The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Losander's Beginner's Floating Table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1934 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
I just found out about these and am fairly excited about them. Does anyone have one that can comment on the quality and give a review?

http://www.magicalvisionsllc.com/isell3/product.php?id=162
Anders Moden
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Anders Moden
I had the pleasure of purchasing the simplest table from Losander at the FISM 2006. I hesitaded over wich model to buy, but I decided that the simplest looking model was the best for me. It was also the lightest one. Not that any of the tables are heavy, but the simpler the lighter.

The quality is extremely high, so is the casing, the cloth and the gimmick. I am very satisfyed.

The models and line-up seems to have changed slightly, but if anything have changed it's probably even better now.

And the deal of trading in the table at full value if purchasing anothe model is really generous.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1934 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Thanks for the reply. This is a great deal.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3133 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Wow! I thought the cheapest model available was around $1500.

Jim
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
3796 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
This is a tremendous deal no doubt. I love my Losander table, I do have the high end version that stands in a corner of my living room ready to amaze.
It matches the rest of the furniture in an uncanny way but the effect is the effect no matter which table.

I would not hesitate to invest in this "beginner's table" for any reason. Losander's creation here of a table floating is flawless and beautiful no matter which version.

Feel very good about any purchase from this TRUE wizard.

Also look into his new "flower vase" hands free effect with the table. Great!
Clandestine Dark Arts Media
ekins
View Profile
Loyal user
Portland, Oregon
276 Posts

Profile of ekins
I like the basic look of the "beginners" table better than the more expensive tables. The more expensive ones are a bit too ornate for my tastes.
mrehula
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of mrehula
Get the gravity box as well.

I don't have one of these, but I've seen Losander demonstrate it, and the box adds a quantum leap in the illusion. I figured that the table had to be done with thread work (as much of his work is), but with that dang gravity box I was completely at a loss as to the method. So I finally just sat back and enjoyed the routine.
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1386 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
I saw Losander perform the floating table w/flower vase at a recent lecture.

The flower vase is the way to go.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
GWSchott
View Profile
Veteran user
Southeastern Michigan
361 Posts

Profile of GWSchott
I just bought one of Losander's tables and was torn between the Anti Gravity Box and the Flower Vase. I ended up going with the Anti Gravity Box because I think with proper handling it would appear more 'magical' than the flower vase.
Yours In Magic,
Gordon
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3438 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
This makes me happy. I might be able to afford this next year. such a pretty piece for the right show.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
3796 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
The "Anti Gravity Box" opens up many possibilities for themed content inside the box...the vase certainly lends itself to a flower Smile

I needed both to fit the variety of occasion.
Clandestine Dark Arts Media
Magicmike221
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
564 Posts

Profile of Magicmike221
There is a picture of The floating table on my site
http://www.mikesmagic.co.uk I originally hesitated on buying one of these as I'm a close up guy & I think the table "prop" is more for a Stage act ...but took the plunge, bought one & don't regret it!!
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1934 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Magicmike221,
Did you buy the basic one ($500) or a fancier model?
JasonBaney
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of JasonBaney
Hello all,
I work with Losander and make the Anti-Grav vases as well as the new Collector Series of tables. (If you don't know about these already there will be an announcement soon.) As far as the new basic $500 table, they just came out and there is only 3 people that have them right now. In my opinion it is a wonderful startup/trainer table. It let's you know if the effect fits you, what your ability to perform it is etc. With the $500 cost applied to an upgrade you have nothing to lose. It is a wonderful effect. So if your hesitant to buy one without trying or on a budget and want to work up to a more expensive model, do it, you'll love it. Then your only real decision is which upgrade you'll want.
ekins
View Profile
Loyal user
Portland, Oregon
276 Posts

Profile of ekins
To confirm my current understanding of the beginner's table. Is the only reason to choose to upgrade to another table is because of how the table looks? Is there any difference in the handling or what can be done with it?

-Brian
JasonBaney
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of JasonBaney
Yes and no, what a lot of people forget is all illusions are based on looks or what you see. The fancier or more expensive models look more realistic, like what you would normally see in everyday life, and not so much like a prop. Also since they are larger they look heavier making the illusion look more deceptive and amazing. Losander personally uses the biggest and most expensive table he sells. The reason for this is the effect it has is increased dramatically. There is also a construction difference, the basic table is simply made, whereas the larger ones have a more complex design and look more intricate.
Here is a basic rule of thumb, you get what you pay for. The reason the big boys are the big boys is they don't cheap out.
holycrikey
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of holycrikey
I saw a post on the beginner table in the illusion section too. This is just so awesome that I may finally be able to afford to get my first floating table. I have always loved this, but never got it because of its pricing. I have seen the other fancier version as well as the excalibur table before. Maybe one day I can afford to get those too.
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
502 Posts

Profile of Corey K
I'm curious if this comes with the nice padded case that the other models come in? I'm really excited about this - I love Losander's tables but never had the cash for one. This model, on the other hand, is definitely affordable.
Magicmike221
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
564 Posts

Profile of Magicmike221
Quote:
On 2008-10-26 22:36, paso8396 wrote:
Magicmike221,
Did you buy the basic one ($500) or a fancier model?

Hi The one I purchased was around £400
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1934 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Thanks for letting me know Mike.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1934 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
I was just watching the demo of the floating table. Is it just me, or does it seem like a normal candle would tip over if it were just setting on a table that is moving all around?
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
I'm confused. Is it 500 bucks or 800 bucks?

http://www.losandermagic.com/Basic_Table.html

Lyndel
Dave McFarland
View Profile
Regular user
Portland, OR
184 Posts

Profile of Dave McFarland
Check out this page: http://www.losandermagic.com/News.html
It's called the "Beginner Table". It's $500 + $100 for anti-gravity box.
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Thanks for the link Dave. Guess I was confusing The names Basic Table and Beginners Table...

Lyndel
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1934 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
I didn't see an option for a case with the Beginner's Table. Is there a case available and if so, how much extra?
JasonBaney
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of JasonBaney
II'm sure it comes with a case. They all do, it's the only way he can protect them for shipping but I'll
text him right now and see........he says yes it does.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1934 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Jason,
Your "............he says yes it does" made me laugh. Thanks for the info.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3438 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Quote:
On 2008-10-27 01:32, JasonBaney wrote:
Yes and no, what a lot of people forget is all illusions are based on looks or what you see. The fancier or more expensive models look more realistic, like what you would normally see in everyday life, and not so much like a prop. Also since they are larger they look heavier making the illusion look more deceptive and amazing. Losander personally uses the biggest and most expensive table he sells. The reason for this is the effect it has is increased dramatically. There is also a construction difference, the basic table is simply made, whereas the larger ones have a more complex design and look more intricate.
Here is a basic rule of thumb, you get what you pay for. The reason the big boys are the big boys is they don't cheap out.,

so, does that mean it is only suitable for practice? id love to buy a better table but I won't have 2500 anytime soon. I love to use in performace the 500 dollar table and maybe in a few years upgrade, less time if at all possiable. but of course if the illusion is that much worse with the beginner table... I guess its not worth it?
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1934 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Joshua,
I don't think that is the case. In my opinion, the basic table looks more like a typical table the then the more ornate expensive ones.
But I think you are looking to hear from Jason Baney not me.Smile
JasonBaney
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of JasonBaney
Of course you can perform with the basic table. The difference is it is smaller in size and simpler in design. Will the illusion be as strong as floating a larger one, well I'd say no, but it will be good. Also the more you practice and understand the concept, motivation, and technique the more your performance will improve. That is another reason to buy a basic one, to gain the experience, build up the muscles you need, etc. Given that and the $500 price tag which can be used towards an upgrade, you've got nothing to lose if you always wanted to do the effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Losander's Beginner's Floating Table (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.219796 seconds, requiring 88 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [5] [8] [3] [9] [8] [9] [5] [2]