphew
Hi all,

I'm curious, what denomination of bills do you change to and from? And does anyone use more than one Extreme Burn for different presentations depending on the performing venue?

Thanks in advance,
Glenn
Visit www.povmagician.com for
The Rub-a-dub Deluxe Suite
The Morphew One Hand Top Palm
Bob's 3 Shell Boot Camp and more...
The Wizards Machine
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of The Wizards Machine
I go from 1's to 20's. I will work with that for a while. Eventually I just know I am gonna do a 1's to 100's. I was just chicken to glue the hundreds, but found out today after dismantling my first build and rebuilding that rubber cement can be totally removed with no residue or damage. I bought ELMER'S CRAFT BOND type rubber cement. The craft store lady said it was the caviar* of rubber cement.

I started also today to cut out newspaper for another set, but realized I did not have another gimmick. Duh.

*(Not a suggestion that anyone spread it on a cracker. That would be bad.)
Glenn Morphew
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
486 Posts

Profile of Glenn Morphew
As Richard points out on the DVD, I think you will find magazine paper (ideally covers) preferable to newspaper if you decide go that route at some point in time.
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
I wanted to do mine with newspaper because of my patter, but it was too thin. So, I scanned the newspaper into the computer and printed it on thicker stock. Now it works just fine, and the audience is none the wiser. Smile
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Glenn Morphew
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
486 Posts

Profile of Glenn Morphew
Michael,

Good idea, thanks for the insight and solution. Being able to use "newspaper" opens up some doors to different presentation ideas I never would have thought of.

Glenn
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I also change 1's to 20's. I thought about hundreds, but that's a lot of money tied up in your money clip. Sometimes I ask the spectator what he would do with the ones if he/she had magical abilities, and they almost always say "change them to hundreds". So maybe that's the way to go (I need a raise first).

Jim
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I also find that if I ask, they say "turn them to hundreds". I have that set and another set with 20s so I can use them to pay for things.
Sammy J. Teague
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I start off with Spanish different color numbered bills. I end up with a variety of different numbered USA bills.
The Wizards Machine
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Just got back from the pharmacy. I went to pay the 15 dollar co-pay and counted out the 5 ones....

After changing to 20's then back to ones, the pharmacist went nuts. The guy called over his assistant and dared me to do it again. And, of course, that's the beauty of this; it's default position is 'reset' after changing back.

After doing it 2x, they asked me to please pay by credit.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2008-09-30 18:15, The Wizards Machine wrote:
Just got back from the pharmacy. I went to pay the 15 dollar co-pay and counted out the 5 ones....

After changing to 20's then back to ones, the pharmacist went nuts. The guy called over his assistant and dared me to do it again. And, of course, that's the beauty of this; it's default position is 'reset' after changing back.

After doing it 2x, they asked me to please pay by credit.

LOL
John Star
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of John Star
Which bills are possible to build this effect? Because the sizes?

John
The Wizards Machine
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-10-01 18:39, John Star wrote:
Which bills are possible to build this effect? Because the sizes?

John

Any bills of the same size can change into one another and back. Also, magazine clippings to bills and back (of same size).
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Not bills. It just seems crass to wind up flashing cash at an audience and then pocketing it - at least without setting up some sort of moment where an idea or feeling takes the heat off the cash.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
ebusojar
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of ebusojar
1s into 20s is more feasilbe monetarily for me, however, once I have the funds, I would love to keep a 1s into 100s set on me for that "Change-them-into-hundreds!" guy.
Evan Northrup
www.evannorthrup.com
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
I do 1s to 20s as well. Inevitably someone says turn them to 100s and I just pretend to not hear them correctly and say "That's exactly right. I turned $5 into $100."
Leo-Kim
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of Leo-Kim
I use stiff magazinecovers with lots of colour on them. It helps concealing the gaff more than plain white paper.

Combined with a firewallet it makes for great conversationpieces!

Mikael Johansson
Sweden
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing well (Donald Duck)
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1256 Posts

Profile of Salby
If you don't want to spend time removing the rubber cement after dismantling your gimmick, just sprinkle baby powder on those sides.

They won't stick together and you can spend the money with no problem.
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
amazenyou
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
95 Posts

Profile of amazenyou
I change 1's into 2's and love the effect of it. Not only have most people not ever seen 2 dollar bills, some don't even know they exist which adds a cool mystery to it. You can get 2's at pretty much any bank, but most people don't know that.

C
Youth Writer - Linking Ring Magazine
If you know of a youth that should be featured in my article, let me know!
www.cliffbumgardner.com
JustinVisible
View Profile
Elite user
South Jersey/Philadelphia Areas
453 Posts

Profile of JustinVisible
I keep 1's to 5's (but the new fives)... I ask a spectator if they have seen those new fives yet and the big pruple number on them... Either yes or no, take out stack and count money... "oh, thought I could show you something with the 5, but I have five 1's here.." change and then show new fives... You get the point. It is never too much money to have just sitting around and if you need to spend some of it, not too hard to get or on the pocket to replace...

Cheers,

Justin

ASIDE - I used 1's to 2' in "Slow Burn"
"If they laugh, it's funny..."
Fripsmaster
View Profile
New user
Holland
33 Posts

Profile of Fripsmaster
I change copied black and white 10 euro bills to real ten euro bills.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » If you perform Extreme Burn... (7 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL