The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Locked In Thought. New from Paul Brook (83 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Hi Mikkel,

My 'force' process is a combination of
- using the common numbers that people go for when asked to name or think of one.
- killing the near common with my request for them to name a number.
- encouraging the unusual after the common are named.
- capitalising on common or different when they I have prior knowledge of the numbers chosen.

In other words Jazz Smile

Psychological Subtleties and Kneppers stuff is my inspiration. Naked Mentalism is apparently the more recent work to get. I do not have it but I assume it deals with numbers as well as many other things too.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
harbour
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of harbour
All, good ideas.
Iain, great idea.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
So after reading all of this success and positivisty I am kind of embarrassed to post this, but I Have been struggling with this thing for a day now with no success. Written instructions with no pictures has me stumped. I figured out how to reset the lock after 15 minutes of fumbling. But now can't figure out how to crack it. I feel like I am spinning a roll of tape around trying to find the hidden edge.
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2016, DavidKenney wrote:
So after reading all of this success and positivisty I am kind of embarrassed to post this, but I Have been struggling with this thing for a day now with no success. Written instructions with no pictures has me stumped. I figured out how to reset the lock after 15 minutes of fumbling. But now can't figure out how to crack it. I feel like I am spinning a roll of tape around trying to find the hidden edge.

David: Where did you buy this? I just ordered this from https://www.mystiquefactory.com/products/locked-in-thought-gimmick-and-online-instructions-by-paul-brook, which includes online instructions which I assume are video. Am I wrong?

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Yes - the online instructions are strictly a 46 page pdf with no pictures

The very bottom of the ad copy says

What You Get:
Special Padlock: One padlock that that will enable you to perform these amazing effects
eBook: A 40 page eBook containing the secret to the effect, scripted routines, along with tried and tested subtleties
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
887 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:

Can I recommend starting form the opposite side that is mentioned in the eBook.

Also, add some keys so that you can get 'sufficient' purchase while learning the routine.

Hope this helps?

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

He Knows Shop - All of my mentalism books, PDFs and props Smile

Certified Mentalism A beautifully illustrated hardback book full of real world mentalism Smile

FREE MENTALISM Free hard-hitting effects, routines and methods, just a click away Smile

MAGIC TV INTERVIEW An deep dive interview with Craig Petty, nothing held back! Smile
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
887 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2016, Christopher Taylor wrote:
Quote:

David: Where did you buy this? I just ordered this from https://www.mystiquefactory.com/products/locked-in-thought-gimmick-and-online-instructions-by-paul-brook, which includes online instructions which I assume are video. Am I wrong?

Christopher

Yes you are wrong, the instructions are in PDF format, however, to make things clearer I have recently filmed an explanation video that is currently being edited.

Until then I'm happy to Skype with anyone who has purchased the lock and talk them through the process.

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

He Knows Shop - All of my mentalism books, PDFs and props Smile

Certified Mentalism A beautifully illustrated hardback book full of real world mentalism Smile

FREE MENTALISM Free hard-hitting effects, routines and methods, just a click away Smile

MAGIC TV INTERVIEW An deep dive interview with Craig Petty, nothing held back! Smile
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
I think the video will really help a lot of your clients, especially those of us who have zero skills with lock picking. A picture is worth a thousand words as they say and I also think it will give your audience more BANG for their buck
Deignan
View Profile
New user
Poinciana, Florida
17 Posts

Profile of Deignan
I just purchased Locked in Thought and I cannot get it to work as described in the instructions. There has been mention of a video explanation, but I can only access the 46 page pdf file. If Paul Brook sees this, please give me some instructions to find the video. Thanks.
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
733 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
I'm sure Paul will get you sorted, but just a heads up that Paul goes into great detail on this effect in his Penguin lecture, which covers a ton of other great stuff as well!
BCE
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of BCE
Another "I Can't Decipher These Instructions" post. I do have his Penguin lecture (it's on my iPod as well on my phone) so if he covers it his lecture whatever's on Page 12, please let me know the time-marker on the Penguin lecture so I can look there.

On R******* (Page 12):

1: ok, all good
2: problem - "then press **** into the ****"
Am I reading the last part of Step 2 correctly because:
3: "Once *****" -- which is what I just did -- "turn the **** ***** *****"
How do I ***** either ***** from me or **** me if I did Step 2 correctly?

Is there a clearer, 'Explain-Like-I'm-5-Years-Old' explanation or a video or some sort of illustration?
MentalMik
View Profile
Regular user
Ridgecrest, California
183 Posts

Profile of MentalMik
I got it from Hocus Pocus, still messing around with it to feel comfortable, not cracked it yet. Not having Skype, is there a video clip available to assist?
From the mind of Mik.
Ridgecrest, California, by way of the UK.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Locked In Thought. New from Paul Brook (83 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL